Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 8,121 to 8,140 of 15,210

Haru17

@Dezzy I imagine that was why you asked me about it and I explained it to you.

Brilliantly.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Eel

I can't wait to get one of the 3 switches the closest gaming store to me will have at launch.

I mean, if a scalper doesn't get them first.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haru17

@Meowpheel Can we talk about how effed up the term "scalper" is? Like, how did that even adopt that meaning? I blame my region — the western United States.

erv

It's a trading term. Quick and early trades in order to profit.

On topic, I agree nintendo needs a strong launch. They even said as much themselves, after wii U and all that.

And it doesn't mean strong launch = zelda. I do agree it would really help, yet it doesn't mean it's the only way. If I was a developer I sure wouldn't want to release in the month surrounding zelda. Most people buy only one game in a while.

Perhaps not having zelda at launch is better for third party developers, otherwise we'd just be buying mario and zelda and see you in a month or so.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Haru17

I swear to god, if that Ubisoft Mario RPG has rabbid partners I will scream through my socks!

Then again, their UbiArt engine — which I assume it would be made in — does hold promise.

Dezzy

I just don't understand why they wouldn't have Zelda at launch given how much time they've had to plan this launch. It would just make sense to deliberately sync them.

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Luna_110

@Dezzy
Rumors said that was the plan but they have hit unexpected snag in the localization process. They have time to plan, but even the best plans can come tumbling down.
Nintendo doesn't really have experience with big open worlds, so it does make sense they understimated the resources they needed. They even had to bring Monolith in to help with development of the game!

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Dezzy

Surely localization is something that can be just sped up by just bringing more translators in?

It's dangerous to go alone! Stay at home.

Octane

Haru17 wrote:

but, CUCCOS CONFIRMED!?!?

I was more surprised about the squirrels..

But yes, Cuccos mean towns, and towns mean NPCs.

Octane

Haru17

@Octane Glaciers to streams, streams to rivers, rivers to the ocean, the ocean to underdesigned, empty underwater areas.

On a more serious note, you didn't see the squirrels in the demo footage?

Octane

@Haru17 Maybe I do recall some squirrels in the demo.. Memory's a little cloudy on that one.

Octane

erv

Ducks are confirmed.

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428
PlayStation: genetic-eternal

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Monkey_Balls

Squirrel at 0:38. Those loading screens during the cutscene are a bit jarring though. Hope they fix that before release.

Monkey_Balls

Nintendo Network ID: widdowk

Octane

@Monkey_Balls Strange indeed, why is the game still loading after a cutscene? Hopefully they can optimise that. Although don't remind me of the loading screens in DKCTF (or even the eShop!). The Wii U has some serious issues with loading stuff sometimes.

Octane

Monkey_Balls

@Octane I'm wondering if it's something to do with updating the game world after the towers raise, but you'd think they could do that after the cutscene has ended (just before the player takes control) so it's a bit odd.

I know you said to not remind you but I was thinking of picking up DKCTF this week. Are the loading screens/times that bad?

Monkey_Balls

Grumblevolcano

@Monkey_Balls They aren't that bad, BotW seems much worse for example.

To be honest BotW looks like it may be the new Sonic 06!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Octane

@Monkey_Balls Just when you're booting the game up, it takes a good 30 seconds or something like that. It's been a while since I played the game, but from what I recall, the rest is fine. It kinda felt out of place, cause the game isn't loading a level or anything, just the main menu.. Anyway, despite that, it's still one of the best games on the Wii U and one of the best platformers of all time too. If you liked Returns, TF is even better!

Edited on by Octane

Octane

Monkey_Balls

@Grumblevolcano Now that's not fair... I know Octane didn't want to be reminded about DKCTF but that's no reason to remind me about Sonic '06. -shudders-

@Octane That doesn't sound too bad (I endured Lego City's abysmal loading times). DKCR was a great game; I'm not sure why it's taken me so long to pick up the sequel. Thanks guys.

On topic, BotW's loading times might be the deciding factor regarding my Wii U or Switch purchase. I don't want to say that the cutscene was ruined, but the pauses certainly weren't welcome. I might get irritated if the entire game is like that.

Monkey_Balls

Haru17

Keep in mind the Breath of the Wild's Switch version will most likely come on cartridge, which are said to quicken load times.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic