Forums

Topic: Sony Unveils 300GB-1TB Next-Gen Blu-ray 'Archival Disc'

Posts 21 to 25 of 25

LzWinky

It's just that every "generation" of electronics seems more pointless than the last.

DVDs were quite practical over VHSes
Blu-rays were a bit more practical over DVDs if you cared about quality and they are apparently more durable
These...seem pointless to a common consumer, though I'm sure someone will find a use for them

Also, I dread to see how video games will use these discs. This only means much bigger games at bloated budgets to the extreme

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

SomeBitTripFan

C'mon! Aren't Floppy Disks enough? Just one can hold a whole whopping 1.44 MB of data!
Untitled
This should be more than enough!

Just Someloggery
You have the right to disagree with me and the ability to consider anything valid that I say; Please exercise both.

Nintendo Network ID: SomeBitTripFan

GuSolarFlare

SomeBitTripFan wrote:

C'mon! Aren't Floppy Disks enough? Just one can hold a whole whopping 1.44 MB of data!
Untitled
This should be more than enough!

Bill Gates wrote:

640K ought to be enough for anyone.

goodbyes are a sad part of life but for every end there's a new beggining so one must never stop looking forward to the next dawn
now working at IBM as helpdesk analyst
my Backloggery

3DS Friend Code: 3995-7085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: GustavoSF

SCRAPPER392

Assuming more devices can write, have more durable lasers, and the disc is RW, this could replace HDDs while being significantly cheaper. I don't see that happening anytime soon, though.

Just imagine putting this disc into your game console, then you can download and burn to disc.

Qwest

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3737-8064 | Nintendo Network ID: Children

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.