Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 941 to 960 of 4,508

link3710

@Kinoen If it makes you feel any better, there's a fairly large chance she'll return as a stage hazard at least. Still, you'd think Birdo would have made assist trophy status by now...

link3710

Harmonie

andrew20 wrote:

@Snaplocket i think they should have all the starters and their evos form each gen with pokemon trainer and their outfits and gen 7 with z moves and 1 and 3 with megas i mean that is not hard do.

It's a neat idea, but I'm afraid it isn't practical at all. While the Pokemon Trainer's model could be changed to feature the pairs from each Pokemon game, it wouldn't be so simple for the Pokemon themselves. The movesets for Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard are very much tailored to them specifically and could not be applied to all generations' starter Pokemon. Just off the top of my head, you'd have major issues with stuff like Charizard's flying, which does not match with any other Fire starter. You have Squirtle's use of its shell, you have Ivysaur's use of its bulb, etc.

It would certainly be awesome, but I'm afraid it isn't practical. I'm just so overjoyed that we got Leaf as an alternate.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Eel

I don't see Pokemon Trainer getting an echo fighter.

The real fighters are the pokemon, and they are three very specific pokemon with distinctive moves that make use of their unique characteristics.

It would be kinda hard to get another trainer with another three possible pokemon options that would comfortably fit into the "small aquatic bipedal turtle, medium sized quadrupedal plant beast with flower in the back, and big flying bipedal fire dragon" category.

Of course you could just use the same three pokemon, but then what's the point of making it an echo character if all you're changing is the background trainer?

If they want to add another similar character, it would need to be more unique than a regular clone.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EvilLucario

@Harmonie Leaf getting in Smash got me more hyped than Ridley getting in lol. Finally, after 14 years, she returns to the spotlight (at least in video games, Pokemon Adventures had her pop up time to time which was always awesome) and I couldn't be any happier.

@DarthNocturnal Not quite Echo Fighter material imo. It'll just be another skin like Alph is to Olimar.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Harmonie

@EvilLucario Oh definitely. Leaf being confirmed was the #1 most exciting part of Nintendo's Direct for me. I about lost it when it happened. It just isn't right that we haven't at least had the option to fight her in games like HG/SS and the Generation VII games.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

JunkosBoobies

@EvilLucario @Harmonie Leaf being confirmed as an alt for Pokemon Trainer was my personal favorite bit as well. It was even more hype to me than Snake being confirmed to return, or Ridley being confirmed...she's finally getting some time in the spotlight she deserves after Gen VII basically forgot about her. She was my waifu before I knew what a waifu was, and I've wanted her since Brawl, and I finally got her. When she got revealed, I screamed so loudly that I'm surprised my neighbors didn't wake up and think I was dying or something.

Also, I really want Ninten as an Echo Fighter of Ness. He's the only Echo Fighter I really want because then it would mean we'd have all 3 of the Mother main protagonists in one game.

Edited on by JunkosBoobies

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Eel

No, I mean... Visually identical to Ness.

Like... If you were to take Ninten and update him to the smash Eartbound style, he would look identical to Ness.

Untitled

Maybe it could work if they left him with his original art style. Unnaturally straight thin yellow lines in the shirt and all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Eel

Dark Pit is not visually identical to Pit. Black and White are two very different colors.

Anyway I'm really not trying to bring down your wishes, or saying he shouldn't be in the game. I have no ulterior motives.

I just point out that Ness and Ninten, if you gave them both the same art style, would be nearly indistinguishable from each other. They're basically the same design.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

KryptoniteKrunch

Between his slightly different colored clothing, no backpack, rosy cheeks and Pac-Man looking eyes, I think Ninten would be distinguishable enough. I'd love to see Ninten be an echo fighter too, hopefully most series get at least one echo fighter rep.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Eel

Yes, if they decided to keep the retro elements of his official art, it could work. It would just clash a bit with the other characters in his series.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

EvilLucario

Ninten's not quite Echo Fighter material tbh. Just make him another skin like how Alph and classic Wario are skins for Olimar and Wario respectively.

Though it'll be funny to see Ninten using offensive PSI when he normally can't lol. Ness and Lucas are pushing it using their own elemental PSI they can't even normally use, here comes Ninten with offensive PSI all of a sudden!

The Final Smash would probably also have Ana and Teddy instead of Paula and Poo. If Boney (who can't use PSI) is a part of Lucas's Final Smash, Teddy can too.

Ah man, I need that now. Even though I hate Mother 1's archaic gameplay, I still like the world and characters, underdeveloped they may be.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JunkosBoobies

Yosheel wrote:

Dark Pit is not visually identical to Pit. Black and White are two very different colors.

Again, Dark Pit is a pallete swap. The only reason he's any different from Pit, design wise, is because their pallettes are different. It's a notable difference, sure, but Ninten also has notable differences from Ness, especially if you use the classic design. Not to mention, even if they went with a modern redesign, they could take some creative liberties with the design. Sakurai did this with Pit in Brawl, for instance. I don't believe we ever saw that design of Pit before.

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Eel

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm saying.

Yes, dark Pit and Pit are also the same design, but they're instantly recognizable from each other due to obvious coloration differences.

Ninten and Ness... I guess one's shirt is a more vibrant blue? (This could just be art style choices too)

Yes you could also modernize the design, but it would end up modernized to fit in with the other Earthbound characters. This would only make him look more like Ness.

Unless you want to turn him into an anime pretty boy like Pit. That'd be something.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Kinoen

@link3710
Well if they are bringing EVERYTHING back, I would hope that included Birdo being a stage hazard...but odds are people will be playing with hazards off and from what I remember, that stage is barley played on... As for Birdo at least being an assist trophy by now, right? Though I blame Nintendo as a whole, since when was the last, new, game she was in? Nintendo has been shafting Birdo for years now, yet Waluigi gets all the attention from the community =_=.

Kinoen

Eel

I'm almost 100% sure birdo is back as a hazard in the Subcon stage.

After all, why would they bring back the stage and not the hazards?

Bloop.

Haruki_NLI

@Kinoen The last NEW game she was in?

Mario & Luigi Super Star Sage + Bowser's Minions (2017)

Mario Sports Superstars

Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games

Paper Mario Colour Splash...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic