PS4 Pro: MH World, Shadow of the Colossus
PSVR:
Vita:
X1X: Wolfenstein 2
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

KirbyTheVampire

Gahhh, why is Nintendo doing this? I guess that shoots down the idea of the 3DS only lasting 1 more year.

KirbyTheVampire

MisterPi

Not necessarily. They released a wii mini after the wii stopped receiving games if I remember right. Perhaps it's like that and the dsi

MisterPi

kkslider5552000

This is actually really unsurprising. They're not abandoning 3DS after Pokemon Sun and Moon's massive success and it general success in Japan. And I simply like that they are doing this instead of abandoning it as soon as something new as out (besides, that's what they Wii U is for :V)

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 5054
Nintendo Network ID: Slider...

skywake

I don't see this so much as a new push for the 3DS line. To me it seems like a way to retire the original 3DS SoC and move exclusively to the New 3DS SoC. It's also a way move people over to the cheaper 2D screen without them having to live with the compromises of the 2DS. I reckon this New 2DS XL (really Nintendo?) is going to at least replace the 2DS on shelves and possibly the New 3DS XL & New 3DS.

As others have said, it's a bit like the Wii Mini thing. They released it right at the end of the Wii's cycle. And then once the Wii U was in full swing the Wii Mini was the only Wii you could get new. Then you couldn't get a Wii new. That's the process.

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Peek-a-boo

@rallydefault I wasn't ignoring your points, because I specifically wrote that we both had a different childhood growing up (you played games on everything, whereas I didn't have that luxury) and that we had our own perspectives on games at the time due to our age differences.

How is that ignoring your points? I even agreed with some of your points, believe it or not!

Edited on by Peek-a-boo

Peek-a-boo

Octane

MH5 for Switch and PS4? I'd love to see what a modern day MH looks like on a big screen.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

I would like Monster Hunter (and I'm sure Nintendo would as well) to stay exclusive. If it's something for both systems then I want it to be Resident Evil!

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

WebHead

Just thought of this. Voez is a switch game that can only be played portably. If Pomemon Stars is real, could it be the same?

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

Octane

@WebHead Voez is a touch-based game. Makes sense to be exclusive to handheld mode. I don't see any reason why Pokemon can't be played on your TV.

Octane

DarkRula

I also don't think a game mid-generation is going to jump console. If anything, I'm expecting this to be like Black/White, where it only lasts about two years before the next big jump with a new console.
I highly doubt it'll be either Stars or a Diamond/Pearl remake either, though I'll love for it to be both.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Spoony_Tech

Octane wrote:

@Spoony_Tech Why should it stay exclusive?

Because Nintendo needs something mid-tier from a 3rd party with some exclusivity to help sell systems mostly in Japan anyways. Besides I don't need to hear how capcom expected MH5 to sell 2 million copies on the ps4 and only sell 500k. Japan is the biggest market for the game and it just sells better on a handheld device.

Oh and to add, the graphics while good aren't PS4 good and for that to happen development would take months longer. I think they're happy with 3ds style graphics because they are so far getting away with it and selling well. The Switch wouldn't be a major jump in graphics like the ps4 would be.

Edited on by Spoony_Tech

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

skywake

DarkRula wrote:

I also don't think a game mid-generation is going to jump console. If anything, I'm expecting this to be like Black/White, where it only lasts about two years before the next big jump with a new console. I highly doubt it'll be either Stars or a Diamond/Pearl remake either, though I'll love for it to be both.

I'll highlight in bold the times when they've done this over the previous 6 generations of Pokemon

Pokemon Yellow: On GB, well within the GB generation
Pokemon Crystal: Late GBC but was released before the GBA launch in Japan
Pokemon Emerald: Late GBA but was released before the DS launch in Japan
Pokemon HG/SS: On DS and well within the DS generation
Pokemon B/W 2: Was a DS game firmly in the 3DS era globally
Pokemon OR/AS: On 3DS and well within the 3DS generation

I don't see how there's somehow a "history" to them keeping a generation to the same platform. Most of what we actually saw in the west was them taking a while to localise the games. Really we have one example of them actually doing this globally. We also have gen2 which started as playable on the original GB but the last one was only playable on the GBC.

And then there's the fact that the Switch is the first "portable" system Nintendo has made that has zero backwards compatibility. People who own a Switch can't buy Pokemon. People who got a 3DS could play Pokemon B/W 2 on it

Edited on by skywake

Some good Aussie musics: King Gizzard, Pond, The Avalanches
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

Octane

@Spoony_Tech I agree that MH is important for their hardware sales, but remember that even if it's multiplat, the Switch is still the only portable console. However, it's in Capcom's interest to make the game available to as many people possible.

I don't think the jump from 3DS to Switch is much different than from 3DS to PS4, both are huge jumps. And it's not like it needs to be Uncharted 5 in terms of visuals. PS4 shares quite some games with the Vita too, and the Switch is a lot closer to the PS4 in terms of hardware.

Octane

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic