Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,961 to 14,980 of 15,210

FroZtedFlake

@Eel Don't you need to have pulled the sword to do the three trials though?

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Matt_Barber

I'd get the hearts elsewhere. The Shrine quests in the forest are some of the most difficult/annoying in the game. You don't need to get the Master Sword to do the Korok Trials which are the shrine quests, just the Master Trials which give you the sword upgrades.

Death Mountain is much easier to deal with at least when you get past the point where you spontaneously catch fire, so a good place to try first.

Fireblight Ganon is far and away the easiest boss fight in the game. You can stun lock it with two remote bomb hits and then charge in to do massive damage before it teleports away.

Matt_Barber

VoidofLight

@Matt_Barber I did all the Korok shrine quests in Master Mode, and it wasn't that bad. The only one where I died consistently was the one with all the enemies, but I effectively just ran through the entire course. The other two were easy though. One was just following along, and the other was keeping an eye out for trees with metal balls in their mouths.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Solaine

@Matt_Barber I never got the thing with the bombs back then. To this day i only defeated fireblight with Urbosas fury

"on a scale of 1 to 10, she's an 11, and she'd give herself a 12" ~The Burst, Furi

Matt_Barber

@VoidofLight Sure, they're not hard for an experienced player who has already done them once but then again nothing much in the game is. Still, I recall failing the stealth one many times before I'd got a grip on the mechanics, and you've got to decypher the cryptic hint to even know that you've got to follow the metal balls in the other one. Oh, and good luck solving the puzzle in the shrine next to the Deku tree without looking it up on the internet.

Anyway, I'm sure we can agree that there are much easier pickings to be found in the Eldin region.

Matt_Barber

VoidofLight

@Matt_Barber I mean, I didn't do them in my first playthrough, but I got every one except for the Shrine next to the Deku Tree.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

FroZtedFlake

@Eel Hmm, coulda sworn it was like "The heroes trials" or something like that, and that they only recognized you as the hero after you pulled the sword
@Matt_Barber Oh my gosh the stealth one got on my nerves when I first did it, and the Deku Tree shrine got me too

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

FroZtedFlake

@Eel I just looked it up and yeah you have to have "The Hero's Sword" main quest complete to trigger it
Edit: I was mixing up the name at first though lol, but yes for the Korok Trials you must have the master sword

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Eel

@FroZtedFlakerZz I'm sorry, but that is incorrect. You can even do the trials before even starting the "The Korok Trials" quest itself.

Could offer a link to read your source?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

FroZtedFlake

"To obtain this Side Quest, you need to have finished the Main Quest The Hero’s Sword. By finishing this Side quest, you will obtain Big Hearty Truffles x3.
To begin the Quest, look for Chio inside the Korok Forest, it is close to the entrance which directs to the local shops.
He will ask you to partake of Three Trials namely: The Lost Pilgrimage, Trial of Second Sight, and finally The Test of Wood. Bear in mind that these happen to be Shrine Quests." (samurai-gamers.com)
https://samurai-gamers.com/legend-zelda-breath-wild/korok-tri...

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

FroZtedFlake

@Eel Oh okay, it must just be incorrect then, I thought I remembered that, it does make more sense for it not requiring the sword since it'd be 4 shrines, so that makes sense, I was just getting mixed up I guess

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Eel

@FroZtedFlakerZz Looks more like that page just got it wrong, no worries.

The quest actually has different dialogue depending on whether or not you have sword. So that could cause confusion too, I suppose.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

FroZtedFlake

@Eel One of the things I love so much about the game, different things however small they may be change the conversation
Like carrying a blue flame in Hateno and talking to people, I always thought that was cool
That sword quest does line up with their "Do whatever you want!" advertising too, helpful to know you can get a full heart there too beforehand.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Pizzamorg

Sorry, I am so lost lol.

So can I try and get the sword without having 13 hearts then?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Eel

@Pizzamorg You need 13 (real, non-temporary) hearts to pull it out of the pedestal.

You can find it, and explore the forest (and complete the shrines there) at any point.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Matt_Barber

There are glitches that let you pick up the sword without 13 hearts, so technically you don't have to.

In practice though, yeah, get 13 hearts first. If you've picked up stamina upgrades instead they can be traded for hearts using the horned statue in Hateno village. You can trade them back when you've got the sword.

Matt_Barber

FroZtedFlake

@Pizzamorg Yeah sorry heh, if you try without 13 hearts the deku tree should stop you from what I remember, and if you try again you straight up die, so yes you need 13 hearts (not yellow ones from food either)

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

FroZtedFlake

@Matt_Barber The campfire glitch is so funny, I just love hearing the little pick up noise and then duh-nuh-nuh-nuhHHHHH

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic