Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 221 to 240 of 1,471

AuthorMessage

Bankai

221. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Uh... Just because people think this console looks like a Wii U and Xbox combined clone on drugs, doesn't make them fanboys. If you guys like it that's fine, but don't call people who don't, fanboys.

Here's an idea. If you stop acting like a fork, people will stop calling you a fork.

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

Bankai

222. Posted:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Here's what the controller looks like, the analong sticks are to close together, my thumbs will somehow cut themselves if I used that controller, but what is that in the middle, a touch screen, and what are those buttons in the front?

The left one is Share, and the right one is Option.

That Share button is going to get a lot of use from me :D

AuthorMessage

Zodiak13

223. Posted:

I will get the PS4 when I get all Sony systems, right before the next gen is announced. Always have hated that controller.

Edited on by Zodiak13

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

224. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Uh... Just because people think this console looks like a Wii U and Xbox combined clone on drugs, doesn't make them fanboys. If you guys like it that's fine, but don't call people who don't, fanboys.

Here's an idea. If you stop acting like a fork, people will stop calling you a fork.

Being called a fork is different than a fanboy, though. Besides, PS4 is a spork when I need a FULL fork. I'm guessing Xbox will be a spoon. I'd rather go with Microsoft over PS now.

Edited on by SCAR392

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Zodiak13

225. Posted:

I just got a PS3 2 weeks ago, but at least it was free. Found 3 good games for it Ni No Kuni and dark/demon souls.

Gotta catch them... eh, nevermind.

AuthorMessage

Gamesake

226. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Well done. You guys have managed to watch a two hour show and somehow miss every single second of it. Breathtaking.

I tried to stay awake for most of it.

SteveRod1992 wrote:

You have to give Sony credit today

For persistence?

...in my pants.

AuthorMessage

Bankai

227. Posted:

Sorry for the triple post, but I noticed in this thread there were people gloating over an immediate drop in share price for Sony following the show.

I just wanted to point out that 1) an immediate reaction doesn't mean anything in the stock market - share value ALWAYS goes down immediately after a major product announcement, and 2) Sony's share price actually went up in the hours since: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MED8i/www.gamesindustry.biz/ar...

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

228. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Sorry for the triple post, but I noticed in this thread there were people gloating over an immediate drop in share price for Sony following the show.

I just wanted to point out that 1) an immediate reaction doesn't mean anything in the stock market - share value ALWAYS goes down immediately after a major product announcement, and 2) Sony's share price actually went up: http://www.stumbleupon.com/su/2MED8i/www.gamesindustry.biz/ar...

Well duh their share pice went up. The PS4 has a share button.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

Bankai

229. Posted:

SCAR392 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SCAR392 wrote:

Being called a fork is different than a fanboy, though. Besides, PS4 is a spork when I need a FULL fork. I'm guessing Xbox will be a spoon. I'd rather go with Microsoft over PS now.

Ok, I thought I wasn't even being subtle with my comment, but since you misread it completely:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

SteveRod1992

230. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

Here's what the controller looks like, the analong sticks are to close together, my thumbs will somehow cut themselves if I used that controller, but what is that in the middle, a touch screen, and what are those buttons in the front?

I have a noob question, are we able to save share videos into the PS4 harddrive?

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

AuthorMessage

Bankai

231. Posted:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

I have a noob question, are we able to save share videos into the PS4 harddrive?

I don't think Sony clarified that.

I wonder if we can upload directly to YouTube? It would be easy to grab from there then.

AuthorMessage

SteveRod1992

232. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

SteveRod1992 wrote:

SheldonRandoms wrote:

Untitled

I don't think Sony clarified that.

I wonder if we can upload directly to YouTube? It would be easy to grab from there then.

I'm a big fan of fighting games, and sharing videos can really benefit with fighting games! Like looking back at recorded online matches! Hopefully YouTube sharing would be a big plus also!

SteveRod1992

Nintendo Network ID: SteveRod87

AuthorMessage

SCAR392

233. Posted:

Ya you can share. Trust me.

$¢@®³’²

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

234. Posted:

The Dual shock has now inherited the Dreamcas's VMU screen. :p Really though, i think the controller would look a lot better if they ditched the rubbery' looking grey mid section and just changed it to black. As is, it looks like a junky proto type.

But anyways, rumors were false. The PS3 isn't a small jump in graphics, it's huge....That old man demonstration made my jaw drop. Wasn't quite expecting that! But in the end, it's all about the games and so far based on what has been announced none of them interest me. At this point I'm just interested in what Capcom is working on > Resident Evil Reboot, Street Figther V, Mega man ect.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

235. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

The Dual shock has now inherited the Dreamcas's VMU screen. :p Really though, i think the controller would look a lot better if they ditched the rubbery' looking grey mid section and just changed it to black. As is, it looks like a junky proto type.

But anyways, rumors were false. The PS3 isn't a small jump in graphics, it's huge....That old man demonstration made my jaw drop. Wasn't quite expecting that! But in the end, it's all about the games and so far based on what has been announced none of them interest me. At this point I'm just interested in what Capcom is working on > Resident Evil Reboot, Street Figther V, Mega man ect.

Capcom showed off the most impressive game of the show../

AuthorMessage

RR529

236. Posted:

I caught a few of the game trailers on YouTube.

Killzone - This is the first thing I saw. The first thing I watched, and the graphics were absolutely breathtaking. I'm not a connoisseur of FPSers though, so I don't know if the actual gameplay features are revolutionary or not (I'll give the player credit, though, with how detailed and animated the environment was, I couldn't see where to shoot half the time, but they were doing just great).

That racing game (can't remember the name) - And just like that, Killzone's graphics have been upstaged. I'm personally not that big into realistic racers, but I'm sure for those who are it's cool that you'll be able to join clubs from around the world, and compete in tournaments with up to 1,000 others (that's probably the most impressive thing, IMO).

Watch_Dogs - I'm not all that into GTA styled open world games (I prefer super powered ones, like InFamous or Prototype), but I'm sure this looks great for those who are.

Currently Playing:

Godzilla: Smash 3 (AND)
Summoners War: Sky Arena (AND)
Salvo Saga (AND)

AuthorMessage

Morpheel

237. Posted:

Wouldn't the touch panel make more sense on the back of the controller? Unless there's one on the back too, I don't know, I didn't even knew it got announced today (just like I just heard that all final fantasies were 50% off for two weeks D: I just lost another opportunity to finally play FFV).

I mean, there it would be easier to reach at any time and it would be like the PS Vita's.
Unless they plan to use it like a plain computer-like touchpad for non gaming things.

Edited on by Morpheel

Oops, no username pun.

Oh look! A Morphloggery.
Oh! eShop Gurus.

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

AuthorMessage

WaveWarlock

238. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Was the footage for 'Deep down' actually real time, or partially prerendered? It also doesn't exactly show how the game plays either. Color me interested if Move is supported for 1:1 sword combat, while being able to use your shield with the Nunchuck-like controller. Because honestly, at this point I'm not looking for another traditionally controlled 3rd person 'PS3' experience even IF the in-game visuals are mindblowing. With visuals so realistic, you'd think developers by this point would match that realism for certain genre's to some degree by making the controls more realistic. At least having that option be it an alternative control scheme would be great for those that want it.

Edited on by WaveWarlock

Currently Playing: Ghouls 'n Ghosts!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
80s FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

239. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

Bankai wrote:

WaveBoy wrote:

Was the footage for 'Deep down' actually real time, or partially prerendered? It also doesn't exactly show how the game plays either. Color me interested if Move is supported for 1:1 sword combat, while being able to use your shield with the Nunchuck-like controller. Because honestly, at this point I'm not looking for another traditionally controlled 3rd person 'PS3' experience even IF the in-game visuals are mindblowing. With visuals so realistic, you'd think developers by this point would match that realism for certain genre's to some degree by making the controls more realistic. At least having that option be it an alternative control scheme would be great for those that want it.

You do realise that you are in such a minority to say that you would insist on Move controls for this game, right?

I think Capcom is wise to instead focus on the social innovations of the game, which were hinted at in the demo.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

240. Posted:

Pretty disappointing showing. I was definitely expecting to see the PS4 considering the hype Sony was pumping. And all we got was a Nintendo Direct with Sony..

Looking forward to: ZeldaU & Hyrule Warriors

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92