Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Xbox One/Xbox 360 Thread

Showing 121 to 140 of 1,734

AuthorMessage

Happy_Mask

121. Posted:

Heh. It looks like a genesis with kinect on it. Also, people mocked the WiiU's name choice. Ha.

[16:08] LordJumpMad Hides his gut with a griddle
[16:08] Reala: what ljm does for cash is ljm's business
[16:08] LordJumpMad: Gotta look good my my next game u_u

AuthorMessage

Peach64

122. Posted:

To be fair, there's a solid reasoning behind the one name. Nobody gets what the U is meant to represent.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

Wonder_Ideal

123. Posted:

@Peach64 - Why is it called "ONE?" I didn't get to catch all of the presentation, so I'm unsure why that chose that name.

Mesaloggery
The Hero of Ideals: A Legend, by True_Hero
I believe that once one has spotted a UFO it becomes an IFO(Identified Flying Object) as you have identified it then as being unidentified. -@3Dash

3DS Friend Code: 2105-8724-1357 | Nintendo Network ID: Ideal_Hero

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

124. Posted:

Wii-U is still the weirdest. Does the U stand for universe?

3DS Friend Code: 5129-0855-7142 ID = Midnight

AC:NL Mayor Jambo, town of Hamneggs

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

125. Posted:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

@Peach64 - Why is it called "ONE?" I didn't get to catch all of the presentation, so I'm unsure why that chose that name.

Because when you see ONE you turn 360 degrees and walk away.

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

6ch6ris6

126. Posted:

i dont get the critic for the name,
the only thing where people dont hate is when consoles are named after numbers, which i think is lame.

xbox one is cool. not great. just cool. infinity would have been a little bit more interesting but "one" is okay.

i think sega still had the coolest console names. creamcast is my favourite though i never even played that thing :/

Edited on by 6ch6ris6

3DS code: 4768 - 7434 - 1139 <<>> Miiverse ID: A-C-A-B
Visit Pinewood in Animal Crossing: 7700 - 3096 - 0394 <<>> Nintendo Pocket Football Club: FC Krawall

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

127. Posted:

It makes you pay to play a game on more than one system?!

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

Oh god, this thing is going to suck so much!

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

WaLzgi

128. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

It's supposed to signify that it's for "You" (U)

Anywho...this was very underwhelming and seems to focus too much on the multimedia aspect.

Nintendo Life moderator and duck.

My BUY_A_WII_U_loggery

3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

AuthorMessage

Peach64

129. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

Have a think about that statement ;)

The idea is that it's an all in one system, and while I don't think it's bad written down, every time I someone said it out loud in the presentation I found myself laughing. I know the original Xbox was not called Xbox 1, but people call it that often.

Peach64

AuthorMessage

CapnPancakes

130. Posted:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Off topic but whatever.
I believe the U is supposed to stand for YOU as in the player. If I remember correctly, it was because Nintendo wanted it to represent their focus on the hardcore gamers rather than the "casual" Wii (or We).

Runs the NintendoLife Best VGM Tourney Come Vote!
The Pancakeloggery
Keep it frosty people.
My Super Mario Galaxy Bio courtesy of Dark-Luigi.

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

AuthorMessage

kkslider5552000

131. Posted:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

...so you walk backwards?

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

I have a Let's Play channel? How?!

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

132. Posted:

6ch6ris6 wrote:

i dont get the critic for the name,
the only thing where people dont hate is when consoles are named after numbers, which i think is lame.

xbox one is cool. not great. just cool. infinity would have been a little bit more interesting but "one" is okay.

i think sega still had the coolest console names. creamcast is my favourite though i never even played that thing :/

I think it would've sold better if it was called the Creamcast. ;)

Edited on by GuardianKing

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Video Game I made: Chosen Words
Melody Astra Avatar
Former Morpheus Avatar courtesy of Gummio. :3
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

Phatosaurus

133. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Phatosaurus wrote:

Ideal_Hero wrote:

...so you walk backwards?

Untitled

3DS: 3840-6043-8686
WiiU: Phatosaurus

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

134. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

This is some of the best advertising Sony has ever gotten, and it's free! They hardly even showed any games or gameplay features at the reveal!

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Really, I still think Xbox One looks better.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.
We still don't know enough information...

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

135. Posted:

LzQuacker wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

It's supposed to signify that it's for "You" (U)

Anywho...this was very underwhelming and seems to focus too much on the multimedia aspect.

Ok... I was thinking along the lines of miiverse. Some grand universe concept.

AuthorMessage

Midnight3DS

136. Posted:

CapnPancakes wrote:

Midnight3DS wrote:

Off topic but whatever.
I believe the U is supposed to stand for YOU as in the player. If I remember correctly, it was because Nintendo wanted it to represent their focus on the hardcore gamers rather than the "casual" Wii (or We).

Oh really. Wii-U got nitpicked for it's name. You don't care it was off topic.

AuthorMessage

Ralizah

137. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

...Xbox is way better, IMO. They hardly showed anything, which Nintendo and Sony are both doing. There just aren't things to show, or there's too much to show all at once.
Discs on only one console is how it is for me already anyway, and they only stated games would have to be payed to be installed onto the console, not reading it straight off the disc.

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing them.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Edited on by Ralizah

Friend Code: 3351-4294-3552
NNID: Michael418
PSN: Ralizah

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

138. Posted:

@Midnight3DS Careful of your double-post earlier.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar
"I am the wise wolf. Which is exactly why I am aware that there are some thing even I don't know." ~ Holo, Spice & Wolf

3DS Friend Code: 5258-0260-8594 | Nintendo Network ID: GuardianKing | Twitter: BeastlyDigital

AuthorMessage

RR529

139. Posted:

Since you have to pay a fee to install a disc onto a system beyond it's original, does that mean that anyone who buys a used game, will have to pay the fee?

(not big into buying used myself, but just curious)

Currently Playing:

InFamous (PS3)
Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Tank Hero (AND)

AuthorMessage

GuardianKing

140. Posted:

Ralizah wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

I think you're misunderstanding this situation, based off the available information. Installing the games is supposedly mandatory before playing it.

And to quote from computerandvideogames.com: "Individual games will be tied to Xbox Live accounts, Microsoft said, meaning that the software giant can detect whether a game has been sold to a retailer and repurchased, or handed from one friend to another. In such instances, the second user must pay a fee."

So, if I want to let a friend play a game I own, they have to pay a fee! If we have two XBOX ONEs in the house and my nephew wants to play one of my games on the living room console, he has to pay a fee! And, unless I'm not understanding this part right, the game, in this case, will uninstall from my machine!

Well... Guess who's not getting my money :P

@RR529 I believe so.

NL RPG Season 2
DA Profile
StarShip Crusader Tumblr
Fantasy Loggery
Melody Astra Avatar