Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 801 to 820 of 11,401

revolutionika

For comparison to the Switch physical releases games being too many released or if you think there is too many planned for a period of 1 year.

The Wii has 1,261 physical releases in the USA during its lifetime.

Let’s say the Wii has a lifetime of about 7 good years.

Just evenly divided out, that is 180 games released per year.

The Switch is on track to sell very well, as good as Wii??? Who knows.

http://nintendoenthusiast.com/blog/2016/07/05/nintendos-conso...

revolutionika

link3710

@revolutionika The Wii had a HUGE amount of awful games though, give me the percentage of those that are a 60% or higher on metacritic and I'm sure it would take the largest hit by far. That said, the Switch will surpass the Wii U in physically released games by September at the very latest, so that's a good sign already, especially since many games that would have gotten a physical release long ago are now digital only in the Wii U/Switch era.

link3710

revolutionika

Yeah, the total count on Wii doesn’t differentiate between a good game or shovelware.

With any popular system you have crap games.

It only matters if you are going for a complete collection. It just means more crappy games you are forced to buy! Ha

revolutionika

Paraka

@link3710 - The shovelware didn't come into play till the latter end of the second year for Wii when the success has proven itself and party games were all very well off.

Paraka

SVTornado

Owlboy physical release on May 29

SVTornado

link3710

@Paraka True, but most shovelware these days would go for an eshop only release I'd assume, better chance of ROI So hopefully the Switch won't see all the worthwhile games get buried in the retail space like the Wii, and to a lesser extent the DS did.

link3710

McGruber

Finally got around to updating the list. Can anyone confirm or deny that Flight Simulator, Tiny Planet, and 3D minigolf feature an English option?

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

Polan18

@McGruber hello! I have all three and can confirm they have English as a language option.

Polan18

SVTornado

Harvest moon light of hope special edition releases physically on switch in may.

SVTornado

McGruber

@Polan18 Thanks!

@SVTornado I forgot about that one. I'm not sure I like the direction they took the visuals, but Stardew Valley is a huge hit so I don't really blame. I kind of want to try one of the 3DS entries now...

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

LiamBull1996

Lost Spear isn't online exclusive. At least not in Australia. i saw it at jb-hi-fi the other day.

LiamBull1996

SVTornado

@liambull1996 in the us it is online exclusive and the list is based of the us. I know though that in Europe and Australia it isn't online exclusive. (I live in Europe)

SVTornado

Noodles5666

Death Squared also has a physical release.

Noodles5666

TalonMan

revolutionika wrote:

For comparison to the Switch physical releases games being too many released or if you think there is too many planned for a period of 1 year.

Well - let's also remember that the Wii launched over a decade ago (can't believe it's been that long, already!!!) and since that time, there has been an ongoing push towards a "digitally only" world. So, it's THAT fact which has caused the greatest amount of surprise for me.

I fully expected at least 50% or more of the Switch libaray, would be digital-only - with the push towards digital games and the portable nature of the Switch, it seemed like a foregone conclusion... ...a conclusion for which I'm happy to be wrong about!!

TalonMan

revolutionika

TalonMan wrote:

revolutionika wrote:

Well - let's also remember that the Wii launched over a decade ago (can't believe it's been that long, already!!!) and since that time, there has been an ongoing push towards a "digitally only" world. So, it's THAT fact which has caused the greatest amount of surprise for me.

I fully expected at least 50% or more of the Switch libaray, would be digital-only - with the push towards digital games and the portable nature of the Switch, it seemed like a foregone conclusion... ...a conclusion for which I'm happy to be wrong about!!

Yep. The industry would love to go digital for sure, all while still charging full price 50/60 dollars for a digital download where you don’t actually physically own it. I’m all for the carts!

revolutionika

SVTornado

@Noodles5666 where have you seen a physical version of death squared? I haven't heard anything about that, but I would love it!

SVTornado

link3710

Death Squared was wonderful... I want that physical copy... Though if you check, there's no physical game card in there, just a download code.

link3710

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Rising Star Games are going to publish Flipping Death physically.

Untitled

LONDON, UK – 8 February 2018 – Videogame publisher Rising Star Games, in collaboration with acclaimed developer Zoink Games, today announced that new title Flipping Death will receive a physical release in the USA, Europe and beyond on PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch. The physical edition releases at the same time as the digital release from Zoink Games, and includes exclusive additional physical ‘collector cards’ in the box.

The boxed retail edition of Flipping Death contains two physical collector cards lavishly created by the artists at Zoink Games, bringing some of your favourite characters to life. The cards also contain character bios and unlock codes to help complete your full collection of cards inside the game itself.

“We are honoured to work in continued partnership with such an esteemed and award-winning creative force as Zoink Games”, said Martin Defries, Managing Director at Rising Star Games. “Being able to bring Zoink’s wild imagination and vision of Flipping Death to players in physical boxed form with additional items in the box enables Rising Star Games to serve the community as well as nurture new Zoink fans.”

The events of Flipping Death take place in Flatwood Peaks, a small whimsical town with a problem - Death is on vacation. Play as Penny and help the trapped ghosts with your trusted scythe. Flip the entire world around to solve puzzles on both the living and the dead sides and slowly uncover the mystery surrounding your own demise.

Flipping Death key features:
Unique mix of adventure and platforming set in a twisted, rich and colourful world
Flip the entire world with the press of a single button
Possess the living and use them to solve puzzles
Innovative physics combined with an immersive story told over several different chapters
Spiritual successor to Zoink’s previous smash hit game Stick It To The Man

Flipping Death, developed by Zoink Games and published at physical retail by Rising Star Games, will be available for PlayStation 4 and Nintendo Switch at selected retailers across the USA, Europe and beyond in Spring 2018. For more information follow Rising Star Games on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or visit the official Rising Star Games website.

Source: PR email

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic