Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 221 to 240 of 16,083

Bankai

Sorry for the triple post, but I noticed in this thread there were people gloating over an immediate drop in share price for Sony following the show.

I just wanted to point out that 1) an immediate reaction doesn't mean anything in the stock market - share value ALWAYS goes down immediately after a major product announcement, and 2) Sony's share price actually went up in the hours since: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MED8i/www.gamesindustry.biz/ar...

Edited on by Bankai

SCRAPPER392

Bankai wrote:

Sorry for the triple post, but I noticed in this thread there were people gloating over an immediate drop in share price for Sony following the show.

I just wanted to point out that 1) an immediate reaction doesn't mean anything in the stock market - share value ALWAYS goes down immediately after a major product announcement, and 2) Sony's share price actually went up: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MED8i/www.gamesindustry.biz/ar...

Well duh their share pice went up. The PS4 has a share button.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Bankai

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Uh... Just because people think this console looks like a Wii U and Xbox combined clone on drugs, doesn't make them fanboys. If you guys like it that's fine, but don't call people who don't, fanboys.

Here's an idea. If you stop acting like a fork, people will stop calling you a fork.

Being called a fork is different than a fanboy, though. Besides, PS4 is a spork when I need a FULL fork. I'm guessing Xbox will be a spoon. I'd rather go with Microsoft over PS now.

Ok, I thought I wasn't even being subtle with my comment, but since you misread it completely:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

Edited on by Bankai

SteveRod1992

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Here's what the controller looks like, the analong sticks are to close together, my thumbs will somehow cut themselves if I used that controller, but what is that in the middle, a touch screen, and what are those buttons in the front?

The left one is Share, and the right one is Option.

That Share button is going to get a lot of use from me

I have a noob question, are we able to save share videos into the PS4 harddrive?

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

Bankai

SteveRod1992 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Here's what the controller looks like, the analong sticks are to close together, my thumbs will somehow cut themselves if I used that controller, but what is that in the middle, a touch screen, and what are those buttons in the front?

I have a noob question, are we able to save share videos into the PS4 harddrive?

I don't think Sony clarified that.

I wonder if we can upload directly to YouTube? It would be easy to grab from there then.

SteveRod1992

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

I don't think Sony clarified that.

I wonder if we can upload directly to YouTube? It would be easy to grab from there then.

I'm a big fan of fighting games, and sharing videos can really benefit with fighting games! Like looking back at recorded online matches! Hopefully YouTube sharing would be a big plus also!

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

SCRAPPER392

Ya you can share. Trust me.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

Bankai

WaveBoy wrote:

The Dual shock has now inherited the Dreamcas's VMU screen. Really though, i think the controller would look a lot better if they ditched the rubbery' looking grey mid section and just changed it to black. As is, it looks like a junky proto type.

But anyways, rumors were false. The PS3 isn't a small jump in graphics, it's huge....That old man demonstration made my jaw drop. Wasn't quite expecting that! But in the end, it's all about the games and so far based on what has been announced none of them interest me. At this point I'm just interested in what Capcom is working on > Resident Evil Reboot, Street Figther V, Mega man ect.

Capcom showed off the most impressive game of the show../

RR529

I caught a few of the game trailers on YouTube.

Killzone - This is the first thing I saw. The first thing I watched, and the graphics were absolutely breathtaking. I'm not a connoisseur of FPSers though, so I don't know if the actual gameplay features are revolutionary or not (I'll give the player credit, though, with how detailed and animated the environment was, I couldn't see where to shoot half the time, but they were doing just great).

That racing game (can't remember the name) - And just like that, Killzone's graphics have been upstaged. I'm personally not that big into realistic racers, but I'm sure for those who are it's cool that you'll be able to join clubs from around the world, and compete in tournaments with up to 1,000 others (that's probably the most impressive thing, IMO).

Watch_Dogs - I'm not all that into GTA styled open world games (I prefer super powered ones, like InFamous or Prototype), but I'm sure this looks great for those who are.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Eel

Wouldn't the touch panel make more sense on the back of the controller? Unless there's one on the back too, I don't know, I didn't even knew it got announced today (just like I just heard that all final fantasies were 50% off for two weeks D: I just lost another opportunity to finally play FFV).

I mean, there it would be easier to reach at any time and it would be like the PS Vita's.
Unless they plan to use it like a plain computer-like touchpad for non gaming things.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Bankai

WaveBoy wrote:

Bankai wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

The Dual shock has now inherited the Dreamcas's VMU screen. Really though, i think the controller would look a lot better if they ditched the rubbery' looking grey mid section and just changed it to black. As is, it looks like a junky proto type.

But anyways, rumors were false. The PS3 isn't a small jump in graphics, it's huge....That old man demonstration made my jaw drop. Wasn't quite expecting that! But in the end, it's all about the games and so far based on what has been announced none of them interest me. At this point I'm just interested in what Capcom is working on > Resident Evil Reboot, Street Figther V, Mega man ect.

Capcom showed off the most impressive game of the show../

Was the footage for 'Deep down' actually real time, or partially prerendered? It also doesn't exactly show how the game plays either. Color me interested if Move is supported for 1:1 sword combat, while being able to use your shield with the Nunchuck-like controller. Because honestly, at this point I'm not looking for another traditionally controlled 3rd person 'PS3' experience even IF the in-game visuals are mindblowing. With visuals so realistic, you'd think developers by this point would match that realism for certain genre's to some degree by making the controls more realistic. At least having that option be it an alternative control scheme would be great for those that want it.

You do realise that you are in such a minority to say that you would insist on Move controls for this game, right?

I think Capcom is wise to instead focus on the social innovations of the game, which were hinted at in the demo.

19Robb92

Pretty disappointing showing. I was definitely expecting to see the PS4 considering the hype Sony was pumping. And all we got was a Nintendo Direct with Sony..

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

19Robb92

Bankai wrote:

But of course if it was a Nintendo Direct it would be OMFG AWESOME, right?

Not if they hyped it up as much as Sony did here. The Nintendo Direct's come out of nowhere with no expectations.

This was hyped up by every news outlet in gaming for about a week, and all we got was a "Sony Direct". That's what I find disappointing.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Bankai

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

But of course if it was a Nintendo Direct it would be OMFG AWESOME, right?

Not if they hyped it up as much as Sony did here. The Nintendo Direct's come out of nowhere with no expectations.

This was hyped up by every news outlet in gaming for about a week, and all we got was a "Sony Direct". That's what I find disappointing.

Sony unveiled a new console, a host of innovations in that console, stuff that no other console is capable of because of those Cloud features, and a bunch of games.

What, exactly, else could Sony do?

19Robb92

Bankai wrote:

Sony unveiled a new console

When? I never saw a console??

Bankai

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm in an extreme minority wishing for move controls as an alternate control scheme when it comes to the 'Playstation/Sony' crowd. They swear by their trusty twin stick dual shock controller. But teally, I find that when you've tasted next gen controls be it Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Elebits, Resident evil 4: Wii Edition ect ect, and NOT on these laggy HDTV's(even though 1 frame capable sets still perform wonderfully) that it's near bloody impossible to go to back to traditionall controls for many types of genres, mainly being 1st and 3rd person. I know you don't agree, but the Nintendo crowd at least on this site seem to be 50/50 with it.

I'm not really going to debate about that - but yourself proved my point - the people likely to buy PS4s and thus this game - really couldn't care less about waving their arms around like dopes and pretending that it offers something other than a different way to press a button

Edited on by Bankai

Chrono_Cross

Bankai wrote:

What, exactly, else could Sony do?

Given me my ****ing money!

Just for you.
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

19Robb92

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Still wondering about this, did we get to see the system? Cause if so I NEED a link. I'm really curious??

Bankai

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Oh you're right. That two hour presentation wasn't about a new console or anything. Because they didn't stick a picture of the actual console in there.

Never mind that they talked about the console for 2 hours. Shown footage of games running on it. Explained all its major features. Provided an approximate release date. Until there's that picture, the console just doesn't exist.

:-/ honestly. I hope you're just joking (and apologies if you are, but your comment seemed serious).

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic