Forums

Topic: Xenoblade Chronicles 2

Posts 1,841 to 1,860 of 3,892

zionich

@Joeynator3000 I have been enjoying it a lot. Only Chapter 4 with about 55 hours. Enjoy!!

3DS FC : 4914-6709-6917
Xbox Live : Zionich
PS4: Zionich
Switch FC: SW-1208-7413-3716

Joeynator3000

I'm just now noticing this, but is anyone else seeing horizontal lines flickering at random places in this game?
Seems like it's on the characters.
EDIT: Never mind, I fixed it. It was a glitch with the dock, I took the system out and placed it back in and the lines went away.

Edited on by Joeynator3000

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep the main channel PG-ish.

Cyborg: Why can't you call it a configuration disc?
Beast Boy: Why can't you call it an eyeball pizza thingy?

Tsurii

@Joeynator3000 yah, had that happen on the home screen at some point. Haven't even taken the thing out of the dock for a while before it happened.

There's a similar-ish glitch in the game tho. Sometimes it doesn't unload the little target icon after a battle and you'll have it float around in the air (and visible even after fast travel) until you target something else. Just in case you encounter that one and search for something to do like a moron like me XD

What a beautiful signature.
Chew.

Switch FC SW-2755-1473-1221
3DS FC 0662-8621-2250

Twitter, not like there's anything interesting on there

Late

Just finished chapter 4. They just keep adding more characters. Not that it's a bad thing but I honestly forgot about Zeke until he appeared again for a rematch earlier in the chapter and I had to think for few seconds before I could remember who Cole was. I'm liking all the characters they've introduced so far. It was also great to finally have Mòrag as an ally. I had a feeling I'd have her on my party sooner or later. I hope she stays (doubt it). As much as I like the main trio, I would like to have 4th character already.

I programmed a simple tool that copies all Switch screenshots from an SD card and places them to folders according to the game:
Link

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

kyleforrester87

Just watching the credits now - 90 hours of awesomeness that was. Looking forward to playing the many side quests I missed and the DLC.

A proper jrpg!

kyleforrester87

jtmnm

I'm really curious how the NG+ DLC is going to handle Blades. End-game spoiler: I hope it maintains Rex's ability to use any Blade. For those of us who managed to bond rare Blades to other characters, it would cause some frustration to have their respective Blades absent until they're recruited.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

RR529

So, how friendly is this in terms of short play sessions?

I know that this is ideally played in longer play sessions, but if I had, let's say about an hour a day to play (the current amount of TV time I have to play before going to work), would it be difficult finding chances to save?

Blog: https://rrblogweb.wordpress.com/

Currently Playing: Hitman GO

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

Kogorn733

So who’s the new chuck Norris? boreas or Perceval?

Kogorn733

Fooligan

@RR529 You are able to save anywhere in the game. The cutscenes are long though. I just had the Switch go to sleep during one and I was freaking out because I didn't know what happened.

I don't know how much you'll be able to get done in one hour of playtime a day though. I play 2-3 hours at a time and even though I progress the story I feel like I did nothing at all, but that may just be on me.

These pretzels are making me thirsty

"See, my damie, Pootie Tang don't wa-da-tah to the shama cow... 'cause thats a cama cama leepa-chaiii, dig?" - Pootie Tang

RR529

@Fooligan, I'll definitely be able to play more than an hour a day, at least in portable mode. It's only in terms of TV time that I currently have an hour (I should be getting more soon, though).

Recently Beat: Castle of Illussion: Starring Mickey Mouse, Lara Croft GO, Front Mission Evolved

zionich

@RR529 Short play sessions is what I normally get. I am mainly playing it portably also. I don't have any problems with it because I don't mind grinding some enemies of salvaging for 30 minutes to an hour. Throw it in sleep mode and pick it back up when I have another burst.

SilverEdge92

So I'm in Ch. 9, just hit the 60 hr. mark, and I can't open the door that I need to progress through that requires "Elec Mastery LV. 4" and "Focus LV. 5" because both Pyra and Mythra only have "Focus LV. 2". So instead of being hot on Jin and Malos' trail like the plot says, I now have waste who-knows-how-long grinding to max their Affinity, thereby totally breaking my immersion. Not to mention that if the main story actually progressed in real time, then Jin and Malos effectively won, all because they locked a door.

Good Lord, Field Skills were an awful idea.

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

jtmnm

@SilverEdge92 You're supposed to swap Blade loadouts to meet whatever field skills are needed. Wulfric has Focus, for example. If you rely solely on your immediate party, you're going to have a bad time.

Edited on by jtmnm

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902

Joeynator3000

Ugh, I keep getting killed, I can't do anything here! What happened to overpowered enemies ignoring you?

RR529

Well, finally decided to pull the trigger and ordered it. Should be here this weekend.

zionich

@Joeynator3000 I never had over powered enemies ignore me in any of the Xenoblades and found X to be even more confusing because a lower level big monster still stomped me

SilverEdge92

@JTMnM I noticed. Still, they're needlessly pace-breaking and mandatory checks like this one pull you right out the experience if you need to go out of your way to grind in order to get past them, or at least they do for me. And with Blade draws being totally RNG, I assume it's entirely possible to have a playthrough where you can't through a significant number of Field Skill checks if the universe absolutely hates you and wants to see you suffer. By the time I draw Wulfric or whatever to get through this door, Jin and Malos will still have had enough time to succeed in their plan one hundred times over regardless.

Edited on by SilverEdge92

SilverEdge92

Nintendo Network ID: SilverEdge92

Joeynator3000

zionich wrote:

@Joeynator3000 I never had over powered enemies ignore me in any of the Xenoblades and found X to be even more confusing because a lower level big monster still stomped me

In X some of them seemed to ignore you unless you were in a skell. As for the first game, I dunno about ignoring, but I never had any issues with a high level enemy interrupting my fight by one-shotting me. :c

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic