Forums

Topic: XBox 360 $100 Price Cut

Posts 21 to 40 of 54

Vendetta

I just don't see it, Corbie. No included WiFi, no motion control in the near-term, no Blu-ray, pay-to-play online service... not saying it's a bad system, but I wouldn't call it well-rounded either.

Vendetta

Corbs

The selection of games and quality are second to none. The online service is the best online gaming service on the planet, pay or not, and the Xbox Live Arcade has some absolutely amazing title, both old and new. To me, no other console is close. But keep in mind, this is just my own personal opinion.

Edited on by Corbs

Plain old gamer :)

Luigi-la-bouncy

What happens when it breaks down? (As 50% of them do)

It's not very useful then is it?

Edited on by Luigi-la-bouncy

Luigi-la-bouncy

Corbs

These new chipsets are supposed to be much more reliable. Both my Japanese and US models have been going strong for a long time now. And if it breaks down, send it in and get it fixed for free.

Vendetta

And keep in mind also that I don't have one, and have only spent about 30 minutes in my whole life playing one. So my opinion is based purely on what I read here and elsewhere. But I still think the hardware features are important to consider in well-roundedness.

Vendetta

Luigi-la-bouncy

You said you hardly ever played your next gen consoles. That's probably why they're still working.

Edited on by Luigi-la-bouncy

Luigi-la-bouncy

Corbs

My wife is on the Xbox 360 almost nightly. It gets far more work than my 16-bit rig since I just don't have a lot of time to play.

Supermarioman

Corbie wrote:

The selection of games and quality are second to none. The online service is the best online gaming service on the planet, pay or not, and the Xbox Live Arcade has some absolutely amazing title, both old and new. To me, no other console is close. But keep in mind, this is just my own personal opinion.

You realize that not everyone is as rich as you Corbie I wouldn't actually mind the 360 if they didn't have 3 things that i hate about it!:
1. RROD (It's still going strong!)
2. Pay to Play Online: I'm already paying $50 for something like Gears of War and I just want to download other games, but why must I pay $50 to have the rights to do so!
3. No Wireless, come on, if your gonna make us pay for the Internet, at least give us wireless!
(I Know I said 3, but I have a personal one I will metion!)
4. Everything that isn't on Xbox Live is almost all shooting or at least the good ones! The only game I like for the system would be Fable II, but I'm not allowed to play M-Games so that wipes out almost all the good games. Plus Microsoft is just sending us the same game with every installment it feels like with the exception of Halo 3: ODST and Halo Wars. But I don't want to start the war with me, so I'll gladly shut up now!

Supermarioman

Supermarioman

Corbie wrote:

My wife is on the Xbox 360 almost nightly. It gets far more work than my 16-bit rig since I just don't have a lot of time to play.

If your wife dosen't like all of your consoles like you said before than why does she like the 360?

Supermarioman

Luigi-la-bouncy

I don't know how any games selection can be second to none when they don't have nintendo games. Mario, Zelda and Metroid are second to none.

Luigi-la-bouncy

Corbs

My wife used to be big on the PS2. She loved it. She's a big Sly Cooper and Crash Bandicoot fan. But over the past year, she spends most of her playing time on the 360. She loves RooGoo, Ms. Pac Man, Banjo Kazooie, and N+. She's been at Banjo Kazooie for almost a week. Trust me, I'm trying to work in here while listening to it on the surround system.

And I was only kidding about my wife not liking all my consoles. She's actually very understanding about my game collection. Much more so than many wives would be.

Edited on by Corbs

Vendetta

In Corbie's defense (not that you need it, Corbie - I'm just sayin'), there's a difference between "my wife doesn't like all my consoles" and "my wife doesn't like each of my consoles."

And maybe she likes it 'cause it's the most well-rounded.

Vendetta

Corbs

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind, I'm just tossing my opinion out there. Buy what you want, as I always say. My wife is not a big gamer, but she does like the play certain games, most just happen to be available on the Xbox 360 for some reason.

Supermarioman

Oh bloody hell, I can't resist the console war

Before I start I respect your opinion Corbie, I have played Fable 2, Halo 3, and Shadow Complex and loved them at a friends house. BUT!

I belive that PS3 is better value wise becuase of:
1.Same Harddrive Space
2.Blue-Ray is Included!
3.Free Internet with Web Browser and Built in Wireless.
4.More Robust Multi-Media Settings.
5.Almost as good online play!
6.No Friend Codes (Oh Wait That's Nintendo, but who cares!)
7.Much Better D-Pad!
Also as a person who can't play M Games there much more choice for me than say the 360, like:
Little Big Planet
InFamous
Gran Turismo 5 (Main Version and Prologue!)
Street Fighter IV (Because of Pure Hatred for 360's D-Pad!)
Valkyria Chronicles
Tales of Vesperia (The PS3 version will crush the 360!)
Final Fantasy Versus: XIII
and about 20 other titles!

Supermarioman

Luigi-la-bouncy

Well my girlfriend likes the Wii because of it's intuitive controls. Anyone can play the Wii cos it's inclusive of everyone rather than exclusive to gamers.

Luigi-la-bouncy

Supermarioman

Corbie wrote:

My wife used to be big on the PS2. She loved it. She's a big Sly Cooper and Crash Bandicoot fan. But over the past year, she spends most of her playing time on the 360. She loves RooGoo, Ms. Pac Man, Banjo Kazooie, and N+. She's been at Banjo Kazooie for almost a week. Trust me, I'm trying to work in here while listening to it on the surround system.

And I was only kidding about my wife not liking all my consoles. She's actually very understanding about my game collection. Much more so than many wives would be.

OK, but only two are exclusive to 360, Banjo, the main reason I would like to get a 360!

Supermarioman

Corbs

I love the PS3. I do. But if I had to get rid of either the PS3 or the Xbox 360, I wouldn't have to think about it one bit. I'd keep the 360 in a second. But as I said, that's just me personally. To each his own.

But as bad as the d-pad is on the Xbox 360 controller, the Playstation d-pad has always been one of the worst d-pads I've ever used. It's the only thing I don't like about my PSP. I hate that d-pad.

And as for Tales of Vesperia, I hope Namco puts more time into the PS3 version unlike Eternal Sonata for PS3 which wasn't nearly the step up in quality I was hoping for.

Edited on by Corbs

Supermarioman

Corbie: why is the D-Pad that bad, at least it works more than half the time, so why do you say this, just woundering?

Edited on by Supermarioman

Supermarioman

Corbs

I have hated the Playstation d-pad since the original Playstation. In fact, most of my fellow fighting game fans that I speak to around the net hate it as well. In fact, I thought most people hated it. It's too hard to roll around it when pulling off special moves. The Xbox 360 d-pad is too soft and not in a good place to reach it. Nintendo and Sega are two of the few companies that know how to make a d-pad. Always have. But the best d-pad ever made is the one on the second model Sega Saturn pads, although the Genesis 6-button d-pad is close behind it.

Edited on by Corbs

odd69

I've become accustomed with the ps3 remote. i never had a problem with it. But i think I'll have to agree with Corbie, Nintendo does make the best d-pad, didn't they pave the road for the common d-pad anyway?

my wii number: 8754-9981-5119-6538
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles number: 1290-4359-9435
PlayStationNetworkID: odd69

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.