Forums

Topic: The everything Xbox thread

Posts 161 to 180 of 11,914

Chrono_Cross

citizenerased wrote:

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American.

Not all gamers share the same tastes. Hopefully you'll learn this quickly and avoid being ignorant again.

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

TwilightV

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

And Cloud storage kills yet another system for me.

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Edit: And that's only assuming they offer all these games on the new systems.

Edited on by TwilightV

TwilightV

RetroGBHippie92

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Blabla, realism this, realism that.

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Ok I'll give you a hint, Here in New Zealand and Australia, a lot of people are obsessed with Rugby, but compared to America, that is almost nothing because you have over 300 million people, where as there are only 4.4 million in my country. Besides, people here don't use video game consoles to watch sport, we have satellite tv for that.

Edited on by RetroGBHippie92

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

Ralizah

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Good lord, THAT'S your tipping point? Whats wrong with Cloud Storage, if I might ask?

Well, apparently because of the switch, PSN and supposedly XBLA games won't be transferred, meaning you'll have to rebuy each and every one at full price or keep your old console around. I don't like the idea of either.

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

TwilightV

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Ah, so you're not opposed to Cloud Storage, you're just annoyed by the thought of losing access to the games you paid good money for.

Exactly.

TwilightV

citizenerased

RR529 wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

I'd like absolutely 0% realism in my video games, thank you very much. I want fantastical, unrestrained worlds.

So, how are Americans any more "sport obsessed" than any other people?

Note that I said "your average sport-obsessed American", not "your average, sport-obsessed American"

The comma mattering quite a bit.

Xbox has always done better in America (PS3 better in Europe) and while in Europe we're obsessed with one sport, you guys are obsessed with three. Sports are a huge part of college and American life as a whole. Certainly more so than in every European country I've been to. You guys make entire TV shows about it.

Edited on by citizenerased

Mario Maker 2 level ID: L93-LYQ-YJF

shingi_70

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

@Sony_70 They say that, but I don't see anything out on the table at the moment, you'll just have to wait and see if they're anything better than Halo, COD and Gears of War. There I named IPs that appear on a microsoft home console, they're either FPS' or TPS'.....

I could also point too Banjo Kazooie, Geomtry Wars, Minecraft, Alan Wake, Crash course, dust an elysian tale, Raskuls, Crimson Dragon, Battleblock theater, Fable, But than that wouldn't support your narrative.

factually terrible list, barring indies that Microsoft does not care about anymore

Why do you say microsoft doesn't care about indies any more. By the marketing term of indie that SOny uses than microsoft still cares about indies. This year

Battleblock Theater
Ascend New gods
Crimsion Dragon
Crash Course 2
Skulls of the shogun
Kinect Party
Adera
Galatic Regin
Gunpowder
Monster Love Candy
State of Decay
Super Tme force
Charlie Murder
Castlestorm

Press Play an indie studio microsoft scooped up last year is ...

[url=http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-01-10-new-mic...

Yet all this evidence points to the contrary you keep on with this narrative that just isn't true of microsoft giving up on indie games.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

Ralizah

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

Edited on by Ralizah

Midnight3DS

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

RetroGBHippie92

Ralizah wrote:

I can attest that it is a bit awkward sometimes being a 20-something American male with no interest whatsoever in sports. People always assume I'm interested in football and ask me questions about it. -_-

That's the same with me, people ask me "oh do you like rugby?" or "mind if we watch rugby?", I am not interested in sports whatsoever, so I always decline.

My Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB
Currently Playing: Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Gates To Infinity (3DS) The Denpa Men 2: Beyond The Waves (eShop)
My Backloggery
3DS FC: 2320 6151 3634
Email me at [email protected]...

3DS Friend Code: 2320-6151-3634 | Nintendo Network ID: NinLiferOMB

shingi_70

No Alan Wake sucks big time in my book. Still the series could easily be brought back as an episodic downloadable game.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

Midnight3DS

TwilightV wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ twilightv

It's been confirmed that Sony has the ability to honor PSN purchases through cloud. What they end up doing, don't know.

Source? Because the closest i've seen to this are articles like this, and they're more speculation than confirmation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013130/ps4-psn-backwards-co...

http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-...

Ralizah

RetroGBHippie92 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

That's the same with me, people ask me "oh do you like rugby?" or "mind if we watch rugby?", I am not interested in sports whatsoever, so I always decline.

My favorite instance was when my family and I were attending a new church years ago. Here's how the pastor tried to break the ice with me:

Him: So, bud, what'd you think of the game?

Me: ...the game?

Him: Yeah, the game. Slaps my back and proceeds to name drop some players whose performances he was apparently happy with

Me: Oh, uh, yes, quite.

Him: ...so, what's your favorite team?

Me: ...the Red Sox?

An awkward silence, and then he pretends like it never happened

True story. Also, took me years before I realized the Superbowl wasn't a bowling event.

Edited on by Ralizah

TwilightV

Midnight3DS wrote:

TwilightV wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

@ twilightv

Source? Because the closest i've seen to this are articles like this, and they're more speculation than confirmation.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/2/21/4013130/ps4-psn-backwards-co...

http://www.destructoid.com/psn-purchases-will-not-carry-over-...

Ah, okay. Well, that could really shoot them in the foot.

TwilightV

shingi_70

You know the big game.

Untitled
Untitled

Racing gams make for the best gifs. Can't wait to see the Mario Kart gif's next month.

WAT!

Midnight3DS

@ twilightv

Now that it's out there, they damn well better.

Edited on by Midnight3DS

shingi_70

WaveBoy wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American..

THIS, plus a small dose of horror...aka > Resident Evil(If it gets a Reboot and goes back to it's roots.) and Silent Hill(If Team Silent gets their sh** together and makes a new one instead of this western horse sh**)

As for the XBOX One, not interested in the slightest. Hell, The controller design is even more unoriginal & underwhelming
that the PS4's. Seriously, what happened to the days where companies made fun, Striking and unique console/controller designs
that completely stood out from the pack? Video games are toys, not ferrari's. Nowadays, Everything is either black or White. good grief.

Because modern day video game consoles are much less toys and more Entertainment consoles for better or worse.

WAT!

Jaz007

WaveBoy wrote:

citizenerased wrote:

Clearly a console for frat boys and your average sport-obsessed American..

THIS, plus a small dose of horror...aka > Resident Evil(If it gets a Reboot and goes back to it's roots.) and Silent Hill(If Team Silent gets their sh** together and makes a new one instead of this western horse sh**)

As for the XBOX One, not interested in the slightest. Hell, The controller design is even more unoriginal & underwhelming
that the PS4's. Seriously, what happened to the days where companies made fun, Striking and unique console/controller designs
that completely stood out from the pack? Video games are toys, not ferrari's. Nowadays, Everything is either black or White. good grief.

They are pretty expensive toys so people expect them to look fancy like they would expect a expensive car (like a Ferrari) to look fancy.

Jaz007

Peach64

Can I just stick up for FIFA? It's a really good game. I love games such as Ico, Katamari Damacy, Okami, Portal and Journey. One of my proudest 'I know good games' moments was pre-ordering Ouendan from Japan, before the hype train got rolling on that one. I love Animal Crossing and played far too many hours of Nintendogs.

I probably play more FIFA than any other game though (mainly because I stick to single player games, so they eventually get completed while FIFA keeps going on all year). It used to be awful. I remember me and my PES loving friends would laugh at how bad it was when playing demo units in stores, but it still sold really, really well. EA didn't need to change anything, but they weren't happy that PES was considered the critics favourite. They made a real effort to make their game the best, and Edge, a magazine that traditionally does not even review sports games, even felt their hard work was worth a big write up and having them on the cover a few years back. Since 2008, it's been a really good game, and they keep on improving it. It consistently gets high scores from pretty reputable reviewers such as Eurogamer for a reason. I can't speak for EA's other sports games as I don't play them, but FIFA is definitely not just the same game every year with a roster update.

Peach64

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic