Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,570

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH Yep. Seems like it's one of those things that half of everybody assumes everyone else knows but everyone else has no idea about.

Edited on by CrazedCavalier

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier

Er, wait, I think I did know that and I just tap the button because it's quicker that way. There's a reason I tap, I know that. I think I discovered a long time ago I could get more made quicker just tapping.

Or maybe I'm imagining things and am way off. Samsonite, I was waaay off

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH Trust me; holding the button does things far quicker than tapping. It does something like 5 a second when held.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Haru17

You still had to wait a bit if you wanted to, say, combine 300 mega potions from herb, mushrooms, and honey.

...Which you only do like 30 times in each game.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

zionich

I though you were being sarcastic about not knowing about holding the A button @JaxonH.

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

JaxonH

@zionich
No, I honestly had no idea.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

zionich

Well, if you don't know, you don't know. I will have to make sure to tell people from now on.

Haru17

Some news; Rathian can be in the Ancient Forest, Anjanath can go to the Wildspire Waste, and a kinda sketchy translated interview of Capcom European PR manager Klaas Walter holds that MHW will have 12 different locations. For contest, Monster Hunter 4 had 15 regions at launch with returning locations like the Great Desert and Tower as well as the whole Sunken Hollow / Volcanic Hollow reskin thing.

zionich

Is it January yet?

Haru17

@zionich Naw, still 90-100 days to go. We essentially have to wait until February with it being on the 26th.

Keep in mind that 12 maps is about normal. Monster Hunter games typically have 2 arenas and 3 elder dragon stages (one of which we've seen already), so that leaves us with 5-7 full maps.

zionich

They are also open maps so it's going to have a bigger overall feel to it as well, in my opinion.

Haru17

@zionich Oh totally, it takes a lot more work to realize the Monster Hunter entitled World than any of its predecessors. Especially when shortcuts like fire reskins, rereleased maps, and randomly arranged areas have been used.

There is a whole cliff region of the Wildspire Waste that's only been in one video so far, sure not many people have seen it.

Grumblevolcano

You don't have to wait too long to play this game if you're on PS4, there's a beta on December 9th. Also the PS4 version of the game is getting Sony tie ins like there was for Nintendo in previous Monster Hunter games, the main character from Horizon Zero Dawn is the first.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CrazedCavalier

On top of all the other questionable changes, they're now back to recycling monsters skeletons a lot more. And joy... another area with a drap, dreary color palette. And a jokey "Beta" to boot-- can't have a proper demo on multiple platforms, but have to make it last for only 3 days on the one that moneyhatted it.

JaxonH

I'm good with a beta. Gives me a chance to play this game early!

But let's be honest- this isn't so much a beta as it is a marketing campaign to get people to try the game. It's not like they're going to change the gameplay based on player feedback. If they did, that could either be a good thing or a bad thing depending on who is giving the feedback.

Couldn't care less about the Horizon player. It was a cool game and all but, nothing that would make me want to play as her in MH. Why isn't Xbox getting something neat? Not that they have very many awesome properties to work with but, if they can put HZD in the game they could put Master Chief. Not that I would want to play as him either, but at least it would feel a little more equal across the board. It's almost like they don't even care about the game selling on other platforms.

edit
exclusive to PS+ members

And... there it is. Well, never mind. $60 just to play Monster Hunter. I knew it was coming and it was unavoidable but I was going to wait until right when the game launched to get the most out of it. Ugh. Maybe I'll redeem my card early. I seriously doubt I'll be playing this game for a full year anyways so I might as well start a little early.

Edited on by JaxonH

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH It's PS4 exclusive in Japan, with Sony having exclusive marketing rights outside of it-- so yeah, they pretty much only care about selling the game on PS4.

Honestly, a proper demo could easily win me over on the game-- let me get hands-on with it. No "online only" stuff or console exclusivity.

Haru17

Untitled

This one's called Radobaan by the way, it's essentially to Uragaan what Lagombi is to Arzuros, so now we have effectually two monsters from Tri returning. Definitely confused me at first what with how complex the its bone armor is and how much it moves in the trailer.

I think a limited time beta was wholly predictable, like, name one AAA PS4/8th gen crossplatform game that has done it any differently. They might do other beta events in January, but for now I'm excited to play in a month. The official article mentioned that while there are only quests for Great Jagras, Anjanath, and Barroth, you'll be able to freely hunt all of the other monsters in those two maps. So Jyuratodus, Diablos, and Rathalos will all be available in the beta as well (probably not Tobi since I get the feeling that we'll have to progress to unlock him for the Ancient Forest.

But let's be real, there is no version of Monster Hunter: World that you wouldn't have to pay for to play online, unless you own a PC I guess. Nintendo's converting to paid online next year, so the only place MH5 could have been free online and offline was by treading water on 3DS, and then it couldn't pull off this kind of a generational leap for the combat systems. And the costume stuff is almost exactly the same as any other event quest. This is what they do, they pick a popular anime or video game series from the platform and make armor sets. There is still collaboration content for exactly as many systems as before, it's just also on Xbox and PC. I don't think Sony's going to allow Maleoy though, so I bet the armor will transform male hunters into women. The press release said something about the armor also incorporating Aloy's 'facial likeness.'

Untitled

And I'm excited for the new area, if you want dingey brown ground textures go hunt in the Volcanic Hollow or 2nd gen Swamp — at least this one won't have fourth gen's paper thin standing water sliming up the ground and making it look ugly. Seeing the ground meat panther drag a Legiana corpse across the ground in real time was awesome, I can't wait to see how we can screw around with the AI. And of course the bioluminescent caves look beautiful.

I'm really interested to see what the Coral Highlands and Rotten Vale mean for archetypal areas like ice and volcanic maps. The habitat sidebar in the in-game monster encyclopedia had slots for six different regions, and there was that translated interview with Capcom Europe at a Russian gaming event where the representative cited 12 different maps (presumably including elder dragon stages like the canyon). So we'll see, but it's all but certain that the game will have at least 5 full-size maps what with World hitting up every major gaming convention and Sony press conference since E3 (so they'll be at PSX the same day the beta drops).

Edited on by Haru17

zionich

@JaxonH $60.00 and free games each month to play the beta 😉

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic