Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 346

Krull

@scubydo SteamWorld Dig 2 is my favourite eShop title. SteamWorld Heist would be up there too, if I hadn't already played through it. Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Axiom Verge, The Last Blade - there are masses of other great options.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

Imerzion

@scubydo I'd highly recommend Stardew Valley, I've logged around 90 hours into it on Steam and around 15 so far on the Switch. It's a really good game.

Same applies to Steamworld Dig 2, also a good game. Lots of improvement upon the first game (if you played that) and a fair few references back to it, but nothing that would prevent you from understanding the story if you had yet played the first game.

Another choice would be Golf Story, that's got a lot of praise, I'm yet to pick it up, but it's definitely on my 'Watch List', as Nintendo call it.

As others have stated, plenty of great choices and more being added weekly!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

scubydo

Can't decide to dip into the indie games, or if I should wait and use it for Bayonetta 2 if it has a digital release also. Plus I am looking at Binding of Isaac....too many choices.

RPG, FPS, Adventure,Action...oh I like 'em all!
New Switch ID: SW-3806-8055-1317

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

NintenNinja16

So, I got some eShop cash recently and I’m on the fence between getting Furi, Into the Gungeon or the new Pokken DLC, I’m interested in getting 2 out of the 3. Each games styles interest me and I have had a lot of fun with Pokken. Really I’m just looking for what people think of Furi and Gungeon.

Edited on by NintenNinja16

Knack 2 tha future
#ErnieGang

Scrummer

@NintenNinja16 I got Enter the gungeon on Wednesday, and I think I've already sunk 10 hours into it. It's incredibly fun and addictive and I highly recommend it.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

thiz

I have to say, besides Soldam I regret almost all my eShop purchases and I got like 24 games during the last two months (of which about 18 are indie), because the console was so new to me. I'm only getting Triple A games and worthwhile DLC from now on... But I also dont really fit the mold of the current trends - I'm so bad at games like Shovel Knight, Sonic Mania and Gunvolt... its not even funny.

Edited on by thiz

thiz

LuckyLand

I have tried Kingdom on Pc and it is very good, but it seems to be one of those time sinkers... I would have bought it but I already have Skyrim (I play it both on PC and Switch at the same time) that I play this way so I decided to avoid it at least for now. There is a limit on how much time one can sink
If you want (or at least are ok with) something like that I'd strongly recommend it.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Swordsman83

I just bought Zelda explorer edition and fire emblem warriors special edition. Hope these 2 games can last me for a month.

Swordsman83

scubydo

Nights of Azura 2 or Fate/Extella??? Which one should I go with?

BongoBongo123

Rime is good if you like old school 3D zelda, not an amazing port but it's worth it...

BongoBongo123

3dg3d3m0n

@scubydo I have Fate/Extella and absolutely love it. Still plan on getting Nights of Azure though as I love this type of game

3dg3d3m0n

tummers

Magic1636 wrote:

@darkfenrir thank you for the suggestions. Also just one more of you don’t mind. My wife really isn’t into gaming but I was wanting to get something that we could play together. I know that Snipperclips seem to be a popular choice for co-op gaming. Is there any other suggestions that you may have?

hey magic, my wife and i have a video game night every week with some friends and our favorite co ops are Overcooked and Lovers in a Spacetime. both games need communication and cooperation, which is fun because they're both casual gamer friendly.

tummers

toiletduck

Gaming life after BOTW

So I've finally 'completed' BOTW after a lot of very enjoyable hours. But now what? I could spend some time on Mario Odyssey -I have quite some moons left- but I don't like the gameplay in hand-held (I miss motion-controlled 'throwing' Cappy). Besides this I'm actually waiting for some platform fun (Kirby and DK TF).

I'm looking at Snipperclips for some local multiplayer fun and either Skyrim or Xenoblade for some 'Zelda-ish' entertainment (liked Dragon Age Inquisition on my PS4, so I think I'll enjoy both). Any advice on which I'll probably enjoy more?

Don't think I'll like ARMS or Splatoon; not really my kind of games (fighting, FPS). Anything else I'm missing?

I'm open for indies, but I tend to prefer the AAA's. I may hold of buying anything until Kirby, since I still have Horizon Zero Dawn and the last Uncharted lying around for my PS4.

toiletduck

Krull

@toiletduck Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very good, but it is as JRPG as they come - masses of complex systems, anime aesthetics, lengthy story. It is beautiful, both visually and aurally, and comes highly recommended BUT, if you're looking for something off the back off Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim will be a much less of a culture shock. It's also a very, very good game, with a very lengthy campaign, so should suit your needs. Furthermore, Skyrim takes less of a hit in handheld mode than Xenoblade does.

There are tons of great indies, especially 2D platformers - just flick through this thread. It only depends on what you are looking for.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589

scubydo

Anyone tried the "Darkest Dungeon"? It looks interesting, but I am not sure how it plays really.

Imerzion

@scubydo. Played it on pc and personally couldn’t get into it. I did enjoy what I played of the game - In a sense. But it was too RNG for me.

Art style is fantastic though as well as the progressions. I was also big on the narration too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

LuckyLand

@toiletduck @Krull I don't think Dragon Age can be considered more similar to Skyrim than how Xenoblade is. If one like Dragon Age I would say both a game like Skyrim and a game like Xenoblade don't give any guarantee about you liking them or not. It could be a risk either way. I prefer Skyrim but I don't like Dragon Age (nor anything else from Bioware) so one really can't know until he tries

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic