Forums

Topic: The Switch Recommendations Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,201

Scrummer

Honestly, I'm having a lot more fun with Xenoblade 2 than I thought I would. I had a bit of fun with X, but I'm really enjoying 2. I would definitely recommend it if you had the slightest bit of fun with X, but aren't really sure about this one.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

toiletduck

Hi guys, I hope this is the right place to ask for recommendations.

Somewhere this weekend my 8bitdo SF30 Pro will arrive. Now I'm looking for some (2D) platformers to test it. I've already searched this forum, but I'm still not so sure which game(s) would best meet my desires:

• 2D platformer (duh)
  • Preferably 16bit style (or better) graphics (e.g. Mario World, Yoshi's Island, Kirby Super Star, Paper Mario Wii), over 8bit (Mario Bros 1, Mega Man NES)
  • Challenging, but not too hard
  • Nice to have: local co-op

Some options I've considered:

• Vs. Mario Bros: for what I've read it may be a bit too hard for my gaming skills and I kind of played Mario Bros 1 a lot when I was a kid
  • Shovel Knight: graphics don't really appeal to me
  • Sonic: never been a great fan and still quite expensive, but still a serious option

Thanks!

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Scrummer

@toiletduck Shovel Knight is a fantastic game even if you don't really like the graphical style. Vs. Mario bros. is 2P Mario bros. I don't really know what to say beyond that, and if you aren't a fan of Sonic I wouldn't suggest Sonic Mania. Also, one game I haven't played yet but a lot of people like is "Wonder boy: the Dragon's Trap" so I guess look into that and see if it interests you.

Scrummer

toiletduck

@Scrummer Thanks! I assume that with "Vs. Mario bros. is 2P Mario bros." you mean you can play in turns just as on the NES?

toiletduck

Imerzion

@toiletduck Might be worth avoiding Wonder Boy for the time being, unless you're okay with paying £17.99 for a five hour long game with very little replayability. The game itself is pretty charming, but please, wait for a it to go on sale.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

toiletduck

@Imerzion Thanks, I'll probably wait for a price drop then!

toiletduck

jman0987654321

i'm thinking of buying L.A noire for the switch, should I get it or wait to pre order something from the next direct that comes out.

jman0987654321

Scrummer

@toiletduck I actually think you can play either by yourself, or even with 2 people at the same time.

Scrummer

AndyD

I got a $50 eshop card as a late gift. I have zero indie/eshop only games. So what are a few that i must pick up. I am leaning towards Steamworld and drive as 2 choices. Maybe stardew valley...

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Scrummer

@scubydo Stardew Valley is amazing, and Steamworld Dig 2 is fantastic. If you like farming simulators, get Stardew Valley, and if you think Steamworld Dig 2 looks slightly interesting, get it.

Scrummer

TOUGHDUDE94

@toiletduck aurze gunvolt is good on the 3ds is good i do not know about the switch

Edited on by TOUGHDUDE94

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Scrummer

@andrew20 I would assume it's of the same quality on the Switch.

Scrummer

toiletduck

Thanks again

toiletduck

Krull

@scubydo SteamWorld Dig 2 is my favourite eShop title. SteamWorld Heist would be up there too, if I hadn't already played through it. Shovel Knight, Stardew Valley, Axiom Verge, The Last Blade - there are masses of other great options.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Imerzion

@scubydo I'd highly recommend Stardew Valley, I've logged around 90 hours into it on Steam and around 15 so far on the Switch. It's a really good game.

Same applies to Steamworld Dig 2, also a good game. Lots of improvement upon the first game (if you played that) and a fair few references back to it, but nothing that would prevent you from understanding the story if you had yet played the first game.

Another choice would be Golf Story, that's got a lot of praise, I'm yet to pick it up, but it's definitely on my 'Watch List', as Nintendo call it.

As others have stated, plenty of great choices and more being added weekly!

Switch Friend Code: SW-5926-6203-0027

AndyD

Can't decide to dip into the indie games, or if I should wait and use it for Bayonetta 2 if it has a digital release also. Plus I am looking at Binding of Isaac....too many choices.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

Deku-Scrub

So, I got some eShop cash recently and I’m on the fence between getting Furi, Into the Gungeon or the new Pokken DLC, I’m interested in getting 2 out of the 3. Each games styles interest me and I have had a lot of fun with Pokken. Really I’m just looking for what people think of Furi and Gungeon.

Edited on by Deku-Scrub

Deku-Scrub

Joycon Boy Forever

Currently Playing:
Switch: Fire Emblem: Three Houses
3DS: Pokemon Alpha Sapphire
PS4: Persona 5, Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

Scrummer

@NintenNinja16 I got Enter the gungeon on Wednesday, and I think I've already sunk 10 hours into it. It's incredibly fun and addictive and I highly recommend it.

Scrummer

Joeynator3000

Ok guys, I can't decide and I have $20 on my eShop...
Furi or Kingdom?

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

LuckyLand

I have tried Kingdom on Pc and it is very good, but it seems to be one of those time sinkers... I would have bought it but I already have Skyrim (I play it both on PC and Switch at the same time) that I play this way so I decided to avoid it at least for now. There is a limit on how much time one can sink
If you want (or at least are ok with) something like that I'd strongly recommend it.

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic