Posts 13,421 to 13,440 of 15,864

skywake

A bit of fun at the Wii U's expense....
Untitled

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Peek-a-boo

@mav-i-am I don't think you quite understand what the Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be.

It's a full blown remake of the entire world in Final Fantasy VII, from ground up. It isn't going to be a 'tarted up' version of the original game that had static pre-rendered backgrounds and blocky characters as your companions.

Original:

Untitled

'Tarted up':

Untitled

Peek-a-boo

Eric258

@Grumblevolcano Yeah you're right. Saying the " first new additions" does make you think that. Then again, it could be a weirdly worded tweet.

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932

rallydefault

@Peek-a-boo
Well you just explained why you're wrong: you gamed exclusively on Nintendo systems growing up, so that's your perspective. But not everyone here was like that, including me. I gamed on everything. I always had a Nintendo system, but I was lucky enough to have a dad who was early into the home computer scene, and I did own PS1 and PS2 when those came out.

And your list of games that are were "born and raised on the Playstation" is just wrong, coming from somebody with a broader perspective. Tomb Raider "born and raised" on that ecosystem? What the heck is PC, chopped liver? Same goes with Tekken - did you not visit arcades when you were a kid? I don't associate Tekken with PS, I associate it with arcade cabinets. And I (and many others) played Tomb Raider on PC out of that crazy-shaped box.

The only games I agree with that "feel" very Playstationy are Crash Bandicoot and Spyro. It didn't take long for Metal Gear stuff to start coming out on other systems, minus the fact it was a Nintendo series in the first place. (You'll argue you meant specifically Metal Gear SOLID, so yea... take your wins where you can get them lol)

FF VII would "feel" just fine on the Switch. Saying otherwise is a very narrow, kinda odd viewpoint. The Switch is perfect for RPGs, and as @skywake said, for poor old dude like me over 30 with a family and very little time.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo sees Switch console doubling profit, ending 8-year sales slide

http://uk.reuters.com/article/us-nintendo-results-idUKKBN17T0SX

First time since 2009 apparently that Nintendo sales have increased. I don't really get that. Anyway, these issues aren't going away.

CLSA analyst Jay Defibaugh in a recent report said, unlike the Wii, the early popularity was not being driven by games demonstrating defining characteristics, such as a controller with motion-detection camera, but by games that could equally appear on Sony Corp's (6758.T) PlayStation or Microsoft Corp's (MSFT.O) Xbox.

"(This) leaves Nintendo vulnerable to the structural shortage of third-party titles, deficient online offering, and weaker graphics," he said.

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

mav-i-am

Peek-a-boo wrote:

@mav-i-am I don't think you quite understand what the Final Fantasy VII Remake is going to be.

It's a full blown remake of the entire world in Final Fantasy VII, from ground up. It isn't going to be a 'tarted up' version of the original game that had static pre-rendered backgrounds and blocky characters as your companions.

Original:

Untitled

'Tarted up':

Untitled

and the switch cant do this why?

Switch games want list,

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Arms, MK8 Deluxe, Skyrim, The Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, FIFA, Syberia 3, little inferno, Rime, I am Setsuna, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Disgaea 5.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault I don't particularly wish to repeat - and potentially go around in circles - the same things to you as I have already said to skywake.

I'm in my late-twenties, so of course we are going to have different perspectives when we grew up.

I was lucky enough to have one or possibly two games a year when we had a SNES and N64. They were very expensive gifts for my parents to buy back in the day, and I used to remember playing one game for months at a time compared to the comparatively disposable nature of games nowadays.

You obvious had the luxury of playing on anything and everything that me and many other children never had.

I also felt like I was in a bubble at school, seeing as everybody and their Nan owned a PSone, which is why I personally associate some (not all) of the games I mention above with the original PlayStation.

All you really needed to take away from my message is this:

Peek-a-boo wrote:

Saying that, if Final Fantasy VII Remake comes on the Switch, in whatever form it ends up being, then everybody wins.

Peek-a-boo

Ralizah

The Switch isn't going to run FF7R without it receiving a significant downgrade. The platform just isn't that powerful, and I don't think Squeenix will go for it with that release. Not right away, at least.

Switch FC: SW-2726-5961-1794
Currently playing: Odin Sphere: Leifthrasir (Vita)

Nintendo Network ID: Michael418

BLP_Software

@Ralizah Made in UE4 isnt it? A lot of that is scalable such as lighting and effects which doesnt take much work at all. Its not like theyd have to complete rebuild lighting using it anymore.

Its certainly more possible than it was before, thats the point. Not that it could happen but that the tools are available.

I can't decide
Whether you should live or die
Oh, you'll probably go to heaven
Please don't hang your head and cry
No wonder why
My heart feels dead inside
It's cold and hard and petrified
Lock the doors and close the blinds
We're going for a ride

skywake

I honestly don't think the footage they've shown for FF7R looks stupidly high end. I mean it looks good but it's not really pushing the spec. Unless people are seeing something I'm not. I highly doubt that the Switch isn't capable of running it. Whether the politics and so on line up for it to appear on Switch would be the bigger thing holding it back.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

zitpig

SLIGEACH_EIRE wrote:

Nintendo CEO: There Are More Unannounced Switch Titles That Will Boost The Console's Sales

I should jolly well hope so!

zitpig

zitpig

It's the CEO's quote, so I would suspect Nintendo's own first party titles. But you never know. Time, as ever, will tell.

zitpig

Bolt_Strike

Is that it for today? I expected more E3 news, in particular the format and focus. Hoping for a 2014-esque blowout of games this year, they should have a lot of games ready now.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

mav-i-am

skywake wrote:

I honestly don't think the footage they've shown for FF7R looks stupidly high end. I mean it looks good but it's not really pushing the spec. Unless people are seeing something I'm not. I highly doubt that the Switch isn't capable of running it. Whether the politics and so on line up for it to appear on Switch would be the bigger thing holding it back.

Need a like button.

Switch games want list,

Splatoon 2, Fire Emblem Warriors, Super Mario Odyssey, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Arms, MK8 Deluxe, Skyrim, The Binding of Isaac, Fast RMX, FIFA, Syberia 3, little inferno, Rime, I am Setsuna, Puyo Puyo Tetris, Disgaea 5.

Nintendo Network ID: mav-i-am | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I think Switch has the best rain. Even when looking at stuff like XB1 and PS4 racing games, nothing seems to beat the wonderful rain on Storm Coast and Tepaneca Vale in Fast RMX. It's like the grass debate, BotW has the best grass.

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Spoony_Tech

If they can get Skyrim up and running on the Switch and looking as good as it does then I don't think the remake of FF7 is a huge step. Sure it wont look as pretty but it will sell.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Octane

@Bolt_Strike IIRC, Nintendo usually reveals their E3 plans in May. They're usually the last company to say anything about E3.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic