Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,980

JaxonH

So, equipped some Luck accessories for +20 and +20% then spent all 63 common core crystals and 9 rare...

I got 5 rare blades from it all. THAT'S what's up. Got my first, Perun, and was so excited. Then 4 more came. Still need KOS-MOS though!

NOW PLAYING
NS: Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU, Dark Souls, Diablo 3, Xenoblade 2 Torna
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

JaxonH

@Late
I have that crystal. But it's greyed out when I go to bond new blades....?

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Joeynator3000

"Ugh, Pyra's too heavy!"
Well, if her BOOBS WERE A TAD SMALLER!!!

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Ralizah

Just started Chapter 4. The boss fight and cinematics at the end of Chapter 3 were nuts. I absolutely loved how you go from feeling constantly overwhelmed by Malos and Akhos to feeling almost untouchable once you resume the battle with Mythra.

Pyra is a sweet-mannered red-head and a feisty blond tsundere in one. Objectively best girl.

Also like how this game has its own version of Meownster Hunters. Great way to get some use out of all those excess blades.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Joeynator3000

Tsurii wrote:

@Joeynator3000 NOOOO, NEVER!!! KEEP THEM HOW THEY ARE

I really liked that moment tho lol

Even her arms went through them in one scene, it's weird. xD

Keep it PG-13-ish.

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah It happens one too many times in the game I felt - you'd be in a cutscenes getting cained then something would happen to make you insanely powerful and you'd stomp the opposition then you'd regain control of your group yet not feel any more powerful. Just one aspect of the game that got a bit predictable to me. I don't watch a lot of anime so I did think maybe that's just what it's always like haha.

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 I could see it losing effectiveness if overused, as you've suggested it is. I felt it was a wonderful fit for the momentum of that particular scene, though.

At first, I thought I was underleveled for the fight. I got utterly stomped on my first go.

Ralizah

kyleforrester87

@Ralizah I hope what I said wasn't spoilerific in hindsight, I have to be honest though maybe it only really happened twice and I made more of it in my head than it was. Would be interesting to hear your thoughts on that by the end though. How many hours in are you?

kyleforrester87

Ralizah

@kyleforrester87 Nah. It wasn't. And I'm not super-sensitive about being "spoiled" anyway. Just don't tell me any gigantic plot twists or character deaths and we're good.

30 hours in as of today. I'm playing this in tandem with two other games (Danganronpa V3 on the PS Vita and Valkyria Chronicles on the PC), so my progress has been fairly slow. The game is a ton of fun, though! This feels like the first Xenoblade where I don't have any major complaints about the design of the game itself.

Sometimes, if something makes a particularly strong impression on you, it's easy to exaggerate its presence in the game itself. Take The Last of Us: half of the game probably isn't dragging boards and planks around, but I did it and hated it enough that, in my memory, it feels like half of the game was miserable busywork.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Inertiacreep

So however this ties into xenoblade1, at what point would a person want to stop and go back and finish the first game if you want to see it all tie in together

Inertiacreep

Joeynator3000

@Inertiacreep I heard there's like, very little connection to past games.

Keep it PG-13-ish.

jtmnm

Without giving away too much, you'll get the most satisfaction from beating XC1 before XC2.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

JaxonH

The end of chapter 3 was awesome. Gosh dang awesome.

And now I'm getting rare blades and the whole "Hunters 4 Hire" merc missions (@Ralizah I think Hunters 4 Hire is what you meant, although Meownster Hunters is similar, it actually requires a mini game to determine outcome whereas H4H is identical to merc missions... although, Meownster Hunters does follow the blueprint of sending out spares not currently in use, so I guess that's actually a solid comparison in that respect). And I just did a sidequest where I had to fight 6 Level 32/33 enemies at once (I'm just barely level 32). it was super hard and they killed Nia at least 5 different times, and me twice.

I love this game! Man I love this game.

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH merc missions = Meownster Hunters 4 Hire

Glad I'm not the only one taking this game slow.

Ralizah

Garolymar

Could anyone tell me if you can still play the game after you beat the final boss? I'm on chapter 8 and I really want to continue the story but I don't want to miss out on all the side quests because of New game plus. Does the game end after the final encounter or can you still do stuff after the story is finished?

Garolymar

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic