Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,381 to 13,400 of 15,210

Brian-Price

I know Ancient Armor, Ancient Weapons++, combined with lvl 3 attack food is the strongest combo, but darn it i love the "Of the wild" set. I can just eat attack food and still be very powerful, right?

Brian-Price

Old_Goat_Ninja

@shadow-wolf When I first saw Temple of Time, I assumed at some point you'd, you know, be able to use it to jump in time. I was wrong (obviously).

Switch: SW-8029-5307-6701
PSN: Old_Goat_Ninja
XBL: Old Goat Ninja
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/OldGoatNinja

Luna_110

What surprises me from current Zelda lore is that they are moving away from the old Triforce lore. They talk about the goddess's Golden power, while in Ocarina the three Goddesses were central, alongside the Triforce.
At least, up until I've been playing in BotW it seems they mention a lot from Skyward Sword, but not a peep about the Goddesses apart from the three springs.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

LeDave

Viewing live broadcasts of this game and I wonder. How can someone have so much health with maximum stamina? Are there really that much shrines in the game?

LeDave

Brian-Price

Does anyone know if there is a food that boost attack and speed both at once?

Brian-Price

veeflames

As far as I know BotW dishes tend to only provide one kind of boost, and nothing more. Since combining boosts isn't possible (I may be wrong), I don't think there's a dish that boosts both attack and speed at once. You could wear different sets of clothing that do that for you, though.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Brian-Price

speed x3 (x4 lotus seed+dragon horn) with attack x3 (fierce diety set) is op with master sword (new master sword) or lynel weapons.

Edited on by Brian-Price

Brian-Price

Ryu_Niiyama

@Luna_110 I think they aren't moving away from it so much as extending it out. After creating the world, the Golden Goddesses left to never return. The triforce has no will of its own and is somewhat literal minded (which I feel like that is what they were getting at with Fi and her being a sword spirit) when expressing the wishes of others. Yet a link between worlds shows that the Triforce isn't just an artifact but it is practically the linchpin of the world (heart or soul of the world maybe?).

Hylia is the heir of the stewardship of the world at this point as she was tasked to protect the Triforce (I have a pet theory that she is the Goddess of Time referenced in OoT and she was born from the Triforce's creation) and as Zelda's divinity is expounded upon she is elevated as more than just a bearer of the Triforce but its natural protector and Link and his soul as Hylia's chosen champion function as her champion. I think the biggest change is that Zelda and Ganon are now powerful in their own right when before their aspects of the Triforce impacted that. No matter what Zelda is Hylia reborn and Ganon has his own power and motivation as the malice of Demise. Link still feels like a blank slate to me as he was a chosen champion but he has no inherent motivation, other than not wanting to see the world destroyed I guess. Ah well its all fun to dabble in.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Brian-Price

@Ryu_Niiyama what are you babbling on about? This is about breath of the wild you are in left field pal lol

Brian-Price

GameOtaku

I just picked up a switch and BOTW. I'm enjoying the game so far but good grief the weapons are so dang brittle! They just don't last at all and arrows are not as easy to come by as in previous games, speaking of rare finds so are rupees!

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@DarthNocturnal
I know you can cook food but you can also forge weapons and craft armor? I sold a lot of ore recently to by light armor at hateno.

Edited on by GameOtaku

GameOtaku

Ryu_Niiyama

@ReeLongbow Excuse you? I was on topic and not addressing you. If my "babbling" bothers you so feel free to ignore it next time.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Brian-Price

@Ryu_Niiyama You keep blabbing on about nonsense that has nothing to do with what i was talking about or the topic. Who cares about the lore of old games, we was discussing breath of the wild game mechanics and weapons. C'mon get off the nerd drugs.

Brian-Price

Nicolai

@ReeLongbow Yeesh. @Ryu_Niiyama is still talking about the game. Don't yell at her just because she isn't talking about what you want to talk about. We're all nerds here.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Dynadan

@Meowpheel Don't forget upgrading armor.

Life, the Universe, and Everything

3DS Friend Code: 4957-2813-6791 | Nintendo Network ID: shooter009

Ryu_Niiyama

@ReeLongbow I'm going to reply to this once and leave it alone because quite frankly you aren't worth my time. I'll break it up so you can follow along since you seem to be having issues with that.

A) I was responding to someone else in the thread (please use basic reading comprehension skills as they would have saved you some embarrassment). B) That person was talking about BOTW and its lore and my response was speaking directly to that, thus on topic. C) This thread isn't about you. D) You ain't a mod, so next time you want to dictate to me have a star by your avatar. E) If you thought for one second that being rude when you were in the wrong was going to garner you anything other than a hostile response you may want to check your expectations of reality...as they are quite off.

TLDR: You derailed the thread not I. I'm done here, shoo fly, don't bother me. Have a nice day.

@GameOtaku Congrats on your new purchase (excuse the housecleaning above)! Prepare to watch hours of your life disappear before your very eyes.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic