Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,961 to 1,980 of 11,914

Shinion

@Ryno: I'm just amazed you've not deleted the comment yet. I've seen you call Nintendo fans 'fanboys' and yet your best response to counteract the claim that Microsoft are dude-bro heaven is saying that they've paid $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ for Lara Croft for a year. I was 50/50 on this debate at first, being a Nintendo fan, I'm glad that Microsoft are 'different' and it is why I do like them as a company, but it just amazes me that there are people like you who are that much in denial.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

HollywoodHogan

@TheLastLugia:

So you are shocked that the game Scalebound will feature the game's main protagonist (and who you play as) prominently on the front cover? Really?

It may come as a surprise to you, but this is pretty much what has been done since the dawn of the movie poster/comic book/video game.

And then you question the intelligence of others ray:

Friend to all SJW's

Jazzer94

@HollywoodHogan: Can you honestly not tell he is talking more about the characters design/stereotype then about the cover?

PSN: mangaJman
SSBB FC: 1204-1132-2888
My YouTube
The Jazzloggery
Once you see you can never unsee

3DS Friend Code: 5155-3100-6367 | Nintendo Network ID: Justinius94

HollywoodHogan

@Jazzer94:

Then what about the design stereotypes of Nintendo games that cater to anime/brony-types?

This guy seems to believe that his beliefs and likes are superior to all others, or that one company is better than the rest, while I am just pointing out that ALL companies target their games/products to specific groups.

He believes that it's completely normal for Nintendo to feature cutesy and colorful characters on their box art because thats what those games are about, but then seems to have a problem when a game that is from another developer has a 'dudebro' box cover?

Mega Man 2 on the NES had a pretty 'dudebro' box cover too, but hopefully he has gotten over that one ray:

Friend to all SJW's

Shinion

@HollywoodHogan: right I just give up. I'm just staggered that I'm arguing against this rubbish whilst at the same time you're the ones calling Nintendo fans 'fanboys' for daring to buy a Mario game. My point about the covers is that is the sole reason why Scalebound's protagonist looks and acts the way he does, same with Sunset Overdrive last year- to appeal to 12 year old boys. And we people who want something different, something to break the monotony, have to put up with tripe in the game, just watch that trailer again, it's just awful. I love Scalebound's artsyle, world design and gameplay, but every 10 seconds I have to put up with that douchebag shouting out 'woah there dude, that's totally radical!'.

You people are just so blinded I don't know how/why you attack Nintendo and their fans on a regular basis. There are many problems in the industry that people like me recognise and criticise regularly, and a lack of creativity and diversity is right up there with DLC and pre-order culture. One of my favourite games of all time is Okami, a brilliant and masterpiece of a game that stars a white wolf on the cover. What happened to it in sales you ask? It bombed. Hard, because 12 year old boys didn't want to buy a game that had that on the cover, and bought COD and Battlefield instead. And in the ultimate slice of irony, Okami was developed by Clover Studios, who have since become Platinum, the developers of Scalebound. Yes there really was a time when publishers didn't interfere and make sure that Amaterasu was a human instead of a wolf, and left the devs to realise their vision. God bless you old Capcom.

But as I say I'm done here, this has just descended into a joke. F*** fanboys and f*** interfering publishers, ruining gaming for everyone.

Shinion

Ralizah

Scalebound would have looked amazing had it been running at a higher framerate. Hopefully they have it running at a solid 30 fps by the time it releases.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Shinion

@HollywoodHogan: BUT THEY ARE NOT INTERFERING IN GAMES!!!!!!!!! What about that is so hard for you to comprehend!? There is no way in hell that the guy making Scalebound wanted this to be his protagonist, it's as clear as day, though I'm sure that the publisher has made him say otherwise, if you like that sort of thing then go ahead and support it, you may buy a game without a guy with a gun on the front sometime this century that way. Kirby's Epic Yarn- impossible to die, everything made out of yarn, bright and colourful throughout, yep that's a Kirby game, put a smiling and happy Kirby on the front. Scalebound- dragons, medieval fantasy world, open world RPG, what's going to be on the cover? Stupid Dante-rip-off with his Beats-ripp-off headphones. And we're gonna hear him yap his head off all-the-time if the trailer is anything to go off. You think there's a monotony and repetition with Nintendo that's fine, I wouldn't deny that, but you can't sit here and say that the amount of risk taking in the triple A side of things isn't a worry, the other person above just used Tomb Raider to counteract this, that's how pathetic this is. You're just the biggest hypocrite on the internet if you deny it.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

MsJubilee

@TwilightAngel Lets not flame other users, if you want to add to the discussion do so constructively in future. (Jazzer)

Edited on by Jazzer94

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah wrote:

Scalebound would have looked amazing had it been running at a higher framerate. Hopefully they have it running at a solid 30 fps by the time it releases.

And hopefully looks about ten times more fun than it does at the moment. I could not believe I was seeing a fairly slow paced action RPG instead of what Kamiya usually does with his trademark fast paced action games, which he absolutely excels at!

I can partially agree with TheLastLugia about the character being a stereotypical looking angsty young adult, but whether there was any influence from outside the company remains to be seen. I think it is the least of your worries, to be fair.

Let's hope the game manages to look a fair bit more exciting this time next year.

p.s. The use of Lara Croft as an example of Microsoft being against 'dude bro' characters is really poor though, seeing as they coughed up a huge sum of money to keep it as an exclusive (for one year), and that she has been around since 1995 too.

Peek-a-boo

Shinion

@TwilightAngel: you're a barrel of laughs too. That's the second time you've posted something like that to me, perhaps vary your comments? You bore me. That first part was sarcasm by the way, I've never seen anything but annoying posts from you. Didn't even join in the debate, just tried to get on my nerves even more. Does this website have standards at all? @Jazzer94 you're here and you're an admin, can you inform me where the rules/regualtions are for this site so I can see that posts intended solely to annoy people aren't allowed? Thanks in advance.

Shinion

Ryno

Peek-a-boo wrote:

p.s. The use of Lara Croft as an example of Microsoft being against 'dude bro' characters is really poor though, seeing as they coughed up a huge sum of money to keep it as an exclusive (for one year), and that she has been around since 1995 too.

Untitled
But I'll bite anyway since it’s you.

Let's quote the comment here.

TheLastLugia wrote:

You may think it's funny, but if you knew what you were talking about you'd know that publishers have outright said that 'you can't play as a girl'...

My Tomb Raider response was to simply to that comment right there. That’s it. If you guys want to go off on how that doesn’t prove anything because Tomb Raider is simply classic then enjoy yourselves. Microsoft wouldn’t of "coughed up a huge sum of money” to “play as a girl” if they believed “you can’t play as a girl.”

Hopefully since Scalebound is going to be multiplayer you can have the option to play as a girl but probably not because Microsoft only likes "dudebros." Also, I’m sure ReCore is going to bomb since that doesn’t have a “dudebro” main character.

Untitled

Edited on by Ryno

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Peek-a-boo

If it makes you feel any better about yourself Ryno, 'since it's you', it wasn't a bait in any shape or form other than backing TheLastLugia up a little bit about the whole Scalebound protagonist observation.

But you go ahead and let your overly active imagination make a big meal out of it, if you like.

Peek-a-boo

HollywoodHogan

@TwilightAngel:

ray:

@TheLastLugia:

So what you are trying to say, if I'm reading this correctly, is that you don't like the protagonist in Scalebound and would prefer him to be (yet another) androgynous Japanese dude with purple spiky hair, large eyes, and tight fitting pants? Because that would be more in line with your expectations of what the hero in a fantasy game made in Japan should look like?

And did you ever think that it was possibly Platinum Games themselves who decided to go with the 'dudebro' protagonist? Or that they too are the ones who are writing the dialogue you seem to hate? Because Viewtiful Joe, Mad World, W101 and Bayonetta ALL featured similarly sounding cheesy dialogue and one liners.

One love ray:

Friend to all SJW's

HollywoodHogan

@Ryno:

Seeing how these characters seem to be twisting around everyone's words, I think this would be a good opportunity to quote the Hot Rod

Untitled

Friend to all SJW's

Ryno

@HollywoodHogan: Perfect. I believe Roddy would agree and may he Rest In Peace.

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Peek-a-boo

Why can't we all get along, hey?

Seems like there is an awful lot of negativity in the past couple of pages and a lot of needless and overly imaginative pot shots.

Untitled

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

shingi_70

Wow this thread took a turn. Some details about Scalebound from IGN

• you can eventually ride dragon
  • very large non-linear world.
    “If Thuban(dragons name) is close to death, Drew’s arm will change colour
    you can customize dragon "here are a lot of customisation options that we’re planning for your dragon,” says Scalebound’s game designer Yusuke Miyata. ”It’s not just the armour, it’s broken down into several different parts of the dragon. The parts themselves have a transformation quality, and on top of that you can pick and choose the armour you can slot into these parts.”"

Not worried about it its about 14 months out and wonderful 101 was rough looking when it was first shown.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ryno

shingi_70 wrote:

Not worried about it its about 14 months out and wonderful 101 was rough looking when it was first shown.

Yeah, I'm not worried about it either. It seems like some gamers in general always want to know what devs are currently working on but once they are shown something, no matter how alpha it may be, they just want to criticize things about it like a bad framerate, bad animations, to barren, etc. Sure, if it was closer to release than I can see be more critical. But this one in particular, I wont, not with still at least 14 months.

Edited on by Ryno

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

TylerTheCreator

I almost regret buying the Xbox One. All of the Xbox exclusives don't appeal to me at all, and the console is really, really slow. What is the 8 GB of RAM even for?

TylerTheCreator

3DS Friend Code: 1633-4674-8666 | Nintendo Network ID: Shock-T

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic