Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,602

iLikeUrAttitude

@darkfenrir My favorite blades would be
Wulfric, Praxis, Vale, Perun, and Theory/Nora
I love the design and personality of Wulfric the most. Also the megalance is my favorite weapon.
I couldn't decide for a 5th because there are only 4 megalances in the game. I chose Nora cause I like her personality and design plus I got her early. Theory is also an excellent dodge tank and a bonus from Praxis.

Edited on by iLikeUrAttitude

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Deathwalka

Guys I have come across a treasure chest that says level 1 lockpicking?! How on earth do I level up lockpicking??? I can’t see any traits that enables me to do that?

Deathwalka

darkfenrir

@iLikeUrAttitude Ooo, Wulfric is really cool! I still remember his heart-to-heart, it's surprisingly very nice of him... XD I really should try using him, but have been so lazy in testing new Blades :[

darkfenrir

iLikeUrAttitude

@Deathwalka There a fair number of rare blades that have lockpicking.
Poppi get it's as you progress in the story.
But if you don't have the field skill now, you're going to have to skip it and come back to it once you have it.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

iLikeUrAttitude

@darkfenrir Yeah I didn't bother using most of my rare blades because either the roles were mixed up or because I already had slots full and I didn't feel like raising a new rare blade. I'm currently in post game and have all the rare blades and I"m just maxing out my favorites.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

darkfenrir

@iLikeUrAttitude Ayyy, Good luck. I think I'll stay with my current lineup, have trained them for a bit and Ursula and Boreas are almost maxed anyway... (Literally one Affinity left in the chart)

Although the others are still moving around since I'm not sure of who should be TNK yet.

darkfenrir

iLikeUrAttitude

@darkfenrir Also tora and Morag are the tanks. You could try making Zeke a tank if you want.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

darkfenrir

@iLikeUrAttitude oh yeah, that part is terrible, but at least after I go through that, it's a breeze XD

And yup, right now using her as tanker and kinda liking it more (not to count I really like her the most out of all character), but I'm still going to think who gives the best to the team :3 (might end up sticking with her though)

darkfenrir

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir no, its understandable people are going to want blades based on looks... but then theres people blowing up about it being kos mos when they dont even know what kos mos is.. and honestly its pretty stupid shes in the game. I mean shes a beast.. she doesnt belong standing behind a kid... SHES the hero. nobody can **** with her... shes like the ultimate.

Inertiacreep

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep ehhhh, I mean you can still understand those things without even playing past games, it's not like understanding something must through be playing it. I just feel like "meh you don't know kos mos because you never played xenosaga" is kind of rude-ish?

And well, yea, I don't know anything about kos-mos, only that she looks good and I like her and glad to have her. But it's just that... not worth to be angery over it to someone else, you know? Probably...

(It's not like Blade standing behind means they are weaker anyway, unless there's new information on this at chapter 7 or above, since I'm still at chapter 7 beginning)

darkfenrir

Inertiacreep

@darkfenrir im not "angery".. Im just saying I saw when she was revealed he was basically like "OMG its KOS MOS!!! " and its just fake to me.

and you can feel its "rudish" all you want, but maybe you should play the games and youll understand why I might say someone who hasnt played them doesnt have the same perspective on her... again, Im not saying theres anything wrong with strangers wanting her. of course they will.

well all ill say is if she is not fighting she is weaker and she is not "weak"... nor does she take orders from anyone which makes her totally out of place as a subservient blade.

Inertiacreep

iKhan

The more I play, the more Rex strikes me as a more poorly written version of Lloyd Irving.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask, Tales of Graces F

darkfenrir

@Inertiacreep hue, I just feel like it's normal for people to feel excited, nonetheless.

That's true, I guess. Since I know pretty much nothing for the original series, I can't say much about it.

But is Blade really that subservient though? I feel like most of them are mostly just kinda... listen, and that they don't know much so it's pretty much like a newborn in some ways. Like they have templates of how they act-ish, but otherwise, it seems that they just follow because they have no reason not to. (As far as I see, anyways, although then again the thing with Theory kinda lends to the Blades have to listen HMM)

darkfenrir

meleebrawler

Drivers are DPS, Blades are burst damage. And they are super good at that.

As far as my own rare blade stories, first one I got was Ursula on Rex as early as chapter 2, which probably makes her affinity quest more "bear"-able by virtue of always being able to do other stuff. Not long after I got Nim on Nia, a potent healer with her specials and launches with the latter's knuckle claw arts. First one for Morag was Perceval the dodge tank/mob destroyer, and literally the very first common crystal I bonded for Zeke got Zenovia the boss-buster and greataxe user, a weapon that Zeke uses quite well in my experience. So basically, with the possible exception of Rex, the first rare pull was the charm for all of my characters. Imagine that.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Heavyarms55

Is there a penalty on the last 2 blades? According to several posts online both Newt and KOS-MOS are just RNG, and they are the last 2 rare blades I am missing... But I just spent about 8 hours grinding and using 191 core crystals, 1 legendary about 50 rares and the rest common and I didn't manage to get either of them. Feels bad man... I was using all the justice boosters on the rares to get KOS-MOS who I want more than Newt but the boosters don't seem to do crap. The game is taunting me by flashing one or both the silhouettes every time... Just... ugh... Why??????????

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Heavyarms55

@Deathwalka You don't have the blades that have that skill yet, you will get them as you progress. 2 major story based blades have the skill.

Heavyarms55

@RR529 I have opened about 4 and they have been no more lucky that common crystals...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic