Forums

Topic: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild

Posts 13,401 to 13,420 of 15,210

shadow-wolf

So, I don't know about you guys, but while I haven't beaten the game yet (so no spoilers please!), I noticed something a bit strange about BotW compared to other previous Zelda games in terms of difficulty. It certainly is tougher than the more recent Zelda games in the beginning (which has been noted quite a bit), but I feel like towards the end the game actually becomes EASIER than previous Zelda games. Even facing a White-maned Lynel, the toughest field enemy of the game without DLC, has become pretty easy to me. What do you guys feel about this? When I get a Switch and buy BotW on it, I'll be sure to play Master Mode, that may solve some of the difficulty concerns.

shadow-wolf

Ryu_Niiyama

@shadow-wolf Honestly I feel that half of the difficulty of BOTW is learning the fighting system. The majority of attacks can be parried for instance so I feel that the game keeps the same difficulty (over all since you are fighting the same enemies except damage sponges) and you improve making it easier. I went from running from Guardians to hunting them for parts after I learned the parry timing.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

shadow-wolf

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah that is very true. I actually haven't gotten good at parrying with either the sword or shield, but I have gotten really good at those dodges that slow down time and allow you to hit an enemy repeatedly (forgot what those are called). Though just curious, how does parrying help you fight Guardians? Guardians in my experience use their blue laser, I didn't know there was a way to parry that.

shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

@Meowpheel Now you've made me curious. I always ran away from lasers just before they shot them to avoid them, or shot the Guardian in its eye for buying some time. I guess I'll check out parrying in more detail when I get a chance. I do wish you could redo shrines though, I'd like to redo the Kakariko Village shrine to review some of those parrying techniques

shadow-wolf

Eel

I believe the mini guardians in the shrines respawn with the blood moon.

But in the case of guardian lasers, you're better off practicing on broken ground guardians.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

@shadow-wolf Well look at it this way: if the Guardian blast can turn link into a charcoal briquette imagine what happens if the Guardians have their own power turned against them?

It's good to just work on parrying and dodging in the open world as the timing window is a little different based upon what you are fighting. Keep at it, you'll get it.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Brian-Price

@KirbyTheVampire No but her conversations was drowning out peoples questions about the game, this isn't a classic thread this is BOTW

Brian-Price

KirbyTheVampire

Well, I'd say there's definitely a troll in our midst. Probably best to just ignore it, everyone.

KirbyTheVampire

MrMeowPuss

I'm really looking forward to the release of the champions balad DLC, hopefully it has quite a deep story to it.

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

shadow-wolf

@Ryu_Niiyama @Meowpheel I tried some parrying today, but lost a few Royal Guard shields and hearts with no success. I just found out though that apparently I needed to press A with my shield up in order to parry ... lol. I had assumed all this time that parrying occurs just by raising the shield at the last second. I'll be sure to try it out soon, perhaps against Calamity Ganon when I fight him soon for the first time.

shadow-wolf

MFD

@shadow-wolf I'd recommend to try it with Guardians to reflect their beams, though that's much easier than to parry some physical blows

MFD

Brian-Price

Or do like me and bait them in close quarter combat and just start chopping their legs off.

Brian-Price

MrMeowPuss

@KirbyTheVampire I'm thinking/hoping that BOTW was just the open world to introduce you to the current Hyrule, then the Champions Ballad will be the true immersive story experience.

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss Friend Code: SW-7290-1987-5404

Nintendo Network ID: MrMeowPuss | Twitter:

Eel

I'd recommend to keep expectations a bit more grounded. If you go thinking the dlc will be a grand full-featured adventure with more to it than the main game, you'll probably end up disappointed.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

-Green-

I keep forgetting the second DLC is including a new dungeon. Hopefully it's well done, and not some rehashed gimped shrine-esque dungeon.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

My guess is that the new dungeon is the same style as the Divine Beasts rather than your typical Zelda dungeon.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

MFD

@Meowpheel I heard it might be post Ganon, and I'd love to see what the devs will do with this vast, expansive, yet due to lore deserted, world.

MFD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic