Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 4,581 to 4,600 of 11,405

hirokun

I'm tapped out. Going into next year I'll start liquidating my collection(my whole collection, not just switch) and put that money towards other things. Life I guess. I filled my appetite to collect and realized how I enjoyed it, but now want the games to all find new good homes. I'll still hang around. I enjoy the many boutique releases we get, and the ones that I actually want I'll still get. But for example I'll be wanting to dump the ones I never really wanted. In a way it was sort of a nice investment, but I would rather someone else actually be happy to have a game than me sit on my brood of games like a dragon.

So good luck everyone.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

SVTornado

@hirokun good luck with whatever new ventures you decide to head into now and I’m sure some people here would be interested in items from your collection.

SVTornado

The_Legend77

@hirokun

I understand. Selling my collection the other day hurt...but what didn't hurt was paying off the debt I put myself in cause of collecting.

I'm done with LRG. Can't afford their stuff plus I'm having issues with stuff that should have shipped and getting little contact back.

I'm paying off bills which is much better than buying up every Switch game. SRG will get my business until they explode like LRG, if they do.

Buy what you'll play, and take care of yourself first!

The_Legend77

Magician

The_Legend77 wrote:

Buy what you'll play, and take care of yourself first!

Well said. Clearly everyone here enjoys collecting for the Switch. But this hobby shouldn't take presidence over your livelihood. Hobbies are an indulgence, they're a means to make the rigors of day to day life more enjoyable. Never make your hobby a burden.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,252 games (as of April 30th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Paraka

Well as of Black Friday, all the coupons, gift cards and spare money has reached their point. Maybe some budgeting with it would made them go further. Alas, I will be slowing down on my purchases simply because the releases accelerated beyond what I could possibly imagine.

I guess you can say I am still all in, as it has been my bucket list item for a while now. So I cannot say this will be done timely, but definitely priorities shifted towards more boutique and limited prints over major publishing. This may actually benefit me in the end, as I will likely find them discounted later on.

But I ask this; Has my visual omnibus been appreciated from those who has handed in the towel? Would be curious if people would still like the visual aid for whatever their purposes.

Also, Trailblazers is quite fun, recommend trying it out.

Paraka

leerafuse

Furi just shipped for LRG. oooh yeah!

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Belexes

Fox n Forests standard edition just went live at Strictly Limited.

Belexes

hirokun

@The_Legend77 thanks and Yes I will. LRG lost my business too in part for that reason as well. Also they are just taking the piss at this point with some really low quality games.

But for me, I'll come out a little ahead. for many games I would get one to collect, one to open. So I have doubles on many. I also got the white "galf" game from LRG so I'm just going to turn that one back around to get myself out of the hole too. My collection does have a fair number of the more obscure titles, so I'm happy enough that I've got some of the fun ones like Lovers in a dangerous space time and I cannot forget my lovely CEs for zelda and xenoblade 2.

For me it isn't about money honestly. I could keep doing this, but I wanted to put my money towards more meaningful things at this point instead of hoarding a literal closet full of games.

Once I get my remaining game orders fulfilled, I'll be taking them to a convention swap meet and trading/selling there. Its especially good for that and I should be able to avoid ebay fees and buyer scams(already lost my GPU to a scammer so I'm literally using an 8 year old GPU).

Anyhow, Cosmic Star Heroine will be my next pick up regardless as I WILL play that.

I sexually identify as a Pommelo

Belexes

2nd batch Fox n Forests standard edition goes live 11:00 CST.

Belexes

Belexes

Are any collectors left? Seems like everyone is tapping out. Careful on avoiding the shovelware, just get the good games. :^)

Belexes

Paraka

@Belexes - I am still ultimately in, just shifting priorities to boutique releases opposed to evenly with major publishing. Wouldn't be making the visual omnibus if I didn't have intent.

This has been a bucket list for me for many years. I want to do this before the whole digital wave hits. I am just taken back by how much a force Switch has become.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Katelyn1223

@Belexes I'm still, kind of, collecting. I've given up on all of the limited releases and am just content with getting as many as I can at this point rather than trying to "collect them all"

Switch Physical Games Spreadsheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ztbZ37Or08ub4ubWULM7GqAj-F1G4OLJ08cynbzZcp0/edit?usp=sharing

Updated Daily!

Magician

Still all-in here. I'd like to have a complete collection, but I'm not a complete madman who's after each copy from each region. I have limits. However, I am at the extreme end of the spectrum amongst the collectors here. If the game at least supports English subs...I'm interested.

The sheer number of games with English subs being released in Japan over these next couple of months would make any collector-on-a-budget queasy.

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

leerafuse

Still going strong here. However, mainly focusing on LRG, SRG and SLG at the moment. I feel those later on down the road will be the most expensive. Everything that comes to EB games, BB and Walmart can wait, unless I "need" to play it. ha

Edited on by leerafuse

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Everygame

Still going strong here as well... I only collect basic editions of each game since the very beginning but with almost 300 physical games by this years end I'll be waiting for retail releases to drop in price considering many of the games go on sale sometimes less then a week after their release. That's frustrating lol.

LRG, SRG, Special Reserve etc are going to be first priority starting in 2019 and regular retails I'll get but unless it's something I want day of release I'll wait a few weeks. Seems like the Switch gets less pre-order bonuses too.

Anybody else notice that you get no points for physical releases from LRG and SRG ? Kinda sucks wonder if that will ever change.

Also what is PlayAsias #003 title?

It's also confusing that Super Rare Games and Special Reserve Games are both "SRG" for short, lol.

Thanks

Edited on by Everygame

Everygame

Magician

Less than three days left on the Hazelnut Bastille kickstarter.

The goal that offers Switch physical copies has been met, so get in while you can.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1330693854/hazelnut-bast...

Miadaskate

SpaceAce13 wrote:

I would, but I just can’t put down $50 for a game that won’t come out for minimum 2 years

This. Learned my lesson from Indivisible, big-time. Never again.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

In terms of collecting; I’m still going, but I only ever bought games I knew I would play / enjoy.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

SpaceAce13

Miadaskate wrote:

In terms of collecting; I’m still going, but I only ever bought games I knew I would play / enjoy.

Same boat. I love collecting and buying games... I have 80+ now, but all (save a few that I impulse bought) are games that I want to eventually play. Whether or not I actually do may be a different story

SpaceAce13

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic