Other Gaming Forum

Topic: The Playstation 4 fan thread.

Showing 241 to 260 of 1,306

AuthorMessage

Bankai

241. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Pretty disappointing showing. I was definitely expecting to see the PS4 considering the hype Sony was pumping. And all we got was a Nintendo Direct with Sony..

But of course if it was a Nintendo Direct it would be OMFG AWESOME, right?

Digitally Downloaded - best darned game site on the web ;-)

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

242. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Not if they hyped it up as much as Sony did here. The Nintendo Direct's come out of nowhere with no expectations.

This was hyped up by every news outlet in gaming for about a week, and all we got was a "Sony Direct". That's what I find disappointing.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: Mario Kart 8

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Bankai

243. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Not if they hyped it up as much as Sony did here. The Nintendo Direct's come out of nowhere with no expectations.

This was hyped up by every news outlet in gaming for about a week, and all we got was a "Sony Direct". That's what I find disappointing.

Sony unveiled a new console, a host of innovations in that console, stuff that no other console is capable of because of those Cloud features, and a bunch of games.

What, exactly, else could Sony do?

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

244. Posted:

I'm in an extreme minority wishing for move controls as an alternate control scheme when it comes to the 'Playstation/Sony' crowd. They swear by their trusty twin stick dual shock controller. But teally, I find that when you've tasted next gen controls be it Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Elebits, Resident evil 4: Wii Edition ect ect, and NOT on these laggy HDTV's(even though 1 frame capable sets still perform wonderfully) that it's near bloody impossible to go to back to traditionall controls for many types of genres, mainly being 1st and 3rd person. I know you don't agree, but the Nintendo crowd at least on this site seem to be 50/50 with it.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

245. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Sony unveiled a new console

When? I never saw a console??

AuthorMessage

Bankai

246. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

I'm in an extreme minority wishing for move controls as an alternate control scheme when it comes to the 'Playstation/Sony' crowd. They swear by their trusty twin stick dual shock controller. But teally, I find that when you've tasted next gen controls be it Skyward Sword, Metroid Prime 3, Elebits, Resident evil 4: Wii Edition ect ect, and NOT on these laggy HDTV's(even though 1 frame capable sets still perform wonderfully) that it's near bloody impossible to go to back to traditionall controls for many types of genres, mainly being 1st and 3rd person. I know you don't agree, but the Nintendo crowd at least on this site seem to be 50/50 with it.

I'm not really going to debate about that - but yourself proved my point - the people likely to buy PS4s and thus this game - really couldn't care less about waving their arms around like dopes and pretending that it offers something other than a different way to press a button :P

Edited on by Bankai

AuthorMessage

Chrono_Cross

247. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

What, exactly, else could Sony do?

Given me my ****ing money!

Digitally Downloaded.
PlayStation Network: JosephDigital
"I'm just a musical prostitute, my dear." - Freddie Mercury

AuthorMessage

WaveBoy

248. Posted:

I don't think I ever ONCE waved my arms around like a dope....Unless we're talking about Wario Ware: Smooth Moves haha. :p
Which actually happens to be one of my favorite wii games. ;) Also, the wii remote doesn't require crazy arm flailing movements the majority of the time. For Metroid Prime 3(or any first or 3rd person title) while sitting down, you can basically just rest your arm on your leg. and move, rotate, whatever, 'your wrist/hand with subtle movements and it works flawlessly. I wouldn't expect people to hold their arm up in the for 2 hour gaming sessions. I never did.

Edited on by WaveBoy

Currently Playing: Donkey Kong Country Returns!
We shall swim to Bubble Island, or you will suffer the wrath of my Trident Laser!
Nintendo FANATIC & King of NES Tekkidome!

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

249. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Still wondering about this, did we get to see the system? Cause if so I NEED a link. I'm really curious??

AuthorMessage

Bankai

250. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Oh you're right. That two hour presentation wasn't about a new console or anything. Because they didn't stick a picture of the actual console in there.

Never mind that they talked about the console for 2 hours. Shown footage of games running on it. Explained all its major features. Provided an approximate release date. Until there's that picture, the console just doesn't exist.

:-/ honestly. I hope you're just joking (and apologies if you are, but your comment seemed serious).

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

251. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Oh you're right. That two hour presentation wasn't about a new console or anything. Because they didn't stick a picture of the actual console in there.

Never mind that they talked about the console for 2 hours. Shown footage of games running on it. Explained all its major features. Provided an approximate release date. Until there's that picture, the console just doesn't exist.

:-/ honestly. I hope you're just joking (and apologies if you are, but your comment seemed serious).

So they didn't show it...?

All you really need to understand here is that I expected to see the Ps4, they hyped this up to be the showing that would show the future (as in their next system). All I got was games, tech-demos and some promises towards the upcoming system. That was very disappointing for me. This shouldn't be all that hard to grasp for you.

AuthorMessage

MAB

252. Posted:

WaveBoy wrote:

While sitting down, you can basically just rest your arm on your leg. and move, rotate, whatever, 'your wrist/hand with subtle movements.

We have a thread wiener :P

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!

AuthorMessage

Bankai

253. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

So they didn't show it...?

All you really need to understand here is that I expected to see the Ps4, they hyped this up to be the showing that would show the future (as in their next system). All I got was games, tech-demos and some promises towards the upcoming system. That was very disappointing for me. This shouldn't be all that hard to grasp for you.

The only thing you didn't see is the actual box.

It's actually really hard for me to understand how someone could get disappointed with those announcements simply because they didn't see a plastic box.

Sony didn't show the box because Sony wanted people to focus on what the box did, not the bit of plastic itself.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

254. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

It's actually really hard for me to understand how someone could get disappointed with those announcements simply because they didn't see a plastic box.

Sony didn't show the box because Sony wanted people to focus on what the box did, not the bit of plastic itself.

Just like Nintendo focused on what the GamePad could do during their E3 showing of the WiiU instead of showing the actual system. I found that extremely disappointing as well.

I want to see it. The design, how big it is, what features it'll have, amount of different ports etc. etc.

All I got was talk. A picture says more than a thousand words.

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

Bankai

255. Posted:

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Just like Nintendo focused on what the GamePad could do during their E3 showing of the WiiU instead of showing the actual system. I found that extremely disappointing as well.

I want to see it. The design, how big it is, what features it'll have, amount of different ports etc. etc.

All I got was talk. A picture says more than a thousand words.

Well, I personally are happy when these events focus on what's important, rather than a purely cosmetic bit of plastic.

AuthorMessage

19Robb92

256. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Well, I personally are happy when these events focus on what's important, rather than a purely cosmetic bit of plastic.

Good for you.

I had my hopes set a bit higher up I guess.

Edited on by 19Robb92

AuthorMessage

dartmonkey

257. Posted:

A great showing from Sony. For the first time in a decade it seems like they've regained a little humility and are offering something other than the most 'advanced' tech. The new pad demonstrates that they're evolving a little, and implementing some strong new features. Nothing groundbreaking, but lots of things that cumulatively make a very solid platform. That Dualshock looks like it might be comfortable to hold, which is one reason I can't stand the present ones (although maybe that's just me hands). If Microsoft implement their anti-2nd hand thing, I could see an exodus to PS4 that reverses the fortunes of this gen between those two. But then maybe Durango has a couple of tricks up its sleeve.
Still, Sony looks unattractive to me for the same reason it always has - games. They've got almost NOTHING exclusive that interests me. I understand this is a personal thing, but besides Team ICO they have no IPs that excites me. Playstation Allstars says it all. All the games look pretty, of course, and Uncharted is a pleasant romp, but I'm not going to buy the system for it. Ditto Killzone. Ditto DriveClub, inFamous. It's the same story as this gen. I was in a dept store yesterday looking at a 2 for 30 offer in PS3 games (I'm getting an old system free off a relative, specifically to play Journey). The titles in this deal were all the notable releases from the past 5 years, but it was all so much 'meh'. They're solid games, but Kratos, Rachet & Clank, Nathan Drake and even Sackboy aren't going to make me buy the system.
The Last Guardian would have piqued my interest, and I admire Media Molecule but there's no game here to make me think I'll need a PS4 before 2016.

Sticky fingers and glossy pads mix only too well

www.dartmonkey.com

Twitter: dartmonkey

AuthorMessage

Therad

258. Posted:

Bankai wrote:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

This is rich coming from you. :)

Therad

AuthorMessage

GoombaJMR

259. Posted:

Therad wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

This is rich coming from you. :)

True dat, true dat... :)

3DS Friend Code 0860-3671-7874
Visit my BLOG!
coolgamesanime.blogspot.tw
Sign this Paper Mario TTYD 3DS Petition!
http://www.change.org/en-GB/petitions/nintendo-and-intelligent-systems-remake-of-paper-mario-the-thousand-year-door-on-the-3ds?

Twitter: GoombaJMR

AuthorMessage

MAB

260. Posted:

Nothing says fanhead more then a console defender/salesperson... I hope Sony is paying you good figures for that privilege.

Forever living to inappropriately touch the mentalities of armchair internet gaming analysts and worthless console war fanboys... Let their sad stories burn eternally within my inbox furnace of hell ;)

Wii U & Steam Box DIGITAL 4 LYFE BABY!