Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 161 to 180 of 1,757

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

161. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Both Europeans and Americans are obsessed with football. Only, the European football is our soccer. :P

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Chrono_Cross

162. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

Not all gamers share the same tastes. Hopefully you'll learn this quickly and avoid being ignorant again.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

163. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Edit: And that's only assuming they offer all these games on the new systems.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

164. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Ok I'll give you a hint, Here in New Zealand and Australia, a lot of people are obsessed with Rugby, but compared to America, that is almost nothing because you have over 300 million people, where as there are only 4.4 million in my country. Besides, people here don't use video game consoles to watch sport, we have satellite tv for that.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

165. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Edit: And that's only assuming they offer all these games on the new systems.

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

166. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Edit: And that's only assuming they offer all these games on the new systems.

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

Exactly.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

citizenerased

167. Posted:

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Note that I said "your average sport-obsessed American", not "your average, sport-obsessed American"

The comma mattering quite a bit.

Xbox has always done better in America (PS3 better in Europe) and while in Europe we're obsessed with one sport, you guys are obsessed with three. Sports are a huge part of college and American life as a whole. Certainly more so than in every European country I've been to. You guys make entire TV shows about it.

Edited on by citizenerased

Playing: 999, Xenoblade Chronicles and Super Mario World
Finished: Pikmin, Kirby's Epic Yarn, Super Paper Mario and Uncharted 2

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

168. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

factually terrible list, barring indies that Microsoft does not care about anymore

Why do you say microsoft doesn't care about indies any more. By the marketing term of indie that SOny uses than microsoft still cares about indies. This year

Battleblock Theater
Ascend New gods
Crimsion Dragon
Crash Course 2
Skulls of the shogun
Kinect Party
Adera
Galatic Regin
Gunpowder
Monster Love Candy
State of Decay
Super Tme force
Charlie Murder
Castlestorm

Press Play an indie studio microsoft scooped up last year is ...

[url=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-01-10-new-mic...

Yet all this evidence points to the contrary you keep on with this narrative that just isn't true of microsoft giving up on indie games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

169. Posted:

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

170. Posted:

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

RetroGBHippie92

171. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

That's the same with me, people ask me "oh do you like rugby?" or "mind if we watch rugby?", I am not interested in sports whatsoever, so I always decline.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at scottharding2005@yahoo.com.au] if you want to join my 3DS buddy list :)

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

172. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

Source? Because the closest i've seen to this are articles like this, and they're more speculation than confirmation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013130/ps4-psn-backwards-co...

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

173. Posted:

No Alan Wake sucks big time in my book. Still the series could easily be brought back as an episodic downloadable game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

174. Posted:

TwilightV wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

Source? Because the closest i've seen to this are articles like this, and they're more speculation than confirmation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013130/ps4-psn-backwards-co...

http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-...

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Ralizah

175. Posted:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

That's the same with me, people ask me "oh do you like rugby?" or "mind if we watch rugby?", I am not interested in sports whatsoever, so I always decline.

My favorite instance was when my family and I were attending a new church years ago. Here's how the pastor tried to break the ice with me:

Him: So, bud, what'd you think of the game?

Me: ...the game?

Him: Yeah, the game. Slaps my back and proceeds to name drop some players whose performances he was apparently happy with

Me: Oh, uh, yes, quite.

Him: ...so, what's your favorite team?

Me: ...the Red Sox?

An awkward silence, and then he pretends like it never happened

True story. Also, took me years before I realized the Superbowl wasn't a bowling event.

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage
Avatar

TwilightV

176. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

Source? Because the closest i've seen to this are articles like this, and they're more speculation than confirmation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013130/ps4-psn-backwards-co...

http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-...

Ah, okay. Well, that could really shoot them in the foot.

TwilightV

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

177. Posted:

You know the big game.

Untitled
Untitled

Racing gams make for the best gifs. Can't wait to see the Mario Kart gif's next month.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

Midnight3DS

178. Posted:

@ twilightv

Now that it's out there, they damn well better.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage
Avatar

WaveWarlock

179. Posted:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.
Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American..

THIS, plus a small dose of horror...aka > Resident Evil(If it gets a Reboot and goes back to it's roots.) and Silent Hill(If Team Silent gets their sh** together and makes a new one instead of this western horse sh**)

As for the XBOX One, not interested in the slightest. Hell, The controller design is even more unoriginal & underwhelming
that the PS4's. Seriously, what happened to the days where companies made fun, Striking and unique console/controller designs
that completely stood out from the pack? Video games are toys, not ferrari's. Nowadays, Everything is either black or White. good grief.

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

180. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.
Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American..

THIS, plus a small dose of horror...aka > Resident Evil(If it gets a Reboot and goes back to it's roots.) and Silent Hill(If Team Silent gets their sh** together and makes a new one instead of this western horse sh**)

As for the XBOX One, not interested in the slightest. Hell, The controller design is even more unoriginal & underwhelming
that the PS4's. Seriously, what happened to the days where companies made fun, Striking and unique console/controller designs
that completely stood out from the pack? Video games are toys, not ferrari's. Nowadays, Everything is either black or White. good grief.

Because modern day video game consoles are much less toys and more Entertainment consoles for better or worse.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70