Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 14,941 to 14,960 of 15,210

Eel

Yeah, for me on my first file it was a bit surprising finding out just how much more competent thunderblight was compared to the other two blights I fought before it (and the one after), it killed me several times but it wasn’t like, too bad.

I also had a lot of food and stuff. So that helped.

I’m sure you just need to go have a virtual walk through hyrule, find equipment, get new foods, breathe the wild (😛), and then go fight him again all refreshed and more experienced.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Pizzamorg

I’ll probably just try and get up Death Mountain or whatever it is called and try and clear that Beast and then if I come back and still can’t beat Thunderblight, I guess I’ll just give up. It is just not fun having this hanging over my head, especially as I am probably the best geared I will ever be as I hoarded weapons, fairies and meals for that fight and now I’ll have to use up all of that stuff clearing a different Blight and I dunno if I can be bothered to horde it all over again as it is so tedious and time consuming to come back and true Thunder again.

Do I need to buy the full outfit in that death mountain place to have full immunity to the fire or do I just need to hoard tonics?

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Eel

@Pizzamorg you only need one piece of that particular armor set to be able to survive the mountain. And you can actually get one for free if you do a certain side quest in one of the quarries.

Fireblight Ganon is a lot simpler, and easier to cheese. That entire divine beast mission is also relatively simple.

If you have problems though, I’d recommend getting the Master Sword, since that just cuts through malice like it’s paper.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

Oh, cause I bought just the trousers as the whole set is extremely expensive but it didn’t protect me as I went into the mine or whatever for the quest line, I still set on fire and died so I thought I maybe needed the whole set.

Where do I go to start the quest for the Master Sword?

Eel

@Pizzamorg huh that’s weird. Do keep in mind that even with the armor you are not immune to fire or lava, and wooden weapons can still catch fire.

Maybe that’s what happened?

For the master sword, have you seen a huge pink tree in the distance? Try going there.

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

I was gliding over the top of some lava, but I didn’t go in it, so even with a piece on if I get too close to the lava I will still die? Is there no way to get full immunity?

I also don’t remember seeing a huge pink tree, is that in the centre of the map? I have sort of avoided the centre of the map, as all of the enemies seem absurdly strong there and I often end up getting one shot by random trash enemies while trying to explore, so I figured I’d avoid that area until a later date.

VoidofLight

@Eel That's the beauty of this game. Dungeon too hard at the moment? Don't fret, since you can always come back to it later, and do something else instead. It's not like the past games where you could be stuck on a boss for hours, and not be able to progress.

"It is fate. Many have tried, yet none have ever managed to escape it's flow."

Eel

@Pizzamorg you should be able to see the forest from the mountain; big ball of fog with a huge tree. It’s not a difficult area, but it does involve a puzzle, you can’t just float down into it.

Immunity to lava? Not that I know. If you feel more comfortable with a full set of the armor, a Hylian npc on the way to Goron city can give you the chest piece if you give him 10 black lizards (you can get them around in the same area).

I do advise you to explore everywhere, don’t let the enemies scare you away from entire parts of the map: you can always run away if things get rough.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

FroZtedFlake

@Pizzamorg being close to lava, or going into certain areas of the death mountain area requires two pieces of armor to survive, and yeah what Eel said about the wooden weapons and not touching fire or lava (if you get the full set and have a great fairy upgrade each of the three pieces twice, then you gain total fire immunity, not lava though, this isn't necessary at all either, it's just cool) The Master Sword quest is a ways North of Hyrule Castle in a big foggy forest, follow the path in, and then you have to get past some puzzles

Edited on by FroZtedFlake

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

Tendo64

@pizzamorg
I used to hide behind the concrete arches/beams when Thunderblight would whip out the laser attacks. Sure-fire way to avoid damage.

For what it's worth - Thunderblight, IMO, is more difficult than the final boss...and the rest of the main story was a breeze after I finished Thunderblight. I did him last of all the four beasts though, and the other champion abilities learned came in very handy, particularly Daruk's Protection for a temporary shield, and Mipha's Grace when I'd die and get revived.

Edited on by Tendo64

Switch Friend Code: SW-7976-6692-0199

Pizzamorg

Tendo64 wrote:

@pizzamorg
I used to hide behind the concrete arches/beams when Thunderblight would whip out the laser attacks. Sure-fire way to avoid damage.

For what it's worth - Thunderblight, IMO, is more difficult than the final boss...and the rest of the main story was a breeze after I finished Thunderblight. I did him last of all the four beasts though, and the other champion abilities learned came in very handy, particularly Daruk's Protection for a temporary shield, and Mipha's Grace when I'd die and get revived.

I think I just felt so defeated, because I got so close and then the boss just busts out another phase with no warning and I’d burned through everything I had just to get to that point. Like weren’t the first two phases hard enough? Why make it so absurdly hard?

When I go back and face this thing, it won’t seem so bad because I know the boss just pulls more crap out of it’s ass right at the end, but at the same time it doesn’t change the attrition problem. If it takes all of my healing items/fairies/self res/shields just to get to stage 3, that means he can still effectively just one two punch me right at the end regardless.

I am going to take @Eel’s advice I think, try and obtain the Master Sword, clear out Death Mountain and then come back to this again. Hopefully the Master Sword and the DM power will be enough to give me that final push through to the end of the boss fight. Although it does mean I’ll have to spend hours again searching for shields, stocking up on food items, hunting for fairies etc which just sounds like a complete PITA but I guess the game has left me no other choice.

I actually did make it into the forest yesterday, but it seems really buggy? Lots of trees pop in right in front of me like I am playing Pokemon Shield again, this can often make it seem like there is a path forwards when there isn’t, forcing me to get teleported back to the checkpoint again. Very annoying.

Thanks for the advice @FroZtedFlakerZz, I’ll grab myself a second piece then, before heading into the DM mine.

FroZtedFlake

@Pizzamorg Np, but yeah the forest is probably the laggiest place on the map, but even then it shouldn't be TOO bad, there's a lot of fog, trees, and vegetation to slow down the game though, although the pop-in may just be from the fog abstracting some of your line of sight.

Games I'm playing right now:
Tears of the Kingdom - Switch

Kingdom Hearts 2 - PS4
Ace Attorney Trilogy - Switch

WoomyNNYes

Do we know how many fairt fountains Pizzamorg has found? I mean, he could also be struggling because hasn't upgraded his armor? Granted, desert/camel beast ganonblight was tough - it was the hardest devine beast boss. Pretty sure I lost patience with that boss fight and, youtubed it in order to beat it.

How many heart containers does he have? Or, is he cooking hearty raddishes for the heat container boost? I didn't tag Pizzamorg, in case I'm too late to the party here & rehashing things that have already been covered.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Pizzamorg

I have found one fairy and every armour piece has been upgraded at least once. I think I have ten hearts, maybe not the hearty radish meals though?

WoomyNNYes

@Pizzamorg If you cook a single hearty raddish, it adds a bonus few hearts - which will add yellow hearts to your heart containters. The hearts are single use, but if you cook & keep several on deck, it gives you a serious edge fighting a tough boss. I often use the sheika slate locator to find hearty raddishes, then cook them single. (**it doesn't matter if you set your slate sensor to hearty raddish, or big hearty raddish, it will always detect both)
one hearty raddish = 3 extra hearts
one big hearty raddish = 5 extra hearts
If you cook multiple, you can get more extra hearts, if you want.
2 hearty raddishes = 6 extra hearts
2 big hearty raddishes = 10 extra hearts
1 hearty raddish + 1 big hearty raddish = 8 extra hearts
5 hearty raddishes = 15 extra hearts
5 big hearty raddishes = 25 extra hearts

**max hearts to have is 30.
(**the extra hearts cannot help you get the Master Sword, though, that requires 13? actual heart containters)

You can upgrade your armor 4 times (once per fairy fountain you've found. There are only four fairy fountains). Although, the cost of the upgrades can sometimes require items that may take time to aquire.(You may already know this. Just being thorough)

edit: This is part of the beauty of BOTW, though, you can totally make Link overpowered, if you want.

Also, getting the master sword will be help you. When you fight a boss or guardian, the master sword will glow, and it won't break. The master sword always glows when you fight a boss or guardaian.

Edited on by WoomyNNYes

Extreme bicycle rider (<--Link to a favorite bike video)
'Tendo liker

Eel

@Pizzamorg and if you cook in a pot, for every hearty radish you add it gives 5 extra (temporary) hearts! There’s other ingredients that have the same effect as well.

For the Secret of the Lost Woods, I’d recommend slowing down, and looking. The wind wants to guide you.

If you find yourself needing more (real) hearts in a pinch, you can find a statue in Hateno that can swap your stamina and heart containers.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Pizzamorg

Oh, do I need 13 hearts to get the Master Sword? I guess I’ll make progress on Death Mountain then.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic