Forums

Topic: The PlayStation Fan Thread

Posts 241 to 260 of 16,083

19Robb92

Bankai wrote:

Oh you're right. That two hour presentation wasn't about a new console or anything. Because they didn't stick a picture of the actual console in there.

Never mind that they talked about the console for 2 hours. Shown footage of games running on it. Explained all its major features. Provided an approximate release date. Until there's that picture, the console just doesn't exist.

:-/ honestly. I hope you're just joking (and apologies if you are, but your comment seemed serious).

So they didn't show it...?

All you really need to understand here is that I expected to see the Ps4, they hyped this up to be the showing that would show the future (as in their next system). All I got was games, tech-demos and some promises towards the upcoming system. That was very disappointing for me. This shouldn't be all that hard to grasp for you.

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

MAB

WaveBoy wrote:

While sitting down, you can basically just rest your arm on your leg. and move, rotate, whatever, 'your wrist/hand with subtle movements.

We have a thread wiener

MAB

Bankai

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Oh you're right. That two hour presentation wasn't about a new console or anything. Because they didn't stick a picture of the actual console in there.

Never mind that they talked about the console for 2 hours. Shown footage of games running on it. Explained all its major features. Provided an approximate release date. Until there's that picture, the console just doesn't exist.

:-/ honestly. I hope you're just joking (and apologies if you are, but your comment seemed serious).

So they didn't show it...?

All you really need to understand here is that I expected to see the Ps4, they hyped this up to be the showing that would show the future (as in their next system). All I got was games, tech-demos and some promises towards the upcoming system. That was very disappointing for me. This shouldn't be all that hard to grasp for you.

The only thing you didn't see is the actual box.

It's actually really hard for me to understand how someone could get disappointed with those announcements simply because they didn't see a plastic box.

Sony didn't show the box because Sony wanted people to focus on what the box did, not the bit of plastic itself.

19Robb92

Bankai wrote:

It's actually really hard for me to understand how someone could get disappointed with those announcements simply because they didn't see a plastic box.

Sony didn't show the box because Sony wanted people to focus on what the box did, not the bit of plastic itself.

Just like Nintendo focused on what the GamePad could do during their E3 showing of the WiiU instead of showing the actual system. I found that extremely disappointing as well.

I want to see it. The design, how big it is, what features it'll have, amount of different ports etc. etc.

All I got was talk. A picture says more than a thousand words.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Bankai

19Robb92 wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Just like Nintendo focused on what the GamePad could do during their E3 showing of the WiiU instead of showing the actual system. I found that extremely disappointing as well.

I want to see it. The design, how big it is, what features it'll have, amount of different ports etc. etc.

All I got was talk. A picture says more than a thousand words.

Well, I personally are happy when these events focus on what's important, rather than a purely cosmetic bit of plastic.

19Robb92

Bankai wrote:

Well, I personally are happy when these events focus on what's important, rather than a purely cosmetic bit of plastic.

Good for you.

I had my hopes set a bit higher up I guess.

Edited on by 19Robb92

dartmonkey

A great showing from Sony. For the first time in a decade it seems like they've regained a little humility and are offering something other than the most 'advanced' tech. The new pad demonstrates that they're evolving a little, and implementing some strong new features. Nothing groundbreaking, but lots of things that cumulatively make a very solid platform. That Dualshock looks like it might be comfortable to hold, which is one reason I can't stand the present ones (although maybe that's just me hands). If Microsoft implement their anti-2nd hand thing, I could see an exodus to PS4 that reverses the fortunes of this gen between those two. But then maybe Durango has a couple of tricks up its sleeve.
Still, Sony looks unattractive to me for the same reason it always has - games. They've got almost NOTHING exclusive that interests me. I understand this is a personal thing, but besides Team ICO they have no IPs that excites me. Playstation Allstars says it all. All the games look pretty, of course, and Uncharted is a pleasant romp, but I'm not going to buy the system for it. Ditto Killzone. Ditto DriveClub, inFamous. It's the same story as this gen. I was in a dept store yesterday looking at a 2 for 30 offer in PS3 games (I'm getting an old system free off a relative, specifically to play Journey). The titles in this deal were all the notable releases from the past 5 years, but it was all so much 'meh'. They're solid games, but Kratos, Rachet & Clank, Nathan Drake and even Sackboy aren't going to make me buy the system.
The Last Guardian would have piqued my interest, and I admire Media Molecule but there's no game here to make me think I'll need a PS4 before 2016.

dartmonkey

Twitter:

Therad

Bankai wrote:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

This is rich coming from you.

Therad

GoombaJMR

Therad wrote:

Bankai wrote:

Don't act like a fanboy and people won't call you a fanboy.

This is rich coming from you.

True dat, true dat...

GoombaJMR

3DS Friend Code: 0860-3671-7874

MAB

Nothing says fanhead more then a console defender/salesperson... I hope Sony is paying you good figures for that privilege.

MAB

Jamouse

I'm actually glad that both Square-Enix and Capcom presented products at this meeting. It means that two of my most despised publishers will be focusing on bringing their crap to the PS4 and not platforms that I'm actually interested in

Edited on by Jamouse

Jamouse

DarkLloyd

WaveBoy wrote:

I don't think I ever ONCE waved my arms around like a dope....Unless we're talking about Wario Ware: Smooth Moves haha.
Which actually happens to be one of my favorite wii games. Also, the wii remote doesn't require crazy arm flailing movements the majority of the time. For Metroid Prime 3(or any first or 3rd person title) while sitting down, you can basically just rest your arm on your leg. and move, rotate, whatever, 'your wrist/hand with subtle movements and it works flawlessly. I wouldn't expect people to hold their arm up in the for 2 hour gaming sessions. I never did.

if all your doing which i pretty much do is moving the wrist laying down or whatever then i dont see the claim to it being realistic, it makes sense to certain genres like arcade shooters etc etc

in this case i rather just use the controller instead of the wiimote if im just going to treat the wiimote like a controller in the first place, a few neat gameplay features to make you think your holding a gun doesnt enhance the experince for me

so your half wrong saying most would never go back to regular controller gaming

DarkLloyd

DarkLloyd

Jamouse wrote:

I'm actually glad that both Square-Enix and Capcom presented products at this meeting. It means that two of my most despised publishers will be focusing on bringing their crap to the PS4 and not platforms that I'm actually interested in

lol oh boy your going to be disappointed then

DarkLloyd

shingi_70

Holy crap at the double standard.

Nintendo doesn't show off the Wii U console until about a month before launch and even though its ugly as sin its cool because you know the gamepad.

Sony does the exact same thing and will probably have been hardware dragon and they get complained about.

All that happened here was that it was shown Nintendo being consertive doesn't really pay off anymore.

WAT!

Hey check out my awesome new youtube channel shingi70 where I update weekly on the latest gaming and comic news form a level headed perspective.

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

ThePirateCaptain

All in all I think the console and features looked impressive, but the games were a whole other story. Some of the social and cloud features sounded quite nice but the games looked like the same old forgettable junk. Yeah, they looked great, but aside from that there wasn't any real innovation in the gameplay.

ThePirateCaptain

3DS Friend Code: 3523-2096-8169 | Nintendo Network ID: Capn_Pancakes

Jaz007

I'm just curious for the people complaining about more of the same and then saying they look forward to the next Xbox more, what exactly are you expecting that isn't more of the same from them?

Edited on by Jaz007

Jaz007

Auracle

Sony_70 wrote:

Holy crap at the double standard.

Nintendo doesn't show off the Wii U console until about a month before launch and even though its ugly as sin its cool because you know the gamepad.

Sony does the exact same thing and will probably have been hardware dragon and they get complained about.

All that happened here was that it was shown Nintendo being consertive doesn't really pay off anymore.

I'll give you some advice that people never forget to tell us Nintendo fans. People have different opinions than you. Don't get so rustled about them. I personally thought that the Wii U looked very nice at launch. I thought the PS4 had a nice coat of paint, but I wasn't too partial to the controller and games. Other people may have felt the same. Again, these are opinions and can't be considered facts, so no need to get worked up either way.

Oh, and we won't know if it was bad of Nintendo to play it safe until the PS4 price is announced and we see more games.

I foresee what you'll do there.
-The truth is incontrovertible, malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end; there it is. ~Winston Churchill

3DS Friend Code: 1805-2247-0273 | Nintendo Network ID: True_Hero

SCRAPPER392

Jaz007 wrote:

I'm just curious for the people complaining about more of the same and then saying they look forward to the next Xbox more, what exactly are you expecting that isn't more of the same from them?

I'd say a more stable online, graphics, and gameplay. The PS4 looks better than anything out right now. I get that. The problem is, is the creativity at Sony is lacking, which is why you're seeing more of the same ol' games with better graphics. This is the same feeling I had with Dead Space, Assassin's Creed, Bioshock, etc. sequel games. They add no truly new elements of play to the games. Dead Space 1 was cool, I didn't like AC at all, and Bioshock 2 was s*** compared to the first one. Same w/ Uncharted IMO. The first one was cool, but after that it was downhill.
The gameplay is more of the same of what we've been seeing for years, EVEN WITH BETTER TECH.
Nintendo's going to be able to do better without as good of technology, and Xbox is just going to have better hardware, PERIOD.
This system looks like a Nintendo/Microsoft hyrbrid clone on every horrible drug not recommended by anyone. It even has the Wii U logo as it's Ustream logo, along with a blue instead of green Xbox menu.
If you guys like it fine, but that my honest opinion about it.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

TysonOfTime

Dear Gog this thread is painful to read through.

Anyways, Is this a bad thing? I assume it's a bad thing.

@Bankai
You know, I'm very interested in the PS4, but every time you say "Social Innovations!" I feel... unsure.

I... tolerate Miiverse because it's a contained thing, and it's more of a feature, but in the PS4... it's a focus? Maybe I'm not grasping this entirely, I wasn't able to watch the stream, I had to read up on the stuff during it.

You don't die until you're dead!

3DS Friend Code: 4854-6436-0663 | Nintendo Network ID: TysonOfTime

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic