Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 281 to 300 of 11,401

TalonMan

@McGruber Ha! Ha!! Yeah - I kinda think that, too. It was just a really strange response and I sensed that rep at least attempted to go the extra mile to tell me that COPIES are coming in (he didn't state it generically like, "these items are coming in" - he SPECIFICALLY said they've "begun to receive copies", meaning he understands the difference between a video game and any of the 1000s of other things they sell).

I'm POSITIVE I'm reading way too much into this! LOL!!! The choice of wording just seemed a bit out of the ordinary from the usual responses I get from Amazon, so I figured I would share it with everyone else and let the conspiracy theories fly...

Edited on by TalonMan

TalonMan

Barnes87

@TalonMan They done the same thing to me with the new nokia 3310. Waited to day of release to tell me they magically had no stock. Then you look online and scalpers are selling for triple the price.

Barnes87

McGruber

@Barnes87 There's a joke here somewhere but I'm not going to do it as a fan of HTC phones. At least you ain't a bandwagoner!

McGruber

Nintendo Network ID: McGruber

McGruber

@yeayeanaynay All three of those games are must buys for me if they do. The one I want the most is Stardew Valley though.

McGruber

Paraka

@yeayeanaynay - I am really torn about this. Namely cause the LRG games are brutal for me to get a hold of since it happens sudden and at a time that most people are just working. I have NEVER been able to get either of the games I want through LRG.

Yet, without them, they'd never exist to begin with.

Paraka

TalonMan

McGruber wrote:

@yeayeanaynay All three of those games are must buys for me if they do. The one I want the most is Stardew Valley though.

Same here - especially Stardew Valley!! I don't think I can hold out though, waiting for a cart on that one. One of my favorite games of all time was Harvest Moon on the N64, and that's what this game reminds me of! There is an insanely STRONG pull for me to buy this one, and I just don't see a way that I would be able to avoid double-dipping on this particular title...

...btw - @McGruber, I assume you've been doing this all along, but if you make updates to the OP for new games or release dates, can you make sure to bump this thread and let us know? It's such a deep thread at this point that I rarely ever go back to that OP now, and if something new gets added I definitely want to know about it!

TalonMan

McGruber

I usually bump the thread when there's a significant update but not every time a new game is announced. The list might not always be accurate because release dates have been in flux for physical Switch games, but you can always check the thread to see what the weeks new releases will be, big and small. 😊

McGruber

Paraka

@yeayeanaynay - Going to call bunk on that for now. I suspect a more updated version (think Snipperclips Plus/Super Luigi) will get the treatment. With an offlibe LAN feature exclusive to Switch I find it hard to accept the reliance of an online storefront for that feature to continue beyond Switch's reign.

Paraka

link3710

In case anyone here missed the article today, Gear.Club unlimited is only limited to GameStop temporarily, which means I'll wait for Best Buy to get it for their discount.

link3710

Reginald

According to the list here, Azure Striker Gunvolt Striker Pack was tentatively supposed to release today (October 31st). But I've looked at a couple retailer sites and it isn't even listed. Amazon.ca has it listed for November 30th.

Reginald

TalonMan

link3710 wrote:

In case anyone here missed the article today, Gear.Club unlimited is only limited to GameStop temporarily, which means I'll wait for Best Buy to get it for their discount.

Ah - another GCU member...

...and if that's true, that is EXCELLENT news!! I was quite leery about paying a full-price $49.99 for a game I'm not all that super-interested in, but was beginning to feel like it might be my only option. Do you have a link to the article? Is it here on nintendolife.com? I will absolutely wait for it to come to BestBuy (or Amazon), if this is the case!

Was there any mention of Party Planet (the other 'GameStop exclusive' game)? It's only $39.99 which is a bit more palatable, but I still don't want to pay full price for it if I don't have to!

TalonMan

TalonMan

McGruber wrote:

I usually bump the thread when there's a significant update but not every time a new game is announced. The list might not always be accurate because release dates have been in flux for physical Switch games, but you can always check the thread to see what the weeks new releases will be, big and small. 😊

Yeah - I definitely wasn't expecting you to bump, every time there was a release date change. Only if two or more NEW games are added to the list.

According to my spreadsheet, there's pretty steady stream of games until 12/31 (some of which, I'm sure will get kicked to the New Year) - but then things get rather sparse after that (a couple of games in January, one in February, three or four in March, etc.), so I would hope there would be more announcements soon to fill up some of that calendar space!

TalonMan

Scrummer

I don't think I'll be getting Gear.club. I'm not really into realistic racers anyway.

Scrummer

Switch Friend Code: SW-7938-1793-3581 | My Nintendo: Scrummer

link3710

@TalonMan https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2017/10/video_gear_club_unli... is the article, and they have it in the official PR blurb. As for releases, there are still 34 non-UIG games announced with physical releases but no date, plus whatever LRG puts out. Still, we won't see games come out at the current rate again until next September I'm sure, but that's pretty usual. I'd still wager we'll see about 4-6 physical games a month through the first 3 quarters next year.

link3710

tighecg

yeayeanaynay wrote:

Im already forking out way too much cash for a copy of retro city rampage now

Did I miss something? VBlank says they are going to do a second chance offer on their website when they get them in. Did I miss it?

Also did anyone get Monopoly? The loading times seem to be absolutely horrible, I waited for 15 minutes to start a game and I ended up giving up before it started. I was wondering if it was my switch or my copy of the game, or if that is just the way the game is.

tighecg

Paraka

@tighecg - It is experiencing the same memory leak Trolll & I has. Hard boot your Switch (turn it all the way off) and it shoukd be fine.

Paraka

daveculp

I just wanted to say thanks for this list! I am trying to complete a 100% Switch North American physical release collection and this list an invaluable resource for me to try and keep up with releases.

I did notice that Amazon has this for preorder and I dont think it is on the list: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0757DSDBJ/ref=oh_aui_detai...

daveculp

daveculp

@tighecg - Reboot your Switch, fully turn it off and back on and that should fix the issue. It did for me.

daveculp

link3710

I'm really curious what causes this memory leak glitch, given it's occurred in multiple games now.

On topic, Overcooked and Worms are getting physical releases now, at least in the UK.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

daveculp

It looks like Ben 10 has been moved to November 14th.

daveculp

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic