Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,741 to 5,760 of 6,616

leerafuse

Magician wrote:

Ooof, goodness, how about that asking price for the CE of Blacksad: Under the Skin on Amazon ES?

https://www.amazon.es/Meridiem-Games-BLACKSAD-UNDER-COLLECTOR...

Glad I am not a collectors ed. collector. It is almost as much as Earthlock haha At least Super Rare Games hold/exceed their value

382 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
130 NES games... and counting...

SW-5222-8583-6229

Magician

Boutique publisher First Press Games is preparing to announce their first three Switch releases.

Switch Physical Collection - 430 games (as of October 14th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Anti-Matter

@Magician
I have never heard about First Press Games.
Are they a new entry developer?

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

Magician

@Anti-Matter - Yes, they're new, but they appear to be more established than other newer boutique publishers like Ultra Rare Games or Hidden Gem Games.

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Kangarooskillit

It's looking like First Press Game's first 3 releases will be A Hole New World, Shadow Bug and Castle of Heart.

Kangarooskillit

leerafuse

Just got an email from Dispatch Games. Psyvariar Delta has a confirmed for July 2nd release date. If you bought it from Dispatch directly ships 2 weeks before that. Also if you ordered directly from Dispatch, DLC will be included via a code. I personally never thought it would come out and I lost money haha

Edited on by leerafuse

N64 games.. completed!!

SW-5222-8583-6229

Miadaskate

Kangarooskillit wrote:

It's looking like First Press Game's first 3 releases will be A Hole New World, Shadow Bug and Castle of Heart.

Needless to say, but those games are kinda meh. Understandable though; being a new publishing company, they probably didn’t have access to the more popular catalog of indie titles. A Hole New World and Shadow Bug, while interesting in concept, have both been done before. Castle of Heart just looks bad.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Nothing!
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Link’s Awakening
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

@Miadaskate @Kangarooskillit

Overall metacritic for each game: A Hole New World - 70, Castle of Hearts - 53, Shadow Bug - 75.

Nothing award-winning, but certainly good games. Although there are several better options out there. Just take a quick glance at the games with a metacritic of 80+ but no physical release.
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/s...

Into the Breach, Mini Metro, Night in the Woods, Neurovoider, Gorogoa, Wandersong, ABZU, etc.

It makes me wonder how many of these LRG and SRG already have locked in contractually.

Miadaskate

@Magician Yes; I looked at the Metacritic scores before I typed my original comment. Good, not great. I don’t consider a 53 good though. I don’t think I’ll be spending money on these.

And yes, there are MANY better options out there.

Night in the Woods HAS to get a physical release eventually. Can’t believe it hasn’t yet.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Solomon18

oh another boutique publisher. I don't know weather to laugh or to cry. the first two titles look ok but nothing great. castle of hearts looks clumsy n crude (and I really love medieval settings) but that's a good thing cause well I already have a giant want list

Edited on by Solomon18

Solomon18

leerafuse

Anyone notice that Deponia and Silence don’t have the font of Nintendo Switch games? Haven’t seen this since early games like just dance and super bomberman

N64 games.. completed!!

SW-5222-8583-6229

Magician

leerafuse wrote:

Anyone notice that Deponia and Silence don’t have the font of Nintendo Switch games? Haven’t seen this since early games like just dance and super bomberman

The same goes for Constructor Plus and probably one or two other games I don't remember off the top of my head.

P.S. - ESP Ra.De. (pronounced as rah-day) is coming to Switch from M2 Shot Triggers. If this sells well chances are good we'll see other Cave games ported to the Switch. Battle Garegga, Dangun Feveron, Gwange, etc.
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/esp-ra-de-m2-shottriggers-release...

Miadaskate

Coming to LRG this Friday : Dragon’s Lair Trilogy

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Which will possibly be their least popular Switch release to date. I'm all for nostalgia, but we're talking about a series of games from antiquated technology. It's a piece of history that I'll gladly support. However, I'm sure younger gamers will look at this and ask, "wth is this?"

Why youngsters, this is the grandfather of QTEs.

Belexes

Magician wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Which will possibly be their least popular Switch release to date. I'm all for nostalgia, but we're talking about a series of games from antiquated technology. It's a piece of history that I'll gladly support. However, I'm sure younger gamers will look at this and ask, "wth is this?"

Similar to Night Trap I'd imagine as to a youngster's response.

Belexes

Miadaskate

Yeah; definitely not interested in Dragon’s Lair at all; just keeping the thread going. I respect its historical importance, though.

In other news, I received Old Man’s Journey today and I couldn’t be more disappointed. The packaging, outside of the front cover and spine, is entirely in French. Interior art, left side of which is just a French description. Right side is just an “Old Man’s Journey” logo. Back of box is entirely in French. No manual. I guess I was expecting it to at least have multi language on the packaging. This was pretty pricey too. It will probably be the first and last Red Art Games title I purchase.

Unless....Paraka, are you the one who has been making alternate Switch covers? Perhaps one could be made for Old Man’s Journey, but translated to English?

Update : Speaking with a representative of the business, French Law requires that their covers be in French. Just something for you all to be aware of, if you weren’t already.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

SKTTR

Magician wrote:

Why youngsters, this is the grandfather of QTEs.

Dragon's Lair, the grandfather of Quick-Time-Event games. Yeah, that's a point on description.
Mr. Game & Watch might have a say in this though. He's kinda QTEy as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Solomon18

a couple more copies of Earthlock go on sale in 2 days time (70standard/10ce)

Solomon18

Solomon18

dragons lair? no thanks. I wish lrg would just hurry up n give us Bastion & Transistor like I know they will. been waiting years to play those two. e3 will be good. lrg had a slew of releases at last years summit so will be looking forward to that.

Solomon18

GrailUK

@SKTTR Hmm. I don't regard Game and Watch as qte. I see it as traditional gameplay with literally one frame of animation lol. QTE for me is being rigidly told to press something directly in a certain amount of time. Yuck.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic