Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 1,941 to 1,960 of 11,914

DefHalan

If Microsoft announced tonight that Halo Wars 1 coming to Windows 10 this fall, I would install Windows 10 now.

On other news. Has Microsoft basically made the Xbox One the ultimate Steam Machine now? It seems like they are pushing for Xbox One and PC to be almost the same that it feels like it is the best Steam Machine lol

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

SCRAPPER392

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@SCAR392: Nope, it's for the Gears 1 remaster. I expect with the backwards compatibility this fall we'll be seeing a lot less remasters for Xbox One leaving PS4 as the odd one out.

I understand that, now, but it wouldn't have surprised me if that's what the new Gears looks like. Halo 5 already mostly runs like Halo 4, based off the beta, IMO.

I'll have the Xbox 360 versions via BC, so I'd rather just go play there, unless they shut down the servers or some s***..

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

spizzamarozzi

RR529 wrote:

@spizzamarozzi, Dead or Alive 4 is one of my favorite fighters, and Lost Odyssey is a good JRPG (though I had only completed maybe half of it before I had to return it). Both of which are 360 exclusive.

Though they're not exclusive, I'd also recommend SoulCalibur IV, Ninja Gaiden II, Portal: Still Alive, Red Dead Redemption, and the King of Fighters XIII if you don't have them, or can't get them on another system.

thank you!! DoA4 was already on my radar. I've just checked and both games you mentioned are super-cheap at my local GameStop so I will be sure to pick them up next time I'll be there. A few of the other games I have on PS3 already, but thanks anyway. For multiplatform games is going to be whatever version is cheaper at the shop.

Top-10 games I played in 2017: The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild (WiiU) - Rogue Legacy (PS3) - Fallout 3 (PS3) - Red Dead Redemption (PS3) - Guns of Boom (MP) - Sky Force Reloaded (MP) - ...

3DS Friend Code: 0104-0649-7464 | Nintendo Network ID: spizzamarozzi

Ryno

Scalebound looks so good. With another 14 months or so until this releases, man...
Untitled

Crackdown 3 - I'm interested. The cloud is real. Good to see the minds at Microsoft are figuring it out.

Battletoads Rash in Killer Instinct Season 3? Take my preorder now.

Backwards compatibility is brilliant. All GwG game's compatible with XB1 and X360 games as bonuses for ordering upcoming games is a great bonus.

Forza 6 just lick slick though I may be more of a Horizons guy.

We Happy Few Nice to see a creepy game without zombies.
Free DVR: Sure, why not?

To blessed to be stressed.
80's music makes me feel fabulous.
What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Nintendo Network ID: Choryzo

Tasuki

@spizzamarozzi: Left 4 Dead is a great series that's an exclusive. Also if you are into racing games you can't go a wrong with Project Gotham Racing 4.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

Nintendo Network ID: Tasuki311

shingi_70

Untitled

The controls for Jet Force Gemini are screwed, just like I remembered.

I still need to watch the conference, so i'll post my thoughts tomorrow.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

6ch6ris6

i dont get the theme of scalebound. medieval fantasy enemies, but the main character acts like a moron with headphones from the 21st century. and he can transform in some dragon-thing. wtf? the game looks totally random. like it was made by 12year olds

Edited on by Jazzer94

Ryzen 5 2600
2x8GB DDR4 RAM 3000mhz
GTX 1060 6GB

Shinion

@6ch6ris6: to me it looks like there's been a clear case of publisher interference here. It happens all the time, so we shouldn't be surprised when this does happen, I'd imagine the game's protagonist that Platinum pitched was, well, ditched in favour of this bro-dude teen to appeal to the Xbox crowd. I can look past it though, the game looks amazing and I don't doubt that the gameplay will be the best thing about it, Platinum know how to make great games.

Shinion

shingi_70

@6ch6ris6 @TheLastLugia

you guys do know Platinum's first gam was Madworld which has the broiest main character ever and its sequel Anarchy Reigns had really "broy" character designs.

Also the main character is from Earth, but is pulled into this fantasy world.

In Scalebound, you will experience the journey of a young loner named Drew, who is pulled into the strange, beautiful, and dangerous world of Draconis – where he is bonded to a fearsome and noble dragon, Thuban, the last of his kind. These two lone-wolf heroes, thrown together by fate, must learn to fight as one to defeat the powerful enemies that threaten Draconis, Earth, and a vast universe of parallel worlds.

You’ll explore the beautiful and dangerous world of Draconis, as you and your dragon companion work to defeat legions of enemy soldiers and epic scale beasts. Scalebound’s accessible-yet-deep (and very stylish and over-the-top!) gameplay gives you the power to fluidly chain attacks with your dragon to, creating devastating combos to unleash upon your foes.

You can even customize your winged pal: Choose your favorite dragon shape (winged serpent, four legged tank, and more), and then evolve your companion’s unique abilities and attacks, as well as its appearance.

