Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 861 to 880 of 1,835

Tsurii

Ah.. Alright. Lavasioth looks hella stupid in the desert tho

4th gen, 4 itself in particular, was pretty horrible with that tho. Not a single one of the returning monsters besides the Dragons and the revamped Fatalis was any fun to fight. And Jang was the main reason why 4U is my least favorite game in the series since Freedom. Thank God they got rid of the bloody guild nonsense right away. (yay, derailing threads )

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Joeynator3000

Meh. >.>

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

DarthNocturnal

Capcom has just confirmed the MvC I roster leak, so Monster Hunter is confirmed as a DLC character. I'm looking forward to seeing his playstyle.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Haru17

@DarthNocturnal IIRC it was a female great sword hunter in Rathalos armor. I bet she'll have some awesome and outrageously physical attacks. Maybe cats.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

JaxonH

@DarthNocturnal
Yup. I ordered MvC specifically because of the Hunter.

In fact the game just shipped out today, so I'll have it soon enough.

Did they say when the character would go live?

NOW PLAYING
NS: Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 Torna, Super Mario Party
N3DS:
PS4pro/PSVR:
Vita:
X1X:
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

DarthNocturnal

@JaxonH

It was literally just “they're coming, but we don't have anything to show yet.“

I like the zany crossover-ness of (insert franchise here) vs. Capcom, but I'm unsure about buying MvC I, when I'll probably never play online, and the story mode will probably be “one and done“.

Then again, I bought MvC 3 (and UMvC3).... but then, maybe that's WHY I'm hesitant.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Octane

January 26!

Octane

Haru17

Wow, just wow. People got mad at underwater so they made a coral reef area using air currents that allow hunters to swim the skies. This is more than... anything. We also got totally trolled — those 'snowy' armor sets were from the monsters in this zone.
We must have seen six or more new monsters: several new flying wyverns including the flagship. On that note I really don't see the western box art changing, but I'm curious to know more about this weird curvy Diablos-like creature. It's a little ugly to be honest, but the other monsters looked so new and diverse!

Edited on by Haru17

Tsurii

It's hilarious how quickly the quality for the designs went down the drain. Expected that to happen eventually with the jump to "HD proper" but this is just sad lol

Calling it now, no one will care about this come February 2018.

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Haru17

Untitled

meleebrawler

@Haru17 Diablos himself isn't exactly pleasant to look at either. But that just serves to enhance the terror when facing him.

@Tsurii You mean the monsters look more like real animals than gritty Pokemon? Nature isn't always pretty.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

pandarino

Wow looks incredible and the story mode has an epic vibe..stop being salty guys, this is the right direction for the series. Hope it eventually comes to Switch for the portability.

Edited on by pandarino

Unacceptable!

Octane

@Tsurii It may not look very unique, but I wouldn't call it ugly, just a bit generic.

Octane

Tsurii

@Octane I'd say most of the others are pretty generic. Apart from the sheer laziness of that mud Lavasioth and Anjanath (nose T Rex?) being plain stupid they're not even really bad. Just not very interesting compared to most monsters from 3rd and 4th gen and a couple other older ones. We've always had "meh" designs but I can't think of a game that added so damn many really boring monsters like that.

I've been told there's more new monsters in the trailer they've shown but I can't watch that right now. Maybe it's just the selection of monsters I've actually seen but the only thing I'm somewhat impressed by so far is the new area design now that I've seen a bit more of that. And that's just about the least interesting thing about MH to me, personally. I appreciated it if the areas weren't complete trash like half of 4U's but outside of that and one or two standouts I never cared about where I fight stuff.

Edited on by Tsurii

Chew.

3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Octane

Maybe it's just me, but the new monsters they've shown so far look more wacky and unique than what I remember of the previous games. There's the colourful chameleon thingy, the rock dodo and that lizard that swallows whole prey. This trailer had a weird flying squirrel lizard and a fluffy bat thingy. I dunno, I like the designs.

There was also a giant molten rock creature in the trailer, but I don't know if that thing's new or not.

Octane

-Green-

The flying squirrel lizard and new cover monster don't seem that interesting to me. So far they sort of feel somewhat generic.

The others on the other hand look pretty cool.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CrazedCavalier

Fashion armor confirmed... via pre-order bonuses.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic