Forums

Topic: Star Wars Battlefront II

Posts 161 to 171 of 171

RancidVomit86

Found out the in-laws got me a PS4 Battlefront 2 bundle for Christmas so looks like I'm thrust into this game regardless.

Battle.net - Dayman
Steam - RancidVomit86
PSN - RancidVomit86

Where my friends and I usually get stupid:
https://www.twitch.tv/MUDWALLHOLLER - Come by hang and visit our Discord. The link for Discord is on the Twitch page.

Let's Go Buffalo!

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

Thought you'd like to know that a progression update has just been detailed by DICE.

• Class progression is now linear. You play as a class (or hero, reinforcement or ship), you get xp for it, you level up, and you get a skill point, which you use to buy/ upgrade a star card for that class/hero/ etc. No RNG. Crafting parts are being frozen in one update, and converted into free skill points in another.
  • Star Crates no longer contain Star Cards, and can no longer to bought. They are earned for completing challenges/ milestones.
  • Credits (or real world money) can be used to buy cosmetics. No lootcrates involved.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal All good things you jotted down there, and is very much like the original Star Ware Battlefront. Spare time is very low for me these days, and I just don’t have it in me to play Battlefront II.

Funnily enough, I played survival split screen co-op with a friend a few weeks ago on the original Battlefront and that game feels so much better than the sequel. I thoroughly dislike the running animation in the new game, and the rolling move is just bizarre. The reason why I liked the original so much is simply because it was an easy and accessible game to play, which the sequel kind of drifted away from.

Thanks for the heads up though. Are you still chipping away on Battlefront II?

Peek-a-boo

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

I didn't think 2 was any more or less accessible then the first. I'm not sure where a running animation comes into play here. Unless you're referring to how your character feels when they move?

I haven't played much in a while, but that's just because of other games. The first game wasn't much different; friend and I would play it as the go-to multiplayer game, then eventually cycle over to something else for a bit, only to return to it somewhere down the line. This new update will probably pull us back ín (although, Sea of Thieves is coming out the day before, so we'll probably juggle between that, SWBF2 and Fortnite).

DarkRula

It's certainly a good update, but will probably come too late for any real boost in sales to be meaningful. And with this coming this month, I'm hoping the new maps come in April.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Peek-a-boo

@DarthNocturnal I was lucky enough to play Battlefront with friends who have never played a FPS before, and it was easy to pick up and play. For somebody who put nearly 60-odd hours into the first game, the sequel felt different, and not necessarily in a good way. Personal preference, of course.

And yes, I was referring to how the characters move.

There’s a floatyness about the movement in Battlefront II, and the running animation is comparable to how Faith jogs then breaks into a sprint in Mirror’s Edge Catalyst, whereas running in the original Battlefront was instantaneous. Not a fan of the roll either, but hey-ho!

When this is £9.99 on the PlayStation Store into the foreseeable future, I may take a punt on it and blast my way through the campaign, which I kind of want to play to see how the story unfolds.

Did you enjoy following Iden’s story by any chance?

Peek-a-boo

DarthNocturnal

@Peek-a-boo

Odd. Running feels instant to me. Maybe I'll look into it further the next time I play. Also, I think they recently nerfed rolling (which is in the first game, where it was rather buggy).

The campaign was like most of DICE's campaigns (which is odd, as DICE weren't it's main developers); not bad, but not terribly remarkable. The plot isn't exactly deep either. You'll probably see everything coming from a mile away.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

DarkRula

Anyone still keeping up with this? 'Cus a new mode has just been revealed.

https://battlefront-forums.ea.com/discussion/128692/community...

Capital Supremacy pits two teams against each other to capture command posts and build a reinforcement tally. When one side hits the required amount, the battle transitions to the enemy capital ship to a battle over the critical systems.

Bad thing about it is - they've been saying for months it's a non-linear mode, yet this looks far from non-linear.

DarkRula

DarthNocturnal

That depends on one's definition of “non-linear“... and I don't know what DICE's definition is.

Sounds interesting though. Haven't played SWBF2 in a while though.

EDIT: OK it seems the “non-linear“ bit is referring to how you can claim command posts and (presumably) plant charges on important ship components in any order. So... I dunno, that kinda matches.

Edited on by DarthNocturnal

Daloblast

Turns out that its on a different geonosis map and comes with a Commando Droid and ARC trooper.

Daloblast

My Nintendo: Daloblast

DarkRula

The only non-linear part is the land phase at the beginning. The capital ship parts have about as much linearity as a Galactic Assault phase - which is a pretty apt assessment since the phase on the capital ships sounds exactly like a Galactic Assault scenario.

When I think of a non-linear mode, I think of multiple ways of achieving an overall objective - which I admit is bit difficult in making sure it doesn't just appear as some form of conquest. But when conquest isn't even in the game - why not? Take the Elite Squadron example of a conquest mode and implement it into the game as seamless as it can be.

The new mode sounds fun. No question of that. But to my eyes, it isn't non-linear.

DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic