Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 141 to 160 of 11,914

Midnight3DS

Ark_Sin wrote:

@Midnight3DS Careful of your double-post earlier.

Thank you kindly. I didn't catch it.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

Ralizah

Ark_Sin wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

It makes you pay to play a game on more than one system?!

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

Oh god, this thing is going to suck so much!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Really, I still think Xbox One looks better.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.
We still don't know enough information...

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Well... Guess who's not getting my money

@RR529 I believe so.

Hehe, this information changed my reaction to the question of whether I'm getting an XBOX ONE from a "no" to a "hell no!"

Seriously, this is big brother, creepy totalitarian stuff.

I'll def. be getting a Wii U. I might get a PS4. I certainly won't get this, though.

At least it doesn't require a constant internet connection...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

OptometristLime

Ralizah wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

@RR529 I believe so.

Hehe, this information changed my reaction to the question of whether I'm getting an XBOX ONE from a "no" to a "hell no!"

I'll def. be getting a Wii U. I might get a PS4. I certainly won't get this, though.

At least it doesn't require a constant internet connection...

But then, how will you apply Iwata Asks directly to the forehead?

You are what you eat from your head to your feet.

RetroGBHippie92

I just saw the Xbox One, man..... Did they just get a brick and paint it black? because that thing don't have no curves. I'm so glad I bought a Wii U, ok the games aren't here yet, but I'll be playing Mario HD soon, also Microsoft doesn't seem to have brought any new IPs to the table, where are they? doesn't make me wanna buy one, that is if I wanted two Xbox's strapped together to count as "One".
A new Halo or Forza doesn't make me want to buy an xbox, but thankfully all the so called 'Bro' gamers will flock to the machine because it wil have the next Halo. I never saw what the appeal of Halo was, to me it's just another FPS with a ton of "lore". I guess Microsoft are only out to make money, it's more of an entertainment centre than anything, not since the 80s have they called a video game system that (ok that's it, i'm calling it the Microsoft Xbox One Home Entertainment System).

You know for the last console generation, the PS3 and 360 have been more or less "FPS machines", a ton of imitators ranging from Call of Duty to Medal of Honor to Battlefield, the list keeps going, I'm sorry if you don't agree, I can only name a few non-FPS game that graced the 360, Viva Pinata, Skylanders, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Harry potter, Lego, Lego, Lego, Lego (oh my gosh I just had a brain fart because I CAN"T SEE ANY OTHER GAMES THAT ARE GEARED TO A WIDER AUDIENCE!!). Oh yeah and there was the Kinect, but that was a complete and utter failure.
Seriously, there isn't a list I could write off the top of my head that could name all the Non-FPS, Non-violent games for "Real" people, then that's where us Nintendo fans are blamed for the amount of shovelware that graced the Wii in all it's glory. I see that's going to be the case this next console gen, it'll either happen on the Wii U or most likely on the 3DS.
As you can plainly see, I couldn't give two Fs if Microsoft becomes the big seller the 360 was, it may take a year or two, but it'll overshadow our beloved Wii U unless Nintendo can pull out all the big guns and everything else they haven't shown yet, we all know that Nintendo does its own thing so we know they must have something that'll blow our minds.

One last thing, the Xbox One might be the next big thing for Microsoft fans, but half of the features set to make the console an entertainment system probably won't be available to most people outside the US, I live in New Zealand and already I see stuff like NetFlix, Sports apps and whatever crap they're trying to spin, not working or not being available to us, I've already seen it with Nintendo TVii, so I won't be surprised if half of the stuff will be available over here. FYI we don't have Netflix, Amazon Video, or even high speed broadband, we just got regular broadband....

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Midnight3DS

If there's any confusion, here you go...

"On the new Xbox, all game discs are installed to the HDD to play," a Microsoft representative told Wired today. This has been styled a "pre-owned block", but OXM's Jon Hicks (who's currently in Redmond, checking out the new console) argues otherwise - when you sell the game on Microsoft will deactivate your install, meaning the next purchaser won't have to pay the second-user fee. You won't, however, be able to share a single copy of a game with your friends."

http://www.oxm.co.uk/54430/xbox-one-games-are-locked-to-xbox-...

shingi_70

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

I just saw the Xbox One, man..... Did they just get a brick and paint it black? because that thing don't have no curves. I'm so glad I bought a Wii U, ok the games aren't here yet, but I'll be playing Mario HD soon, also Microsoft doesn't seem to have brought any new IPs to the table, where are they? doesn't make me wanna buy one, that is if I wanted two Xbox's strapped together to count as "One".
A new Halo or Forza doesn't make me want to buy an xbox, but thankfully all the so called 'Bro' gamers will flock to the machine because it wil have the next Halo. I never saw what the appeal of Halo was, to me it's just another FPS with a ton of "lore". I guess Microsoft are only out to make money, it's more of an entertainment centre than anything, not since the 80s have they called a video game system that (ok that's it, i'm calling it the Microsoft Xbox One Home Entertainment System).

You know for the last console generation, the PS3 and 360 have been more or less "FPS machines", a ton of imitators ranging from Call of Duty to Medal of Honor to Battlefield, the list keeps going, I'm sorry but if you don't agree, I can only name a few non-FPS game that graced the 360, Viva Pinata, Skylanders, Lego Batman, Lego Indiana Jones, Lego Harry potter, Lego, Lego, Lego, Lego (oh my gosh I just had a brain fart because I CAN"T SEE ANY OTHER GAMES THAT ARE GEARED TO A WIDER AUDIENCE!!).
Seriously, there isn't a list I could write off the top of my head that could name all the Non-FPS, Non-violent games for "Real" people, then that's where us Nintendo fans are blamed for the amount of shovelware that graced the Wii in all it's glory. I see that's going to be the case this next console gen, it'll either happen on the Wii U or most likely on the 3DS.
As you can plainly see, I couldn't give two Fs if Microsoft becomes the big seller the 360 was, it may take a year or two, but it'll overshadow our beloved Wii U unless Nintendo can pull out all the big guns and everything else they haven't shown yet, we all know that Nintendo does its own thing so we know they must have something that'll blow our minds.

One last thing, the Xbox One might be the next big thing for Microsoft fans, but half of the features set to make the console an entertainment system probably won't be available to most people outside the US, I live in New Zealand and already I see stuff like NetFlix, Sports apps and whatever crap they're trying to spin, not working or not being available to us, I've already seen it with Nintendo TVii, so I won't be surprised if half of the stuff will be available over here. FYI we don't have Netflix, Amazon Video, or even high speed broadband, we just got regular broadband....

Where are all the new Nintendo IPs?

Also Quantum Break was shown and they said 8 new IP in the first year of the system.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

RetroGBHippie92

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

GuardianKing

Ralizah wrote:

Ark_Sin wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

@RR529 I believe so.

Random reminder:
[youtubeBOHqG1nc_tw]

My Neopet.
NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter:

Midnight3DS

Sony and Microsoft beat each other up. It would be interesting to see what would happen in a one on one Nintendo vs PSBox world.

Ralizah

Midnight3DS wrote:

Sony and Microsoft beat each other up. It would be interesting to see what would happen in a one on one Nintendo vs PSBox world.

Considering the lack of third party support for Nintendo's console so far...

LzWinky

Wow, and you guys thought Nintendo's one account system was bad

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

shingi_70

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

shingi_70

LzQuacker wrote:

Wow, and you guys thought Nintendo's one account system was bad

It is. If my wii U were to break i'm screwed unless nintendo does something. With the long I just log in and it tracks everything. Your purchases are tied to your account and not your system. It also sound like retail purchases are counted as microsoft store purchase so when I buy say Quantum break on disc I could download it at any time.

But for those with mutiple gamer households this does suck.

WAT!

Ralizah

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

There are some good original IPs for the 360, but the list of quality exclusives is smaller for Microsoft consoles than for Sony or Nintendo consoles.

XBOX's biggest exclusives are shooters. GOW, Halo, that sort of thing.

Edited on by Ralizah

citizenerased

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

I thought about picking up a 360 for the indie titles, but virtually all of those are available on PC or PS3.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

kkslider5552000

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

factually terrible list, barring indies that Microsoft does not care about anymore

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

TwilightV

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

TwilightV

Ralizah

TwilightV wrote:

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

RR529

citizenerased wrote:

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Ralizah

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Both Europeans and Americans are obsessed with football. Only, the European football is our soccer.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic