Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 321 to 340 of 2,207

Swordsman83

I just bought Zelda explorer edition and fire emblem warriors special edition. Hope these 2 games can last me for a month.

Currently Owned Switch Games: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Octopath Traveller.

BongoBongo123

Rime is good if you like old school 3D zelda, not an amazing port but it's worth it...

BongoBongo123

3dg3d3m0n

@scubydo I have Fate/Extella and absolutely love it. Still plan on getting Nights of Azure though as I love this type of game

3dg3d3m0n

tummers

Magic1636 wrote:

@darkfenrir thank you for the suggestions. Also just one more of you don’t mind. My wife really isn’t into gaming but I was wanting to get something that we could play together. I know that Snipperclips seem to be a popular choice for co-op gaming. Is there any other suggestions that you may have?

hey magic, my wife and i have a video game night every week with some friends and our favorite co ops are Overcooked and Lovers in a Spacetime. both games need communication and cooperation, which is fun because they're both casual gamer friendly.

tummers

toiletduck

Gaming life after BOTW

So I've finally 'completed' BOTW after a lot of very enjoyable hours. But now what? I could spend some time on Mario Odyssey -I have quite some moons left- but I don't like the gameplay in hand-held (I miss motion-controlled 'throwing' Cappy). Besides this I'm actually waiting for some platform fun (Kirby and DK TF).

I'm looking at Snipperclips for some local multiplayer fun and either Skyrim or Xenoblade for some 'Zelda-ish' entertainment (liked Dragon Age Inquisition on my PS4, so I think I'll enjoy both). Any advice on which I'll probably enjoy more?

Don't think I'll like ARMS or Splatoon; not really my kind of games (fighting, FPS). Anything else I'm missing?

I'm open for indies, but I tend to prefer the AAA's. I may hold of buying anything until Kirby, since I still have Horizon Zero Dawn and the last Uncharted lying around for my PS4.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Krull

@toiletduck Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is very good, but it is as JRPG as they come - masses of complex systems, anime aesthetics, lengthy story. It is beautiful, both visually and aurally, and comes highly recommended BUT, if you're looking for something off the back off Dragon Age Inquisition, Skyrim will be a much less of a culture shock. It's also a very, very good game, with a very lengthy campaign, so should suit your needs. Furthermore, Skyrim takes less of a hit in handheld mode than Xenoblade does.

There are tons of great indies, especially 2D platformers - just flick through this thread. It only depends on what you are looking for.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Imerzion

@scubydo. Played it on pc and personally couldn’t get into it. I did enjoy what I played of the game - In a sense. But it was too RNG for me.

Art style is fantastic though as well as the progressions. I was also big on the narration too.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

LuckyLand

@toiletduck @Krull I don't think Dragon Age can be considered more similar to Skyrim than how Xenoblade is. If one like Dragon Age I would say both a game like Skyrim and a game like Xenoblade don't give any guarantee about you liking them or not. It could be a risk either way. I prefer Skyrim but I don't like Dragon Age (nor anything else from Bioware) so one really can't know until he tries

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Namco

If anyone is looking for a casual multiplayer game I discommend overcooked. That game is not a lay back experience! You get a lot of tasks you have to do simultaneously and I can't handle a failed order. It's a lot of stress I honestly rather play Cuphead in that regard. But if you're looking for chaos in the kitchen this game is for you. I would wait for a discount though, the game is as overcooked as it is overpriced.

Edited on by Namco

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

toiletduck

@LuckyLand @Krull thanks for the insights. I'll try to manage with Mario for the time being 😉 and when I'm ready for a new adventure/RPG I'll check some gameplay vids first. For 2D platformers I'll probably wait for all the first party fun arriving from spring onwards.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Skoman

I finished BOTW and loved it, but then again, there isn't a Zelda game I haven't loved (the original is still my favorite though). Anyway, I've been playing Skyrim, but don't love it. I'd like something that's adventure plus some puzzles - I don't care about combat as much. I was looking at Rime, but a lot of the reviews said there are huge problems with the refresh rate etc. Anyone have any thoughts?

Skoman

LuckyLand

@Skoman I would recommend Wonderboy 3 Dragon's trap

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Fingeldor

How many hours of content are in Steamworld Dig 2? My only hesitation with getting this game is I worry it's short. I just got done playing Stick it to the Man, and despite loving it's art style and humor, the game was too short. It needed to be at least twice the length.

3DS Friend: 3754-6858-1461
Mario Maker Course ID: 63D7-0000-0024-5F62 (it's kinda hard...)
My Backloggery
8-Bit Music by Scott Iblings
Miiverse:

3DS Friend Code: 3754-6858-1461 | Nintendo Network ID: Bingly

Scrummer

@Fingeldor I got about 12 hours in one plathrough, and 20 for a completion run.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

Freek

Hammerwatch on Switch is an awesome Gauntlet clone for up to 4 players on the one Switch.
Online play is incoming and it is a great game for some local co op madness.
Heaps of content too.
2 castles to play through and some great secrets to uncover.
I haven't even finished the first castle yet but I look forward to trying it.
Hard as nails and even on easy it will test you, especially in single player.
Highly recommend it.

Edited on by Freek

Freek

Nintendo Network ID: Freek001

AndyD

Disgaea 5, Nights of Azure 2, or Fate/Extella? I am leaning towards Disgaea5, but any thoughts or recommendations are welcome. I was looking at The Last Five Minutes (when it releases), but I am not sure if it is worth the cost or its length?

Edit: Or should I wait for some of the newer stuff? Already have Dragon Quest Builders reserved, and Dark Souls.

Edited on by AndyD

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic