Forums

Topic: Nintendo Life Playstation 3 Fan Thread

Posts 5,941 to 5,960 of 9,907

SilentJ

Roopa132 wrote:

SilentJ wrote:

Roopa132 wrote:

Ok, I'm gonna rephrase my question:

When I put a HDD with PS3 stuff on it in my PS3, will it still be formatted like when I put an empty, new one in there?

I was actually wondering about that myself. Let me know what happens if you end up trying it.

Well the internet was no help so I just finally tried it today and it worked. As soon as the PS3 has installed its software on a new HDD you can take it out of the PS3 and put it back in or in another PS3 and all your stuff is there.

Good to know. Thanks for the update, Roopa!

I had never really heard of Pocket Fighter until the recent posts here. It looks fun so I almost bought it before realizing it's not playable on the PSP. I like to play the PS1 classics on my PSP so I guess I'll be passing on PF for now. It's kind of stupid how you can't play something called Pocket Fighter on the go.

Edited on by SilentJ

PSN ID : MrPink78

castlehominid99

Guess who's back?
Back again?
Castles back
Tell a friend

Hey guys I got my ps3 back for about the next two weeks before my brothers brings it off to college so if you deleted me add me again psn is the same as my name here.

PSN ID: castlehominid99

3DS Friend Code: 0731-4849-6143 | Nintendo Network ID: theironmango

Slapshot

@Mickeymac I've thought about snagging Pocket Fighter a few times over now, but I've never took the plunge though. I'm not a massive Street Fighter fanatic.

@castle Welcome back dude! Do I have you as a friend on the Xbox 360?

So I just finished up Beyond Good and Evil again, and what an amazing game still today. A few control issues in a few parts of the game, but aside from that minor gripe, it's just a fantastic game all the way around. I do feel like Pey'J kinda was the key factor that caused sales issues back at its initial launch, but I think his character design might have been a bit much for those times and fits the mold of today's gaming better. Great game that if you've missed out on, for the $9.99 price tag and HD revamp, you're doing yourself an even bigger disservice of missing out on the game once again.

3DS FC: 4382-2029-8015
All my News and Reviews in One convenient place!

My Nintendo: Slapshot82 | Nintendo Network ID: Slapshot82 | Twitter:

castlehominid99

@slappy

I'm not sure but you could send me a friend request
xxx v4mp1r3 xxx

I have my xbox this whole year so I can play that.
I cannot wait for gears 3 so if your getting that as well maybe we could play that.

I also got deus ex and it is amazing it's kinda like splinter cell but then again not at all. You have an incredible ability to choose how you want to play the game and I will surely do a few playthroughs. It is an RPG FPS and you can choose to be sneaky go guns blazing hack etc. Tremendous amount of choice. I would highly recommend it to anyone even remotely interested

Edited on by castlehominid99

Slapshot

@Waltz Haha, I've not even heard of that one! Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it, as I love manga inspired movies/games.

@castle cool, I'll add you up tomorrow when I get a chance to turn it back on. Right now I'm not really buying any new games - except Resistance 3 - I'm trying to wrap up the games I already own and haven't played/finished and I'm having a blast doing it too. I've been working through Blazing Angels 2 and loving it on 360. It's an awesome arcade flight game, that just oozes charm.

I'll definitely be buying Dues Ex and Gears 3 at some point, but it will probably be into the next year before I do. I've got a few XBLA games that I want to get before I get into either of those.

Edited on by Slapshot

zezhyrule

Okay, after playing MHP3 HD for one hour I can officially say it's the best game on the PS3 n_n

Sure it's just a remaster of the PSP game, but I never played that one so this is all new to me~
and the way they handled AHP is awesome

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

Slapshot

zezhyrule wrote:

Okay, after playing MHP3 HD for one hour I can officially say it's the best game on the PS3 n_n

Sure it's just a remaster of the PSP game, but I never played that one so this is all new to me~
and the way they handled AHP is awesome

Hang on, that is already out?

castlehominid99

I think he got the Japanese version of the game

Fuzzy

@zez - what are the graphics like? And, can you move your save files between both te PS3 and PSP versions?

Fuzzy, Backloggery.

zezhyrule

@slapshot: yeah, I got the japanese version. as of now, there aren't any plans to release it in the west on the PS3, and there were a few reasons given (the game uses a special version of AHP that would require complete redux for other places, sony's too lazy to fix it up for us and stuff liek that).
Since they also said the PSP version wasn't being localized for the west, I'm guessing the HD ver will come to Vita in other places :3

@fuzzy: yeah if you have the japanese PSP game (MHP3rd) you can transfer safe files back and forth between the two.

Edit: The models themselves look great in 1080p (better than MHT imo), but some of the 2D pixely art was obviously untouched from the PSP version. It also plays very smoothly , and the dual analog is great. Of course both of those things I probably noticed 'cause I just came from playing MHFU.

Edit2: One of the major upgrades from MHT is the crisp clear readable words and such. In Tri it was hard to tell between different letters, now it's perfectly easy to make out... the japanese symbols ;___;

Edited on by zezhyrule

[15:36] Corbs: Vita rules - 3DS drools!

zezloggery | i haz youtube | PSN ID: zezhyrule

[23:11] Phoen...

SwerdMurd

@Waltz - all my crap-talking of Warriors game aside (just seem average to me--always have), the RPG flavor of Trinity Zill Oll is definitely the one that appealed the most to me. My biggest reservation was the fact that the game just didn't look that great (lots of recycled enemies, kinda last-gen dungeon design/textures/poly count) but the battle system and in-town interaction was rather awesome (loooved the old dungeon-crawl style town-made-of-stills. <3)

Game I'd pick up if it got cheap...but that prob won't happen.

-Swerd Murd

(check my tunes out at www.soundcloud.com/swerdmurd)

Bankai

SwerdMurd wrote:

@Waltz - all my crap-talking of Warriors game aside (just seem average to me--always have), the RPG flavor of Trinity Zill Oll is definitely the one that appealed the most to me. My biggest reservation was the fact that the game just didn't look that great (lots of recycled enemies, kinda last-gen dungeon design/textures/poly count) but the battle system and in-town interaction was rather awesome (loooved the old dungeon-crawl style town-made-of-stills. <3)

Game I'd pick up if it got cheap...but that prob won't happen.

The only thing that really bugs me about this game is how linear the dungeons are. This is a dungeon crawl of the truest sense of the world, and as someone who enjoys the open battlefields and approach to objectives of Samurai Warriors, this makes it feel somewhat limited. I love the scale of some of the bosses though (the Hydra especially), and the game is seriously challenging on this high difficulty levels.

But yeah, if Warriors games don't do much for you, then this one isn't going to be worth full price.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.