Even than its not like technology progression isn't weird in alot of universes. Naruto takes place in feudal Japan yet they have VCRs and servalience systems. Same with dragon ball z being a fantasy world yet having modern day technology.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Shinion

@shingi_70: yes I played Madworld and I can see where you're coming from, but there's a difference between having an entire game design be of an 'out there' nature, as Madworld was designed to be everything you wouldn't expect to find on a Wii game, and a fantasy game with dragons staring, well, Mr Dante-rip-off. Like I say it's happened before, Bioshock Infinite's dev flat out said that the publisher wouldn't get behind his game unless the guy that ended up being the main character was in the game so that could throw him on the cover. We won't know for sure one way or the other, but it is jarring to say the least, be it Platinum or the publisher's idea. I'll just say I'm very confident we'll see this guy on the cover of the game when it's announced, because of course they will. It's just the way it has to be.

Shinion

shingi_70

Well of course he's on the cover he's the main character ffs. It's like complaining that Master Chief is on the cover to Halo 5.

WAT!

shingi_70

I mean you guys want to say Intefence but viewtiful Joe's protags was pretty douchy as well.

WAT!

Shinion

@shingi_70: no but you're looking at it the wrong way, I don't really want this to descend into some sort of debate because as I said at first I'm willing to overlook it. If you want to understand my point of view more, look at Jim Sterling's video titled 'the creepy cull of female protagonists'. It's not like Master Chief at all, it's the fact that almost every single AAA game these days needs to have something to appeal to everyone, or at least 12 year old boys and so-called 'bro-dudes'. Scalebound just looks like another one to add to the list in this regard, no longer are devs concerned with making the games the way they want and the way it used to be, but now it has to follow certian guidelines set-down by the publishers. One of those is a bro-dude on the cover so it 'stands-out', which is the ultimate irony as it happens all the time now that it's harder to find a game cover that doesn't tow-the-line in this regard.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

DefHalan

I don't think Scalebound's theme is that weird. Final Fantasy has been mixing themes very similar for years, Scalebound's main character just seems to be less serious than your standard Final Fantasy character.

Scalebound didn't look that impressive to me :/

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

HollywoodHogan

@TheLastLugia:

And how come every Nintendo game cover has to have a rainbow colored cartoon character on it to appeal to children?

These sales tactics/design choices go both ways, so I don't know why you are arguing as if one choice is superior to the other.

Friend to all SJW's

Shinion

@HollywoodHogan: yeah well I don't know whether or not you have the intelligence to see this, because it's kinda obvious to me, but making a game like Animal Crossing, Yoshi's Wooly World or Kirby and having a cutesy cover is kinda to be expected. When you make a fantasy game with dragons and then but a dude-bro headphone wearing teen on the cover well, that kinda blows. Especially when it happens in the case of Bioshock Infinite where they had to change the character from the female who was meant to be the star to the guy who ended up on the cover. I loved Bioshock Infinite, mainly for Elizabeth and how 'out-there' it was, but you look at the box and you would think it's the 1000000000th COD clone. It sucks that even this Japanese dragon fantasy fighting game is going to be exactly the same, because people like you accept it and consider it normal. I, for one, prefer my games to be a bit less teen-angst but unfortunately that isn't the way this industry works. 1/10 for that Nintendo comparison by the way, you couldn't have missed the mark more if you tried.

Shinion

Ryno

I can just picture the meeting with Microsoft and Kamiya. "Yes, you can make your ultimate game with dragons and beasts and will give you a lot of money to create it. The only thing we ask is that the main character is a "dudebro" because that is the only characters Xbox fans can really relate too. "

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Shinion

@Ryno: I'm not saying it's just Microsoft, it's everywhere this side of gaming. Though to be frank, it happens more on Microsoft than the others. Can you honestly say that it's a coincidence that in both Sunset Overdrive and now Scalebound, both Xbox exclusives from two different companies, that they have the exact same style of protagonist? And why do you think that is? It just reeks of publishers wanting to tamper with creativity and diversity and yet you people still defend them. Did you watch that Scalebound trailer without cringing? 'Let's smash 'em up!' 'Woah there big guy, use your words!'. I'm personally sick to death of it.

You may think it's funny, but if you knew what you were talking about you'd know that publishers have outright said that 'you can't play as a girl', or 'you can't make a game where a woman makes sexual contact with a man, that would just be awkward'. Even the publishers of The Last of Us opposed Naughty Dog at first when putting Ellie on the cover of the game. Have you played TLOU? Ellie's kind of important in that game if you haven't, yet in the triple A industry, they don't give a s*** about that, only how many 12 year old boys will get their parents to buy the game based on the cover. So yeah, it's absolutely impossible that the publishers opposed Scalebound's vision, they wouldn't do that. You're right, my bad.

Edited on by Shinion

Shinion

Ryno

@TheLastLugia: No dude, you are right. No way would publishers do anything other than a Dudebro, especially Microsoft.
Untitled

What Would Duane Do?
Rynoggery

Shinion

@Ryno: yeah except that's Lara Croft, been in gaming longer than Microsoft. I'm talking about new games without established protagonists/plots, not bloody Tomb Raider. ROTTR will sell on those last two words alone, and having Lara f***** Croft on the front is about as low risk as you can get. Jesus Christ. To counteract that ridiculous claim, I'd say if either Sony/Microsoft made a Tomb Raider inspired game, the protagonist would be a guy holding a gun on the front. What's that you say? The Uncharted 4 cover? No way brb. Lara Croft. My God.

@TheLastLugia Disagree with another user all you want but do so without throwing insults around, in other words be polite. (Jazzer)

Edited on by Jazzer94

Shinion

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic