Forums

Topic: Octopath Traveler

Posts 521 to 540 of 628

Mordridakon

@Tasuki Yes. For each job there is a job shrine, either just go to it or beat the shrine boss and the shrine unlocks the class as secondary job.
The primary secondary job combo is critical for later in the game.

Mordridakon

Mordridakon

Kimyonaakuma wrote:

Runelord seems to be the second easiest, but he has an attack near the end that makes everyone unconscious for 3 or 4 turns, and my team didn't survive that (

I agree that Runelord seems easy until he starts doing mass attacks that inflict sleep or unconsciousness. I died in seconds.
WHAT THE F?

Mordridakon

Eagle9

Having trouble with Ophilia Chapter 3 boss, have beaten all else Chapter 3 bosses except Primrose. Have been buying all best elemental defence gear that been found but they still beat me with their magic at the end. Lowest level character is 35. Am i missing something. Help please.

It all started from Game&Watch.

3DS Friend Code 5455 9594 9430.
Switch Friend Code 7313-1538-3028.

Spoony_Tech

@Eagle9 I'm on Primrose now and have yet to do Ophilia. My lowest however is 38. You may need to grind a few levels.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NEStalgia

Where do you find the job shrines I hear so much about? I finished the ch1 stories and am still hovering at lv11 for much of my crew with a 22 reccommendation for ch2, so I might as well go seeking these things Are they just in the wilds in those various caves and things I've stumbled into but seemed to be lv20 or so? I haven't found all of them yet, but at least I might as well search while I grind!

NEStalgia

Spoony_Tech

@NEStalgia Those job shrines can be found on your way to chapter 2's. They have no enemies in them at all so there's no danger level. You need to look for all the clues for different paths to find them so you must go out of your way just a bit to see them. They look like simple caves.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Spoony_Tech Aha, I probably would have found them anyway. I did find a few caves and things in my chapter 1 exploration, but I didn't go in far because the danger levels were generally 15+ and my team was still single digits at the time. I figured that might be the shrines, but it sounds like those are on the second "half" of the roads leading toward the next towns. I was trying to head towards Primrose ch2 (lowest requirement) but ended up heading back toward the flatlands so I'll head up that way and see.

Oh, and what is the functional difference between challenge/provoke, inquiry/investigate, guide/allure? Steal/barter has an obvious difference in terms of paying or stealing but I'm less clear if there's any reason to use one or the other unless a quest requires it between the other two?

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia

Challenge - You can use items, normal attack for the main ones, and you can't challenge if your level isn't high enough iirc.
Provoke - Can fail (obviously), can only attack with the monsters you own.

Inquiry / Investigate only has the fail condition or not iirc, same as Guide/Allure.

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

@darkfenrir So not really a difference then, mostly just dependent on who you have that's leveled up enough? (Which is cool if so...(glares at XC2 affinity chart field skills... ) )

NEStalgia

darkfenrir

@NEStalgia Should be, yeah.

The ones with 100% success chance is definitely better if they are better trained though, just because of the 0 chance failing

darkfenrir

NEStalgia

Very cool! I haven't spent enough time with this game. I love it, but I'm playing it (because it works so well) as my "on the side" game while my main game is XC2 (done now) to prepare for Torna, plus some Steamworld Dig 2 (got hooked after trying it out finally after failing to love Hollow Knight.) Too may huge time sink games at once! But I expect to be playing Octopath as the perfect "side game" through the end of 2018 Or until Valkyria takes its thunder...but I'm not thinking that will happen until I hit a crazed difficulty spike at minimum.

NEStalgia

Kimyonaakuma

I'm still progressing through this, but a lot more slowly than before because of life getting in the way and other fun things.

This has definitely been my main game since it released, but I've been downloading a couple of eShop games, mainly due to sales. I don't like leaving them on my home screen but I've learned the hard way that juggling too many games is a bad idea. So right now I'm just playing Octopath Traveller and Superbeat XONiC, and Splatoon 2 whenever the Splatfests happen

Edited on by Kimyonaakuma

Kimyonaakuma

Spoony_Tech

@Kimyonaakuma Same for me. I'm determined to get through Octopath before starting another game and I've got at least 4 to 6 games since I bought it. Either sales or Okami and Monster Hunter. I've played those games a bit but quickly drop them before I get too invested.

MERG said:

Kimyonaakuma

@Spoony_Tech Ōkami HD has been really tempting during the past couple of weeks but I'm determined to finish Octopath Traveller! I learned during the 3DS days that putting a RPG on hold to play something else is a terrible idea

But I guess having some games lined up isn't a bad thing, and having Shantae, Hollow Knight and Ōkami is something to look forward to...and Battle Chef Brigade but I don't see that lasting long. Hopefully the Direct tomorrow will add some more games to that list, because I don't have many upcoming games left this year...

Kimyonaakuma

NEStalgia

Octopath is just so beautifully set up as a handheld type "play it when there's a chance" type game since int's not terribly story-driven, and what story it has is nicely divided into contained chapters, and the classic turn based battles make each battle its own little play session. It's a fun game to just work through over months rather than focusing non-stop hours on it like Xenoblade and other story-driven fare. Plus, no way I'm missing the Torna launch.

NEStalgia

Trajan

I'm 92 hours on my save. Console says 105. I have admittedly died a bunch, and left it on the main screen and walked away for a bit.

Make sure you get both teams to level 70 evenly by thr end of the game. I didn't and now I have to grind. Stopped for a day and was going to just say screw it and play Ys 8 NG+ instead, but it was nagging me to go back. I hate grinding.

Won't touch it for a long time after Torna comes out though.

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

Spoony_Tech

@Trajan I'm on my last chapter 3 with all characters above level 40. I know I still have a ways to go but I've not had to grind as of yet. I'm about 78 hours in but like you I've left it idle probably for 5 or more.

MERG said:

NEStalgia

BTW, do you guys complete all ch1 town quests before going on to ch2 or are some of them things you're likely to find when on the way to ch2? I still have a few town quests pending that I haven't found the object they're referring to yet.

NEStalgia

Spoony_Tech

@NEStalgia I try to do them if I can. Some towns I've totally cleared but others seem like it will take a while.

MERG said:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic