Forums

Topic: Sonic the Hedgehog Remastered Thread

Posts 1 to 9 of 9

SammyOfMobius

Sonic the Hedgehog is back on iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad, and Android devices, and is ready to kick some Badnik butt! Experience Sonic's first adventure on your mobile device with a new engine for faster, more fluid controls, Widescreen support, new Time Attack mode which allows you to replay levels and compete against other players' scores, and a remastered soundtrack! Blast through the classic 7 Zones: Grenn Hill Zone, Marble Zone, Spring Yard Zone, Labyrinth Zone, Star Light Zone, Scrap Brain Zone, and Final Zone, running at the speed of sound past gorgeous 16-bit scenery, up loop-de-loops, up slopes, jumping on Badniks along the way such as Crabmeats, Buzz Bombers, Motobugs, Choppers, and more. Experience the 1991 debut of the iconic video game character, Sonic, remade and remastered for your portable mobile device. Sonic the Hedgehog Remastered will be available in April for iOS and Android devices. (Not to be confused with Sonic the Hedgehog (2009 iOS port))

Edited on by SammyOfMobius

Games I'm playing currently: Legend of Zelda: A Link Betweeen Worlds, Tearaway
Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8
3DS Friend Code: 1719-3467-7677
Nintendo Network ID: SupaSamiStar14

zoroarkrules25

So this has nothing to do with tomorrow's announcement?

3ds friend code:3007 8328 5371

SammyOfMobius

Tomorrow's announcement from Sega will just be a dumb soccer game. Look it up.

But I think this remake of Sonic 1 is awesome news, because the person behind this enhanced remake is Christian Whitehead, the man behind the awesome Sonic CD enhanced remake. Plus it'll add new features to improve the first game even further, with new Time Attack Mode, Widescreen support, better controls and 60 fps, and a remastered soundtrack. And to think all I have to do is wait till April. Also, this remake might extend to other consoles and Sonic 2 is getting the remake treatment as well.

Games I'm excited for: Super Mario 3D World, Super Smash Bros. 4, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze, Mario Kart 8

Knux

I hope to hell these remakes of Sonic 1 and Sonic 2 come to consoles. Playing these games at 60 FPS and with a remastered soundtrack is a God-send, but all the other bonuses sound awesome as well.

Edited on by Knux

Knux

Raylax

News! Sega re-release Sonic 1. Again.

Raylax

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1400-0117 | Nintendo Network ID: RaylaxKai

cheetahman91

Pass. I already have enough versions of the first Sonic.

Jesus is the only way.
It's OK to have an opinion. This ain't the Soviet Union you know.
Letterboxd
Youtube Channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-2350-3570-9923 | Nintendo Network ID: cheetahman91

SammyOfMobius

More news on this remake! If you own the 2009 iOS port of Sonic 1 (for iTouch, iPad, and/or iPhone) then you get this remake free as an update! The update transforms the port into the new remake, with better controls, 60 fps, a remastered soundtrack, Time Attack, and Widescreen support! The 2013 remake of Sonic 1, of course, isn't just an updated version of the 2009 port of Sonic 1 for iOS. The update will wipe clean of anything relating to the 2009 iOS port of Sonic 1 and replace it with the new 2013 remake of Sonic 1. Again, the new 2013 mobile remake of Sonic 1 will be available next month (April 2013) for iOS and Android devices, along with the update of the 2009 Sonic 1 port that will delete all data relating to the 2009 Sonic port and convert the app into the 2013 remake of Sonic 1!

• Page 1 of 1

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.