Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,741 to 5,760 of 11,400

Magician

leerafuse wrote:

Anyone notice that Deponia and Silence don’t have the font of Nintendo Switch games? Haven’t seen this since early games like just dance and super bomberman

The same goes for Constructor Plus and probably one or two other games I don't remember off the top of my head.

P.S. - ESP Ra.De. (pronounced as rah-day) is coming to Switch from M2 Shot Triggers. If this sells well chances are good we'll see other Cave games ported to the Switch. Battle Garegga, Dangun Feveron, Gwange, etc.
https://gematsu.com/2019/05/esp-ra-de-m2-shottriggers-release...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Coming to LRG this Friday : Dragon’s Lair Trilogy

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Which will possibly be their least popular Switch release to date. I'm all for nostalgia, but we're talking about a series of games from antiquated technology. It's a piece of history that I'll gladly support. However, I'm sure younger gamers will look at this and ask, "wth is this?"

Why youngsters, this is the grandfather of QTEs.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Belexes

Magician wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Which will possibly be their least popular Switch release to date. I'm all for nostalgia, but we're talking about a series of games from antiquated technology. It's a piece of history that I'll gladly support. However, I'm sure younger gamers will look at this and ask, "wth is this?"

Similar to Night Trap I'd imagine as to a youngster's response.

Belexes

Miadaskate

Yeah; definitely not interested in Dragon’s Lair at all; just keeping the thread going. I respect its historical importance, though.

In other news, I received Old Man’s Journey today and I couldn’t be more disappointed. The packaging, outside of the front cover and spine, is entirely in French. Interior art, left side of which is just a French description. Right side is just an “Old Man’s Journey” logo. Back of box is entirely in French. No manual. I guess I was expecting it to at least have multi language on the packaging. This was pretty pricey too. It will probably be the first and last Red Art Games title I purchase.

Unless....Paraka, are you the one who has been making alternate Switch covers? Perhaps one could be made for Old Man’s Journey, but translated to English?

Update : Speaking with a representative of the business, French Law requires that their covers be in French. Just something for you all to be aware of, if you weren’t already.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

SKTTR

Magician wrote:

Why youngsters, this is the grandfather of QTEs.

Dragon's Lair, the grandfather of Quick-Time-Event games. Yeah, that's a point on description.
Mr. Game & Watch might have a say in this though. He's kinda QTEy as well.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

yeayeanaynay

a couple more copies of Earthlock go on sale in 2 days time (70standard/10ce)

yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

dragons lair? no thanks. I wish lrg would just hurry up n give us Bastion & Transistor like I know they will. been waiting years to play those two. e3 will be good. lrg had a slew of releases at last years summit so will be looking forward to that.

yeayeanaynay

GrailUK

@SKTTR Hmm. I don't regard Game and Watch as qte. I see it as traditional gameplay with literally one frame of animation lol. QTE for me is being rigidly told to press something directly in a certain amount of time. Yuck.

Edited on by GrailUK

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Paraka

@Miadaskate - I am indeed. Still shopping around for the proper printing to get it as sharp and close as I can to authentic.

That being said; I received OMJ the same day you did, noticed the same issues. If anyone speaks French would like to translate it so I can be as close to genuine as I can, I will more than likely prioritize this over Beat 'Em Up Bundle which I am currently working on.

Already e-mailed the developer for art assets to reconstruct the cover.

Paraka

Magician

Bah, it turns out that the LE for Daedalus: The Awakening of Golden Jazz will be similar to the DE for Tales of Vesperia, a PS4 steelbook for a Switch release. It's one of those "once purchased it cannot be cancelled or returned" affairs. So...$30 for a box, an audio cd, and an artbook. Oh well, I've spent more for less before.

Still, it's less than what Nin-nin and Play-Asia charge for these limited editions once they're past open preorders. Their prices are often double the msrp at that point.

GrailUK

@Magician Where have you ordered it from?

GrailUK

@Magician Thanks man. It looks like a really interesting game (with a really good soundtrack!)

SKTTR

GrailUK wrote:

@SKTTR Hmm. I don't regard Game and Watch as qte. I see it as traditional gameplay with literally one frame of animation lol. QTE for me is being rigidly told to press something directly in a certain amount of time. Yuck.

With saying 'QTEy' (not 'QTE') I just meant the simplicity, the limitations and similarities that are both present in Game&Watch and Laserdisc games: Basic controls (four directions and one or two buttons) due to strict animation rules.

Never meant to sound like I'm dumping G&W and QTE into the same genre folder. When looking at the gameplay and visuals, they're obviously very different from each other. Like you said, but in my own words, QTE is the term for games where the player has to react to input prompts and enter them in a short time to not have a different (often bad) outcome. I'm just saying that something like Dragon's Lair would have been possible on G&W hardware (just with much less FMV).

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

GrailUK

@SKTTR Ahh I'm with ya and see where you are coming from I must admit, I regard rhythm games like Dance Dance to be qte and just goes to show there is a place for all kinds of gameplay. Reacting to a certain direction plays much better to a beat than exploring a castle, Japanese city or web slinging,

Tobiaku

Personaly I look forward to Dragon's lair.

Tobiaku

3DS Friend Code: 1977-0291-4355

Magician

tobibra wrote:

Personaly I look forward to Dragon's lair.

Don't mistake my pessimism as me being uninterested. Dragon's Lair is a watershed moment in gaming...from the 80's. Nothing was as impressive in terms of interactive art. But even today's casual gaming crowd wants more than one input, inputted at the correct time, or experience immediate failure. Although I suppose Call of Duty's spray'n'pray pew-pew fest isn't much better by comparison.

Magician

Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution is open to preorder on Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Yu-Gi-Oh-Legacy-Duelist-Evolution-Nint...

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - I am indeed. Still shopping around for the proper printing to get it as sharp and close as I can to authentic.

That being said; I received OMJ the same day you did, noticed the same issues. If anyone speaks French would like to translate it so I can be as close to genuine as I can, I will more than likely prioritize this over Beat 'Em Up Bundle which I am currently working on.

Already e-mailed the developer for art assets to reconstruct the cover.

I knew it was you! Much appreciated my friend; please keep me posted on this!

Currently Playing :

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic