Forums

Topic: Sony drops PSP price to $129.99

Posts 21 to 31 of 31

JadeGirl

Starlight wrote:

Doomsday for Sony? They have other business to fall back on.

They are desperate but they're not going to be out of business because of it.

Well I mean for PlayStation not Sony itself. The NGP better be good, I plan on buying it so I hope it will be worth it or els it will be a waste of money and I will be stuck in my room crying about it and can't get rid of the thing.

I bought the PSP 2000 and I'm really sad I got it but there is nothing I can do about it now, my disc doesn't work and I payed a lot for those games I want to at least get some good playing time out of it and to keep them in good shape, but I cant do that if it stops working on its on!

Love is the Answer!
My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the Lord. Psalm 104:34
So many Awesome video games coming out this year! So many games so little money! Crap!

Twitter:

AlexSays

That's awesome.

Now it only has to drop another 125 dollars or so to make me actually want one.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

Ravage

I probably wouldn`t buy one even for $5.
My fiance just bought one anyway

Sean Aaron ~ "The secret is out: I'm really an American cat-girl."
Q: How many physicists does it take to change a light bulb?
A: Two, one to hold the light bulb, the other to rotate the universe.

Machu

slapshot82 wrote:

@Machu... What games have you acquired for the PSP yet?

I've been playing a lot of MGS:PW (absolutely amazing) and Wipeout Pulse. Got Portable Ops and MHFU as well, oh and Dissidia:FF which is simple but fun. Gran Turismo, Motorstorm: Arctic Edge, GTA: Chinatown Wars, and then silly stuff like Loco Roco and Hot Pixel.

Got it packed with music, movies and anime too, which is nice. Altogether a nifty lil device. Even if it is a nightmare to hold sometimes. D:

Rawr!

CanisWolfred

Why are there people thinking this is some doomsday thing? Price drops around the time a new console comes out is natural. They're moving on to better things, man, so they gotta clear out the old.

I am the Wolf...Red
Backloggery | DeviantArt
Wolfrun?

Machu

@Zez: They are really cheap now dude, it's cool. I've been spending £5-£15 on games, and £18 on PW new. Bargain!!!!

Edited on by Machu

Rawr!

zezhyrule

Wow, yeah I'm definitely going to spring and buy one pretty soon. I loved the demo of PW (after all the tutorials and stuff) and MHFU, so I know it'll be worthwhile

Speaking of which -
Untitled

Hehe, it's cool how two of the best PSP games have cameos of each other :3

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SpentAllMyTokens

Sort of crazy the DSi is still selling for $149 (according to Amazon.com), given how underpowered it is in comparison - AND that the 3DS is literally at our doorstep.

@Slappy
I'm definitely going that route for the 3DS. Nintendo has historically made reliable consoles, but there are always going to be things you will never find that could go wrong until you get a large number of machines out into people's hands. I'm hoping waiting until May will save me the worst risk of issues (since that's when the shop goes live anyways).

You're really better off waiting a year or so it seems for game consoles - if you can hold out. That seems to be the amount of time it takes to find most of the bugs and work the kinks out (see all launch year systems of this previous home-console gen). I'm just banking on the fact that there are no CD drives to break and portables don't generally overheat, so the biggest problem causers with home consoles won't be an issue (and Club Nintendo warranty extensions, if all else fails).

I am way too lazy to think of something clever.
My Backloggery

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.