Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,881 to 1,900 of 3,602

Heavyarms55

Anyone know what the best chips and weapon types are just to boost luck with common blades? People have suggested I equip common blades with luck boosting chips but I can't remember what weapons/chips do that.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Alright, I guess I will just have to experiment.

iLikeUrAttitude

@Heavyarms55 IF I remember correctly it's a pentagon chip. And I think it's knuckles and bitballs or katanas

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Heavyarms55

@iLikeUrAttitude I hope you are right, I know right where I can grind for those!

iLikeUrAttitude

@Heavyarms55 Nvm just checked it's actually an AMethyst chip and the weapons that get increased luck from them are bitballs, knuckles and lances

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Heavyarms55

@iLikeUrAttitude huh, drat I don't know where to get those. I will have to look around online and see. I know I had some at one point, or at least I think I did.

iLikeUrAttitude

@Heavyarms55 Kingdom Of Uraya > Stomach > Stone Gate Ruins > From those two drivers down the path, one of them drops it

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Heavyarms55

@iLikeUrAttitude Oh, the ones on that road leading into the city? Thanks!

Heavyarms55

WHY???? I am at 275 core Crystals! about 70 of which were rare and 1 legendary! Everything online says Kos-Mos and Newt are RNG based and they are the only 2 rare blades left! Why does this game hate me!? I have 494 luck! 494!!!! I have over 3 million gold from grinding for these crystals! Why does this game hate me so much!

I haven't felt this bad since breeding for shiny Pokemon before the shiny charm was added... This is beyond Feelsbadman...

I have seen their silhouettes so many times when opening the crystals! Often it mocks me showing BOTH of them and then giving me some piece of crap common!

Has anyone on this thread actually acquired all the blades before? Is there some penalty where I can't get them all before the last chapter? I am on Chapter 8 for reference and I believe there are a couple more chapters. That's why I want these last 2 blades, so I can use them for my remaining quests! And I want to do all of the blade quests...

275... That's more than double the total it took me to get ALL the other non-story blades...

darkfenrir

Holy poo, just finished a part of chapter 7!

She's such a good healer too... I really want to use her in my team...

Is there any other Healer other than Nia? Although then again maybe 2 tank 1 healer can be good... HMMMM

Edited on by Joeynator3000

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Tsurii Yeah I looked at the affinity chart and damn! That's literally the best thing I saw, especially once affinity max!

Do you think 2 TNK and 1 HLR is viable? (Or should I put in that unlucky guy to my team lololol)

darkfenrir

darkfenrir

@Tsurii truuue. And yeah I can't wait for Tora there! I'll push off my training of her to when Tora get that sweet thing then o/

Thanks for all the help :3

darkfenrir

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55
Try waiting until chapter 9 to open any more crystals. There's a sidequest for her in that chapter which tells me that's when they expect you to get her. And after all my bad luck, that's right when I got her too.

Just save up. Once you hit the end of chapter 9, open everything with Zeke with boosted luck. I have a good feeling about this. I think you'll get what you seek.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Tsurii
Ease up will ya? Trying to encourage the man.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Heavyarms55

@Tsurii Yeah I have read that people got her as early as chapter 3 or 4 as well.
@JaxonH As for saving up, I have gone through 3 sessions of over 80 crystals each. Going to try again tonight after work...

My concern was that the game designers were more sadistic and put a limit on how many rare blades can be opened by Chapter 8 - but I have since read on other forums that some people have buckled down and got them all by chapter 5. Of course they could be lying about that, but what would be the point to that lie?

JaxonH

@Heavyarms55

Well, at first there could be 200 chances for different blades, and 20 of those are rare. So at first you've got a 1 in 10 chance. By the time you get down to your last one you've got a 1 in 200 chance.

But I do believe KOS-MOS has a lower drop rate than the rest. It still falls to statistics, which explains why people can and do get her earlier, but it also explains why there seems to be a pattern with so many people getting her at the end. Because statistically speaking, with the lower drop rate it's going to take longer to roll her.

And they could increase that drop rate back to the normal drop rate as the other rare blades beyond a certain point. So say, a rare blade is a 2% chance, and she's 0.5% chance, but once you hit chapter 8 it increases to the same 2% as every other rare blade... Idk. But I do know she is the common denominator when it comes to blades people are finding last. I don't see everyone talking about how hard Kora is to get, and everyone's getting Kora last, or Perun... of course this is all speculation, but I do believe they intend for you to get her before your playthrough is finished. And I believe that you will, at some point, get her before your playthrough is finished... just like I did.

Edited on by JaxonH

Luna_110

How is the 4th player recruitable as a party member? Is it useful for the endgame?

Edited on by Luna_110

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

jtmnm

@Luna_110 Spoiler alert? lol Might want to put 4th as spoiler.

4th is an agility tank. Stack agility and 4th becomes literally untouchable.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic