Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 5,721 to 5,740 of 11,398

Miadaskate

Nicalis just launched their own online store. Here you’ll be able to buy exclusive physical titles, as well as their standard catalog of releases. In case you missed any, they will also be selling the original “pre-order” releases with the goodies, but these are limited quantities, of course. They’re also offering 15% off on your first order. Pretty cool!

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Paraka

@Miadaskate - Five bucks say their first release to champion this store is Ikaruga.

Paraka

Belexes

Ikaruga finally!? (maybe)

Belexes

Magician

Hmm, nothing exclusive to the Nicalis store...yet. It would be a different story if they offered limited editions their games exclusively through the online store like NIS America. But right now just the nationwide standard releases are offered. In any case, Nicalis as been pretty quiet recently. They don't have a single game scheduled for release beyond Crystal Crisis in a couple weeks.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

shock_trooper

Magician wrote:

Hmm, nothing exclusive to the Nicalis store...yet. It would be a different story if they offered limited editions their games exclusively through the online store like NIS America. But right now just the nationwide standard releases are offered. In any case, Nicalis as been pretty quiet recently. They don't have a single game scheduled for release beyond Crystal Crisis in a couple weeks.

Umihara Kawase Fresh! is scheduled for July.

shock_trooper

Magician

shock_trooper wrote:

Umihara Kawase Fresh! is scheduled for July.

Ah, quite right, I forgot that one. Thanks for the reminder..

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Hmm, nothing exclusive to the Nicalis store...yet.

Actually, there is : Runner3 for PlayStation 4.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

It would be a different story if they offered limited editions their games exclusively through the online store like NIS America.

Technically, the original pre-order versions with the goodies are kinda like a limited edition, so....

Currently Playing :

Magician

Ooof, goodness, how about that asking price for the CE of Blacksad: Under the Skin on Amazon ES?

https://www.amazon.es/Meridiem-Games-BLACKSAD-UNDER-COLLECTOR...

leerafuse

Magician wrote:

Ooof, goodness, how about that asking price for the CE of Blacksad: Under the Skin on Amazon ES?

https://www.amazon.es/Meridiem-Games-BLACKSAD-UNDER-COLLECTOR...

Glad I am not a collectors ed. collector. It is almost as much as Earthlock haha At least Super Rare Games hold/exceed their value

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Magician

Boutique publisher First Press Games is preparing to announce their first three Switch releases.

Anti-Matter

@Magician
I have never heard about First Press Games.
Are they a new entry developer?

Anti-Matter

Magician

@Anti-Matter - Yes, they're new, but they appear to be more established than other newer boutique publishers like Ultra Rare Games or Hidden Gem Games.

Kangarooskillit

It's looking like First Press Game's first 3 releases will be A Hole New World, Shadow Bug and Castle of Heart.

Kangarooskillit

leerafuse

Just got an email from Dispatch Games. Psyvariar Delta has a confirmed for July 2nd release date. If you bought it from Dispatch directly ships 2 weeks before that. Also if you ordered directly from Dispatch, DLC will be included via a code. I personally never thought it would come out and I lost money haha

Edited on by leerafuse

NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Miadaskate

Kangarooskillit wrote:

It's looking like First Press Game's first 3 releases will be A Hole New World, Shadow Bug and Castle of Heart.

Needless to say, but those games are kinda meh. Understandable though; being a new publishing company, they probably didn’t have access to the more popular catalog of indie titles. A Hole New World and Shadow Bug, while interesting in concept, have both been done before. Castle of Heart just looks bad.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate @Kangarooskillit

Overall metacritic for each game: A Hole New World - 70, Castle of Hearts - 53, Shadow Bug - 75.

Nothing award-winning, but certainly good games. Although there are several better options out there. Just take a quick glance at the games with a metacritic of 80+ but no physical release.
https://www.metacritic.com/browse/games/score/metascore/all/s...

Into the Breach, Mini Metro, Night in the Woods, Neurovoider, Gorogoa, Wandersong, ABZU, etc.

It makes me wonder how many of these LRG and SRG already have locked in contractually.

Miadaskate

@Magician Yes; I looked at the Metacritic scores before I typed my original comment. Good, not great. I don’t consider a 53 good though. I don’t think I’ll be spending money on these.

And yes, there are MANY better options out there.

Night in the Woods HAS to get a physical release eventually. Can’t believe it hasn’t yet.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

yeayeanaynay

oh another boutique publisher. I don't know weather to laugh or to cry. the first two titles look ok but nothing great. castle of hearts looks clumsy n crude (and I really love medieval settings) but that's a good thing cause well I already have a giant want list

Edited on by yeayeanaynay

yeayeanaynay

leerafuse

Anyone notice that Deponia and Silence don’t have the font of Nintendo Switch games? Haven’t seen this since early games like just dance and super bomberman

NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic