Other Gaming Forum

Topic: Index Selling its Businesses Next Week

Showing 1 to 10 of 10

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

1. Posted:

Oh god. I wasn't pleased to see this news article tonight. Here's hoping Atlus gets bought out by a 3rd party like Capcom, or if a 1st party, Nintendo. Atlus getting bought out by Sony would be pretty disappointing considering it would mean cancelling Shin Megami Tensei X Fire Emblem, though not as bad as Microsoft or someone buying them. What's your thoughts & predictions? Are you concerned for Atlus's future?

Edited on by VincentV

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

2. Posted:

Sony or Microsoft would both be preferable. Mostly because they'd both throw money at Atlus and say make what ever the hell you want. That's not something I don't think Nintendo would do. Plus Sony and Microsoft probably have the biggest reasons and pockets for acquiring atlus.

Still i'm hoping if a frst party gets them its Sony.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

3. Posted:

Why would publishing firms with an already extensive reach want to buy Atlus? They're mostly a publishing firm.
It'd make more sense if a company that is relatively big but doesn't have much reach outside Japan wanted to buy them. So maybe a mid-tier operation like From Software, or a big one like Level 5 that's trying to extend its reach to the US.

Edited on by moomoo

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

shingi_70

4. Posted:

moomoo wrote:

Why would publishing firms with an already extensive reach want to buy Atlus? They're mostly a publishing firm.
It'd make more sense if a company that is relatively big but doesn't have much reach outside Japan wanted to buy them. So maybe a mid-tier operation like From Software, or a big one like Level 5 that's trying to extend its reach to the US.

For the IP and development studios plain and simple. Sony and Microsoft wouldn't have any problem buying Atlus and killing off their publishing arm. For someone like Level-5 that arm is very Valuable but could they afford to outbid any of the big three if those guys wanted to own the IP.

Its like even though Google usually partners up for nexus phones they still bought Motorola. They also bought sparrow for the Talent and if were being honest to kill off a competitor.

shingi_70

3DS Friend Code: 3093-7342-3454 | Nintendo Network ID: shingi70

AuthorMessage
Avatar

moomoo

5. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

moomoo wrote:

Why would publishing firms with an already extensive reach want to buy Atlus? They're mostly a publishing firm.
It'd make more sense if a company that is relatively big but doesn't have much reach outside Japan wanted to buy them. So maybe a mid-tier operation like From Software, or a big one like Level 5 that's trying to extend its reach to the US.

For the IP and development studios plain and simple. Sony and Microsoft wouldn't have any problem buying Atlus and killing off their publishing arm. For someone like Level-5 that arm is very Valuable but could they afford to outbid any of the big three if those guys wanted to own the IP.

Its like even though Google usually partners up for nexus phones they still bought Motorola. They also bought sparrow for the Talent and if were being honest to kill off a competitor.

I don't know. If one of the big three were to buy out Atlus, they'd basically just get rid of the entire US branch and all of the publishing parts of the Japanese branch. I can't imagine it'd be worth the cost to them. Don't get me wrong, I love MegaTen, but Atlus' franchises at most had popularity more on the medium side of things when compared to the major franchises in Japan. When it comes to the West, they're incredibly niche when compared to others. I just don't see why one of the big three would want Atlus' IPs that badly.
I personally feel that the likes of Level 5, From Software, and Rising Star are more likely to get Atlus than one of the big 3. I don't think it's impossible, but I think that Nintendo, Sony, nor Microsoft would be willing to pay up with all the redundancies that would have to be thrown away right afterwards.

Best thread ever
Feel free to add me on Miiverse or PSN.
Miiverse is Moomoo14, PSN is Moomoo1405390

3DS Friend Code: 4940-5561-6002 | Nintendo Network ID: Moomoo14

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

6. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

Sony or Microsoft would both be preferable. Mostly because they'd both throw money at Atlus and say make what ever the hell you want. That's not something I don't think Nintendo would do. Plus Sony and Microsoft probably have the biggest reasons and pockets for acquiring atlus.

Still i'm hoping if a frst party gets them its Sony.

I assume this post is referring to ur personal preference.

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good ole days before you actually leave them.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

MAN1AC

7. Posted:

Sony would be the best choice out of the big 3 imo.
Microsoft doesn't have the market and lord help us if Nintendo got a hold of the Persona series.

I wish there was a way to know you are in the good ole days before you actually leave them.

3DS Friend Code: 0705-3088-6988 | Nintendo Network ID: MANIAC64

AuthorMessage
Avatar

kkslider5552000

8. Posted:

Sony_70 wrote:

That's not something I don't think Nintendo would do.

Yeah, it's such a shame too. If only instead of making the typical Nintendo games, they would let some developer make their own great, truly classic JRPGs. Maybe let them make an ambitious open world JRPG, I dunno, just some CRAAAAZY thought I had.

I don't think Nintendo will try to buy them unless a competitor attempts the same though. Nintendo doesn't want Sony or Microsoft's name on their crossover title.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: SliderGamer55

Cool link for cool people: http://forums.dctp.ws/

AuthorMessage
Avatar

JGMR

9. Posted:

It's probably gonna be taken over by a company you have never heard of. And even if it's taken over by a known gaming company, it probably will be a third-party publisher like Marvelous. Plus, first-party-takeover would ruin ATLUS developing their current broad spectrum of games for Nintendo and SONY...

With kind regards,

JGMR

AuthorMessage
Avatar

VincentV

10. Posted:

kkslider5552000 wrote:

Sony_70 wrote:

That's not something I don't think Nintendo would do.

Yeah, it's such a shame too. If only instead of making the typical Nintendo games, they would let some developer make their own great, truly classic JRPGs. Maybe let them make an ambitious open world JRPG, I dunno, just some CRAAAAZY thought I had.

I don't think Nintendo will try to buy them unless a competitor attempts the same though. Nintendo doesn't want Sony or Microsoft's name on their crossover title.

Exactly. Nintendo has 2 big JRPG developers. They're even having one make a game w/ Atlus. It would be stupid for Nintendo to let Sony or Microsoft buy them. Especially after the whole Rare thing.

iPhone 6: 2% thinner, 5% more battery life, 18% more expensive* (with inflation taken into account), 2 months newer, & handmade by Chinese slave labor in undisclosed location!

AWESOME IDEA

3DS Friend Code: 1032-1229-3077 | Nintendo Network ID: Vincent294