Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,901 to 1,920 of 3,602

Luna_110

@JTMnM Ups, I'll do it. It isn't my intention to spoil anyone, but it is nice knowing 4th is usable.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

Wow, just talked to Klaus and got the whole run down... incredible twist.

The story in this game feels like the Harry Potter series. It grows up with you and becomes more serious with time. By the end... it's real. I love it!

edit

Beat the game... I feel speechless. That was a killer ending.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Inertiacreep

Well i know the developers said the drop rate in the beginning is high so everyone can have fun and get some blades right away... but same as the others, in chapter 8 it seems impossible to get a blade.. and i am missing quite a few.. i opened a truck load of core crystals and i got 1 finch.

Inertiacreep

iLikeUrAttitude

@JaxonH Glad you enjoyed the ending like I said.
I just wish Rex kissed Pyra...

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

jtmnm

@Inertiacreep Finch is an incredible Blade. She has a passive that can fully restore both an art and special after use. Not only that, but equipping Finch augments the user's agility, making her the ideal choice for a certain party member.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

Heavyarms55

@JaxonH Perun was actually one of my first(and I am glad because she is one of my favorites), but Kora was the last RNG blade I have gotten before I hit this wall. At this point I have literally opened many more crystals for these last 2 blades than I have for all previous ones combined.

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

RR529

Inertiacreep wrote:

@iLikeUrAttitude maybe if he was done with puberty that would be appropriate...

I don't think the age gap between Rex & Pyra is supposed to be THAT big. Not counting her actual age of course, but rather how old she's supposed to be in comparison to humans.

Given that she's noticeably shorter than Blades like Brigit & Perun, and that those that don't know who/what she is treat/refer to her as "one of the kids", it's likely that she's supposed to appear like she's 16 or 17. If we assume Rex is 14 (based on nothing more than similar characters in other games & anime, admittedly), it's not that far out there.

I personally think it would have been an easier sell if Rex had been a head taller, but whatever.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

iLikeUrAttitude

@Inertiacreep The age gap isn't that big. They both seem to be in their teenage years (physically, not counting Pyra's actual age).

But it would've been nicer if rex was a bit taller like @RR529 wrote

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Inertiacreep

@RR529 @iLikeUrAttitude she looks like a stripper with DDD breasts but she's supposed to be "one of the kids"? I haven't seen anything in the game that implys that... also height means nothing. There are millions of women under 5 feet tall.

Inertiacreep

RR529

@Inertiacreep, her figure & dress style aren't really proof of her age. Just look to the Senran Kagura cast, half of the females in DOA, Orihime in Bleach, Yoko in Gurren Lagaan, or heck, Kill la Kill. Not saying it's right (or wrong), but they do this a lot in Japanese media.

As for how people treat her in game, off the top of my head I'd say Corrine (Rex's adoptive aunt) spoke to her in such a manner.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Heavyarms55

So update, I am up to about 400 crystals in my hunt for my last 2 rare blades. No not 400 total, just for these last 2, Newt and Kos-Mos, both of which as SUPPOSED to be just RNG based, both of which I am sure I see the silhouettes almost every time I use a crystal. About 120 of the 400 have been rare.

This is crushing me. I had happily spent 160 hours playing through the game up until this point, exploring, talking to all the NPCs, maxing out the Merc group, doing every side quest I can find, LOVING IT. But I have spent about the last 15 hours just hunting for 2 blades... There is no reason for a rarity spike like this. This is outrageous. It's making me angry. I was all but getting high, that's how much I was enjoying this game up until this point. I've got my luck up to 494, the only thing I can think to do different is waiting until I can find some place to grind for legendary crystals. But I imagine that will be basically the end of the game... I really don't want to do that. I want to blades because I want to use them! They are characters I want to see, not just trophy weapons or shiny Pokemon!

This RNG difficulty spike is like eating the best serving of your favorite food, and then having someone sneeze on it when you are 70% done, tainting the remainder.

I was reading on another site people talking about opening over 1000 commons and 400 rares and 50 legendary hunting for their very last blade. Good God almighty I hope it doesn't come to that. That is disgusting. This is Shiny Pokemon breeding level of absurd. But while shiny Pokemon are purely aesthetic, rare blades have entire quests to them. Another reason why I don't want to wait until the end of the game and max level... Quests will be boring if I am max level.

Edited on by Heavyarms55

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

kyleforrester87

@Heavyarms55 Stop playing for a bit then..maybe they'll change the way Blades can be obtained in future patches. When the fun stops... stop

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Inertiacreep

@Heavyarms55 dude just chill out.. who says you are supposed to get every character on a play through? just beat the game and play it again. kos mos involvement in this game is a stupid concept anyway. lots of games have things you can miss.. looks like you missed this time... i mean as far as hours devoted to trying to get them you are mad. guess this is just a low chance system game. well there you have it.

Inertiacreep

kyleforrester87

@Inertiacreep I am waiting to see what they will do with the NG+ myself. Assuming my Blades carry over I can pick up any left overs on my second run through. I only have about 50% after 120 hours, but I haven't made a huge effort grinding cores and making sure my luck is maxed etc

Edited on by kyleforrester87

kyleforrester87

Grumblevolcano

When was a NG+ confirmed?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I actually quit caring once I got to a certain point. Figured whatever I get, I get. On the final chapter I decided to open whatever I had accumulated, and bam. Just enjoy the game, enjoy what you get, and see how it all pans out by the last chapter.

I discovered I had grown quite attached to other Blades by the time I got the one I was looking for.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

iLikeUrAttitude

Hey guys I hate to say it but I think I'm already getting burn out from this game. I already completed the story, got every rare blades, maxed out the ones I like. I put 176 in this game already. I'm not sure what there is left to do or what I should do.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Grumblevolcano

@iLikeUrAttitude You could go play another game and then come back when more of the DLC has been released. Switch alone has lots to choose from, that's partially why I find Nintendo's trolling regarding a Nintendo Direct announcement hilarious rather than annoying.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic