Forums

Topic: Monster Hunter: World

Posts 881 to 900 of 1,152

pandarino

Wow looks incredible and the story mode has an epic vibe..stop being salty guys, this is the right direction for the series. Hope it eventually comes to Switch for the portability.

Edited on by pandarino

Unacceptable!

Octane

@Tsurii It may not look very unique, but I wouldn't call it ugly, just a bit generic.

Octane

Tsurii

@Octane I'd say most of the others are pretty generic. Apart from the sheer laziness of that mud Lavasioth and Anjanath (nose T Rex?) being plain stupid they're not even really bad. Just not very interesting compared to most monsters from 3rd and 4th gen and a couple other older ones. We've always had "meh" designs but I can't think of a game that added so damn many really boring monsters like that.

I've been told there's more new monsters in the trailer they've shown but I can't watch that right now. Maybe it's just the selection of monsters I've actually seen but the only thing I'm somewhat impressed by so far is the new area design now that I've seen a bit more of that. And that's just about the least interesting thing about MH to me, personally. I appreciated it if the areas weren't complete trash like half of 4U's but outside of that and one or two standouts I never cared about where I fight stuff.

Edited on by Tsurii

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Octane

Maybe it's just me, but the new monsters they've shown so far look more wacky and unique than what I remember of the previous games. There's the colourful chameleon thingy, the rock dodo and that lizard that swallows whole prey. This trailer had a weird flying squirrel lizard and a fluffy bat thingy. I dunno, I like the designs.

There was also a giant molten rock creature in the trailer, but I don't know if that thing's new or not.

Octane

-Green-

The flying squirrel lizard and new cover monster don't seem that interesting to me. So far they sort of feel somewhat generic.

The others on the other hand look pretty cool.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

CrazedCavalier

Fashion armor confirmed... via pre-order bonuses.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Nintendo Network ID: thedanman88

CrazedCavalier

I will chime in and say that a lot of the new monster designs are really "eh". The only one I'm down on is the flagship, but besides that most of the rest of them look too generic. They look like concept designs that need a bit more fleshing out before being put in the game, honestly.

"There's a very fine line between not listening and not caring. I like to think I walk that line every day of my life." -Leonard Church Jr.

Tsurii

@Octane saw the trailer now.

I actually like the feathery little wyverns and the squirrel might be neat, but you don't see it very well in that trailer.

Snake-acuga seems kinda..overdesigned. Similar to Anjanath which also looks like they just slapped half a dozen ideas together. The slim, new bird wyvern seems pretty okay as well, but that was also only really briefly in the trailer, it looked to me like it could be the male to that yellow toad-like one from before.
The new gypceros with its flash ears seems strange, but we, yet again, didn't see it much. Still no opinion on the big one because, ha, you guessed it, they've not shown it very well yet.

The flagship is complete garbage. I think that covers it.

I couldn't care less about the story bits, but I'll just repeat that the guild whatever girl is buttugly.

The airy area seems like a unique idea with those up drafts for traversing it (that's what I assume happened in the trailer anyway) but I'm not really too big on the actual look of it.

Think that's it.

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

JaxonH

Beautiful, coming sooner than expected!

I don't care for some of the new monsters but, whatever.

Would have preordered that LE console but PS4 Pro is expensive. I didn't even order the MHXX Switch. Would have loved to have both but.... such is life.

I would hurry up and beat MHXX before this drops but honestly, what's the rush. I can play that for years to come on the go, while I play this one at home.

Definitely need that special edition though. Got my Xbox One X on preorder, I'll be ready to go.

PLAYING
Switch: Xenoblade 2, Skyrim, Resident Evil Revelations 1/2
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
PSVR: Skyrim VR, DOOM VFR
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

CrazedCavalier

Looks like I'm really locked down. I was expecting a Spring release, but with FEW in October, XC2 December 1st, and this January 28th I've really got things laid out for me (looks like EOV and Samus Returns are really getting shunted into the backlog).

JaxonH

@CrazedCavalier
Don't shun Metroid! It's sooo good!

I know it's tough going back to 3DS but the 3D is amazing and the 2nd screen map is terrific. Definitely a game that deserves priority, if possivle

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

CrazedCavalier

@JaxonH College student with limited funds. FEW, XC2, and World are all three large games; even if I could really afford to buy more games within that time frame, there's little guarantee I'd be able to play them. We'll see what Spring holds (there's still DW9, FESwitch, Code Vein, and KH3 coming in 2018).

Gameday

You boys ready to suit up !?

Stay Gaming My Friend !
www.youtube.com/user/Gameday2011
Nintendo Switch: 2899-5745-8667 / Gameday J
Xbox - Gameday J
PSN - Gameday_J
3DS: 0705 5371 1465 / Gameday
Steam: Gameday_J

3DS Friend Code: 0705-5371-1465 | Nintendo Network ID: Gameday_J | Twitter:

Haru17

I'm not sure if this has been noticed before, but Pukei-Pukei and the floating fluff bat share the same skeleton. Not only that but, if you look at the three circular shapes at the bottom of each of their wings, they may even be related species. Just from what we've seen so far it's impressive that monsters with the same / similar collision and hitboxes behave so differently — floating from their neck and flipping versus vigorously licking hunters.

Capcom Nintendo Life Community Manager

Contents are ???% sarcastic in nature.

JaxonH

Who here lives in Japan? Been trying to scoop this Limited PS4 for a full hour now, but it won't take my credit card because the billing address has to be in Japan (I have a JP forwarding address so that was covered).

http://www.sony.jp/playstation/ps4/index.html?s_tc=st_gp_sce_...

I will pay somebody $50 to order this for me and ship it to me. Obviously would need to be somebody I've spoken to and know is legit

edit
It's midnight now, a long 2 hrs but I think I actually got it... maybe

Untitled

Found a site that orders anything for you, for a fee. I don't know how long it will take them to actually place the order so it may sell out before they get it. But I'm putting my chips on the table and I'm going for it. Authorized the payment through PayPal and now I just need to sit back and wait and hope it goes through. I read a review that they can take up to three days to make an order, but I've read from another review they made the purchase in less than 24 hours... so I guess it's a race against the clock now

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

I got it! I got it!

That order didn't go through. It was sold out by the time they tried to order. But it's live on Amazon Japan right now! Need Tenso to forward out of the country, but it's live!

https://www.amazon.co.jp/gp/aw/d/B075RW23WF/ref=ya_aw_od_pi?i...

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
New 3DS:
PS4 Pro:
Vita:
PC:

Jesus is Lord.

DarthNocturnal

Amazon.ca has the standard preorder bonuses for a MH game, yet couldn't get early beta access or TLJ skins for SWBF2.... what a weird world.

I think I may just grab Digital Deluxe. Cut out any middlemen.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

3DS Friend Code: 0430-8422-1116

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic