Forums

Topic: XBox 360 $100 Price Cut

Posts 41 to 54 of 54

Corbs

I finally solved the fighting game/shmup problem and invested in a top-shelf stick for my Xbox 360.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

Slapshot

Nintendo has the best D-Pad hands down..... EVER!

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Corbs

Have you ever tried the Japanese or second release US Saturn pads? But while I love the Saturn d-pads for shmups, I have to agree, Nintendo makes the best overall d-pad out there.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

Gabbo

CB, reports of Xbox 360 fail rates are greatly exaggerated. And anyway, that's what manufacturers warrantys are for. Why worry about it when it's Microsoft that has to pay to fix/replace it? They guarantee you three years of carefree gaming and by then the zombie apocalypse will have happened and there will be plenty of extra systems laying around for you to use if yours breaks down.

I've had mine for about a year and half and it's still going strong.

Gabbo

Philip_J_Reed

Gabbo wrote:

Why worry about it when it's Microsoft that has to pay to fix/replace it? They guarantee you three years of carefree gaming and by then the zombie apocalypse will have happened and there will be plenty of extra systems laying around for you to use if yours breaks down.

You know, oddly enough, the nearness of the zombocalypse didn't even occur to me. Egg and my face are totally in alignment!

Actually, I had more or less decided to pick up an XBox this weekend in honor of its low price, along with a copy of Fallout 3, and maybe Left 4 Dead or Bioshock or something else I've been dying to play for more than 5 minutes at someone else's house.

...then I remembered I've got MPT and Little King's Story (and a job, and school, and a social life...) and so I might delay the purchase a bit. We'll see. The allure of Fallout is a bit difficult to resist now that the console is so cheap, but I'm afraid that I'll buy it and then need to take a full week off of work before I can stop playing.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Adam

Just get Fallout on PC if yours can run it. It's the best version, anyway.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

It can't run it, sadly. Which I learned the hard way. I bought it through Steam, and I could launch it, but it would always crash within about 30 seconds of the game starting (post-menu) no matter what. I tried everything I could find to get it to run, but it wouldn't. Something to do with my crappy-crap graphics card.

Shockingly, Steam agreed to refund my money. That really made me respect them a good deal. Most stores don't even take back open games for credit. Steam gave me a full refund, even though they knew I had already installed it. Very nice of them. I even sent an email of gratitude, which I don't often have cause to do.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Slapshot

Fallout 3 is an amazing game I sank about 120 hrs into and Platinum Tropied on PS3, you should also pick up Arkham Asylum on your new 360 Brutus.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

Adam

Make sure to gots Aegis Wing. It's free and awesome if you have a friend who likes shoot em ups to play with you.

Come on, friends,
To the bear arcades again.

Philip_J_Reed

Gamer Tag is "Chicken Brutus" if anyone wants to add me. I has no friends yet.

Philip_J_Reed

Twitter:

Knux

Fallout 3 is an amzing game. I play it...on my PS3.

Knux

Dezner

Chicken+Brutus wrote:

Gamer Tag is "Chicken Brutus" if anyone wants to add me. I has no friends yet.

You are my FRIEND! Whoa-ohhh!

Wii: 6882-4334-4721-0727 --- PSN: OrangeGouf --- XBL: Orange Gouf

Uguu!

Twitter:

Gabbo

@CB
Yes, well, Steam can afford to be nice since they have the ability to disable your access to the game even after you've already downloaded it!

Gabbo

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.