Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 13,421 to 13,440 of 17,746

Bolt_Strike

Is that it for today? I expected more E3 news, in particular the format and focus. Hoping for a 2014-esque blowout of games this year, they should have a lot of games ready now.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

mav-i-am

skywake wrote:

I honestly don't think the footage they've shown for FF7R looks stupidly high end. I mean it looks good but it's not really pushing the spec. Unless people are seeing something I'm not. I highly doubt that the Switch isn't capable of running it. Whether the politics and so on line up for it to appear on Switch would be the bigger thing holding it back.

Need a like button.

Switch games list,

Legend of Zelda BotW, Human resource machine, NBA Playgrounds, Street Fighter 2, Super Bomberman R, Snipperclips, Overcooked, World of Goo.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think Switch has the best rain. Even when looking at stuff like XB1 and PS4 racing games, nothing seems to beat the wonderful rain on Storm Coast and Tepaneca Vale in Fast RMX. It's like the grass debate, BotW has the best grass.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

If they can get Skyrim up and running on the Switch and looking as good as it does then I don't think the remake of FF7 is a huge step. Sure it wont look as pretty but it will sell.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Bolt_Strike IIRC, Nintendo usually reveals their E3 plans in May. They're usually the last company to say anything about E3.

Octane

Operative2-0

I mean, I also do not see Switch being able to run the likes of COD WW2, FF7R, Battlefront 2.

It's nice to think they might come over, though.

Operative2-0

GameOtaku

A release calendar for when to expect the virtual console service and other apps would be great. Maybe more than just 2 consoles per store too.

GameOtaku

NintenerdCentral

Just so everybody knows, tomorrow Best Buy is restocking on the Switch.

Signed by the one and only Nintenerd guy. Hype is real for Pokemon Ultra!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus is Lord.
Follow me on YOUTUBE!!!!!!!!!!
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCySCtUppltv_WhFobC0Rq8w

Grumblevolcano

Alright it's now known that retail games release at midnight local time. For example, it is past midnight in the UK and you can now buy MK8 Deluxe on the eshop.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano This has been known for quite some time for Nintendo games on the shop. Just because it's a new system doesn't mean that would change.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Spoony_Tech

@Grumblevolcano nope, every 1st party game was available at midnight. In the US if you lived in California you could get it 3 hours early I believe as it released east coast time.

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

OorWullie

@Grumblevolcano It's been that way in the UK for a while. I remember buying Splatoon at midnight. Well it's actually 6am where I am.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie We have to get some Splatoon 2 gaming in from day one!!

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

IceClimbers

Wow, I'm surprised Sligeach hasn't come running - no, sprinting to come post that rumor that RPGamer tweeted about regarding Monster Hunter 5.

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

OorWullie

@Spoony_Tech Sounds superb but I'm not sure yet where I'll be when it releases. I'm going back to Scotland for a couple of months and won't get much chance to play. My plan is to go end of August but I may be forced to go earlier because of my visa.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

Spoony_Tech

@OorWullie Well figure it out. I doubt I would get much time to play till the kids go back to school in early September anyways lol.

MERG said:

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

JaxonH

Whitewatermoose wrote:

@zitpig

I wished they would clarify if it was first or third party games.

Shouldn't matter. Games are games, regardless of who's making them. That said, it's surely a bit of both.

@Operative2-0
I think Switch could run those games. Now, obviously not with full visual parity but... just look at Rise of the Tomb Raider, which is one of the most visually stunning games released on consoles to date, and even that got a 360 release. And to be honest, it looked pretty good too. Even the span between Ultra and Low settings on PC bridges a gap larger than that between Switch and X1.

And Switch is definitely closing the gap between 7th gen Xbox 360 and 8th gen Xbox One. Even Wii U had significantly more memory and far better GPU, and I recall how much better textures looked on Wii U compared to games from the HD twins. And Switch has doubled the RAM from Wii U (which was already 4X that of 360) and finally has a modern architecture which is already showing itself to be as close to X1 as it is to 360 (Minecraft World 360 was 864x864, Switch is 3072x3072 vs X1 5120x5120, and improvements such as Mario Kart 8 jumping from 720 to 1080 which is about the jump PS4 Pro has over PS4- 4x resolution increase, only Pro uses shortcuts that fall shy of true native 4X increase and Switch likely has more power under the hood than just what Wii U ports are showing us at launch).

Plus, with repeated accounts of Switch being about as easy to develop for as PS4 (which is notoriously easy as it gets really) it would be that much easier getting code to run. If it only takes 15% as long to achieve the same thing as on Wii U/3DS, the other 85% can go to optimization and proper scaling.

I personally believe it's not a question of if a certain game can run- anything can run- it's a question of how much would it need to be scaled down, and how easy/hard would it be to do it. And the question for them, knowing those 2 things, is "Is it then worth doing".

PLAYING
Splatoon 2 ..... MHXX ..... Mario Kingdom Battle..... Arms

AWAITING
Fire Emblem [Switch] ..... Metroid Prime 4 [Switch] ..... Mario Odyssey [Switch] ..... Xenoblade 2 [Switch] ..... MH World [X1X] ..... Metroid Samus Returns [3DS] ..... Ni No Kuni 2 [PS4]

Jesus is Lord.

3DS Friend Code: 1160-9763-9374 | Nintendo Network ID: JaxonH

Grumblevolcano

I think the 3DS brand is here to stay, the New 2DS XL has been announced!

Grumblevolcano

rallydefault

@Peek-a-boo
Man, some of you guys are really resistant to seeing different viewpoints. You're still refusing to understand that not everybody has lead the same life in this hobby as you. You're completely ignoring the perspective of the PC gamer and more all-around gamer, and really, let's not beat around this bush anymore, you're pretty much just regurgitating the same old stuff people say on the internet when it comes to gaming history.

Metal Gear was a Nintendo franchise. FF was a Nintendo franchise. Tekken was an arcade game. Tomb Raider 1 was released simultaneously on multiple platforms, including PC. Just because each of those franchises got a release on a PS machine didn't suddenly shift them to being "Playstation games." That's insane. That's what the internet tells you to remember, but that's the internet; it's an echo chamber where the loudest, sometimes cruelest, people get their version of history to "stick." Metal Gear continued to release games on Nintendo platforms, quite a few of which I enjoy more than Solid. FF did leave Nintendo, at least with its new mainline releases, but remasters and offshoots did and continue to hit Nintendo systems, Xbox, and PC. INCLUDING VII, which many, many gamers got to play for the first time on PC. Tomb Raider released every single one of its games on multiple platforms throughout its lifespan, including the new reboots.

But again, we'll just ignore that because it's not convenient for our point, yes?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic