Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 2,881 to 2,900 of 3,601

hirokun

@EvilLucario yup. Also just realized if I really like dromarch I can put him on Rex too, though his abilites will differ. Still I've got a good realiable set up for break topple and launch, just need to find somewhere to work in a smash now or extend topple would work too, but not as much deeps as smash.

Yeah I think I found my path. Zeke Rex Morag it is. On a tangentally related note, Zenobia is amazingly useful. So many obstacles need leap and wind, and she happens to have 5 levels of each. So useful, I hate swapping blades for obstacles.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Grumblevolcano

I hope there's a second worldwide soundtrack release which covers the expansion pass content (You Will Know Our Names, Uncontrollable, Torna DLC).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@Tsurii I mean, if I close my eyes and pretend the World Tree is the Eldridge, Mythra is Id, Poppi is Emeralda, Jin is Krelian, and Amalthus is Grahf, then I'd say we got good Xenogears representation already.

Or that Xenoblade 1 endgame literally ripped off Xenogears, and Xenoblade X is another attempt to flesh out some Xenogears ideas.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

hirokun

Wish I understood xenogears. But I will assume it had a fun story. People seem to be keen on the idea of an HD remake in the manner of how the zelda N64 games went(improving gameplay as well as graphics).

also just pulled that nopon healing blade. That was a good one, maxed out his affinity chart so fast.

Edited on by hirokun

Grumblevolcano

Is this a glitch or am I still not properly understanding the combat system?

I played Elma Redux and towards the end of the battle (only Elma was left) I accidentally used a chain attack too early so the dark orb was destroyed. I quickly tried to get the dark orb back on but Elma used Ghost Factory before I could get the combo in place yet the seal reinforcements from the previous dark orb was still active so the reinforcements failed.

I thought breaking orbs removes the active seal, did I misunderstand?

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

EvilLucario

@hirokun Xenogears isn't "fun" like, say, Chrono Trigger, but it's certainly a fantastic story. But it's extremely hard to follow through and requires multiple playthroughs to really understand what's going on, and on top of that Disc 2 is almost completely awful in gameplay and storytelling. Replaying to understand that story for a 40 hour game can be extremely exhausting, especially for a poorly-aged game like Xenogears. Compared to Xenoblade 1 and 2 which are much easier to follow and understand while being complete stories on their own.

I am really looking forward to Torna: The Golden Country though. It's the second coming of Xenogears Episode IV, and that's going to be rad.

@Grumblevolcano Did you complete the combo on a decoy and the real Elma wasn't close enough? Perhaps that's why, because even when you break orbs the seal still stays there.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@EvilLucario That's where the confusion came from, I thought breaking orbs removed the seal so I didn't understand why the reinforcements failed (I expected Ghost Factory to be successful). I wouldn't be surprised if one of the tutorials mentioned this but with no way to revisit them, not useful at all.

Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

@Tsurii I know you can buy very brief summaries of some of the tutorials from the informants but I don't think it's all of them and the first time versions are more useful. I don't know how it's done with the other games but either some way to rewatch them or some kind of training area you can access at any time would've been a better way to handle tutorials.

Grumblevolcano

hirokun

Grumblevolcano wrote:

@Tsurii I know you can buy very brief summaries of some of the tutorials from the informants but I don't think it's all of them and the first time versions are more useful. I don't know how it's done with the other games but either some way to rewatch them or some kind of training area you can access at any time would've been a better way to handle tutorials.

yeah that was strange to me too. In the first game there was just a tutorial journal you could read any time and it was the same exact info from the first time, so it helped me a lot when I set down the game for a couple months and picked it back up and needed a refresher.

EvilLucario

@Grumblevolcano Xenoblade 1 was the best with tutorials that told you pretty much everything.

X was pretty bad but it at least had a manual. But that manual was missing a lot of key information which was bad.

Also, according to Reddit there's ANOTHER modifier that increases damage by 15% that's completely dependent by how far away you are from your target. Something like Megalances are stronger if 3-7 meters away, Aegis Swords are stronger up close at 0-3 meters (I think), and more. Among with Luck boosting Break chances, Idea levels increasing damage, and DoT effects from Blade Combo steps, the game REALLY should have said those things exist. Because without dataminers going through things and noticing these things, you'd never figure those things out.

Fortunately they're not required for anything (except Cloud Sea King Ken v2 in Bringer of Chaos), but still.

NEStalgia

Anyone know how long the Torna DLC is expected to be compared to the main game? I spent about 8 weeks in the main game, but a lot of that was following walkthroughs to grind stupid quests

I'm still trying to figure out what to slot into the next 3 weeks. My heart wants to start another big adventure like Shining Resonance, or Ys 8.....but my brain tells me 3 weeks until Torna might not give me enough time so I should probably just grind some Titan Quest or pop open L.A. Noire or something in the mean-time.

@Tsurii I still hope that the certain thing in the game is discussed more in Torna. It was just kind of "there", once, it seemed prominent to anyone paying attention and then was basically never mentioned/seen again. Seems like fan service but it makes sense in a story sense. That deserves more coverage.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia They said 40 hours or something, last I remember. Knowing me though, I'd probably plow through that main story within like 30 or something I guess. Still though, for $40 (if you buy it physical) that's very good value and if people don't like Xenoblade 2's base game for being long at 50-60 hours just for the main story, they can just buy into the expansion instead.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I guess it depends how it's set up. XC2 was 50-60 hours, but half of that was grinding RNG/affinities Still more than half the base game is pretty impressive if it's not filler.

NEStalgia

EvilLucario

@NEStalgia Ehhhhh debatable. I did a second playthrough and clocked in at 40 hours to beat it with no grinding affinities/Tiger Tiger and no DLC items. Granted a big chunk of the speed is knowing how everything is, but if you just do things and speed along the main story, Xenoblade isn't going to take you like 70+ hours or something. At most maybe 60, but generally you'd be in the 50-60 hour range. There is very little RNG in anything to complete the main story in like one or two instances.

Side content on the other hand IS a lot of RNG with the Core Crystals, but that's about it.

NEStalgia

@EvilLucario I played Tiger Tiger like 5 times max, and then just benched Tora the rest of the game No way I'm playing a glorified GBC game to level up one of my few party members

But yeah, I'm not sure how much time I spent on the campaign versus side quests of which I left a few undone and probably never found dozens. Ursula, Salvage King, and making all that food for Uraya, never going to happen. Getting Praxis another few thousand trust to get Theory's mission, not going to happen.

I'm soooo looking forward to seeing how affinities change in Torna.

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

But to increase trust you can just keep stuffing yourself with those cheap pouch items though.

So easy to do that now since you can skip their talk xD

darkfenrir

Trajan

Before I would use cheap stuff in leftharia and the turbo button on my Hori pad. Now with the DLC there's an item that gains like 5000 trust.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir Ahh, I hadn't thought of pouch items for trust, I thought it was all battles and merc missions. Oh well, sorry, Theroy!

@Trajan Wow, I did not think there was a legit use for Turbo buttons since 1988. I stand corrected!

No DLC for me until the 21st though....physical Torna for me. And by then I'll have been long away from the main game.

NEStalgia

Trajan

@NEStalgia Yeah I don't know what you would even use them for other than that.

Cant wait for DLC. Got the pass back in December. Still preordered the physical.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

EvilLucario

I double-dipped on the physical release because I'm a shameless sucker for the series now.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic