Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 921 to 940 of 4,508

meleebrawler

Yosheel wrote:

@Snaplocket I'm pretty sure the only reason pokemon trainer is back is because you can't say "everyone is back!" without bringing everyone back.

I'm surprised they reverted him back to a changing character though, and that they unfortunaly kept the down special as the method to switch (they could have used shield+b like the inkling does to recharge ink).

About young link. This is actually the ocarina version of him. He doesn't have the masks yet.

You're basically asking them to create a three-in-one character with absolutely no drawbacks. Their problem has never been a lack of a fourth special, it was their stamina, poorly thought out type matchups and being generally mediocre. Just buff all three to reasonable levels and use the horsepower of the Switch to make switching mid-fight doable, is all they need. And for those crying about Charizard losing his Rock Smash, just switch to Squirtle and use his speed to get out of trouble, or Withdraw if it still resists attacks.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

It's not like making a final smash is something that requires extensive balancing, anyway. Especially in Ultimate where most of them are just insta kills.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

LordHammar

@meleebrawler Zora Link uses kung fu and is the best fighter in Majoras's mask.
And it's easy to make a list of attacks to them, I can make one if you want.

LordHammar

meleebrawler

You know, when they said they made every character more expressive than before, it's impressive that they even pulled this off with Ridley. It's most evident in his trailer, but it also shows in his applause, where he has an expression that shows he's doing so VERY grudgingly.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

backup368

So far, Smash Bros. Ultimate is getting quite a small chunk of influence from Mortal Kombat.

The game is putting a heavy emphasis on competitive gaming.
The black and white minimalistic logo graphics.
Slightly "darker" than the previous game.
Some characters are in their dizzy animations when other characters are demonstrating Final Smashes.
The announcer now says "______ wins" instead of "The winner is _______".
"Echo Fighters" work like Mortal Kombat & Injustice's "Premiere Skins".

backup368

Switch Friend Code: SW-3852-6842-9110

Kinoen

I want Birdo to get some love in this game. At least for some other characters like Waluigi and Lyn, there are assist trophies, Birdo is just a trophy...but I would rather her be playable than anything else.

Kinoen

jump

backup368 wrote:

Slightly "darker" than the previous game.

How has it got darker?

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Alber-san

@jump
Ridley killed Mario and Mega Man. How can it get darker?

Switch FC: SW-4227-6363-7321
Online games:
Rocket League, Splatoon 2, NBA Playgrounds, Fortnite

Favourite single player games:XC2, Skyrim, TLoZ: BotW

jump

Alber-san wrote:

jump
Ridley killed Mario and Mega Man. How can it get darker?

Death happens of all the time in Disney films, I wouldn't call them dark. If you really want to make it dark, have Sakurai watch a movie marathon of Dogville, Requiem for a Dream, Elephant Man, Sophie's Choice and Seven for ideas.

Nicolai wrote:

Alright, I gotta stop getting into arguments with jump. Someone remind me next time.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8051-9575-2812 | 3DS Friend Code: 1762-3772-0251

Eel

Also if you look closely he skewered MegaMan, who is a robot, and only grabbed Mario.

So they didn't explicitly die.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@Yosheel Well, counters to that.

Ridley's tail is spikey, and we all know how Mega Man reacts to those.

Mario was accompanied by a crushing sound.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Eel

Counter to the Counter.

We didn't hear any SWOOOSH or saw any splashes of light coming from the sides of the screen.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Haruki_NLI

@Yosheel If we work on Mega Man 1 logic the slow motion used in the shot where Mega Man is impaled would not be sufficient time for that animation to occur. In Mega Man 1 there is a small explosion on Mega Man and a brief pause before the classic death animation.

Haruki_NLI

I know too much about certain games.

TOUGHDUDE94

@Snaplocket i think they should have all the starters and their evos form each gen with pokemon trainer and their outfits and gen 7 with z moves and 1 and 3 with megas i mean that is not hard do. but we still have greninja who could be ash version as a costume Also gen 7 desideye would be great but i was thinking about zerarora as lacardio echo fighter.
we know gen one has alot of reps.
Alm and clilica should be in
Alm as ike's echo and clicia as robins
i would love to have a ninja in this game kaze or stirter.
ken could be ryu's echo and
shadow as sonic's echo at this point be i do see a lot of echos coming i do not think we get guko but look we got the big dragon alien thing instead of spryo

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

JunkosBoobies

DarthNocturnal wrote:

Ah yes, Guko. From Wyvern Orb series. I bet Vagate can be his Echo Fighter.

I love that idea. In fact, here's some other Fighter and Echo pair ideas that must happen otherwise I will not buy this game:
Shruk from the Green Ogre series and Fioner as his Echo Fighter
Welugy from the Ultra Italian Plumber series and Welugy Again as his Echo Fighter
Terngle from the Tale of Zorldo series with a balloon as his Echo Fighter
Dioor Brand from the J and O and J and O Weird Trip series with DIOOR as his Echo Fighter
Sens from Deep Story with Pepirus as his Echo Fighter
Nayrootoo from the Filler Featuring Ninjas series with Saucesookay as his Echo Fighter
Mother 3 with Earthbound Endings as it's Echo Fighter
Tupac's Hologram with Zombie Tupac as his Echo Fighter
Elvis Found At A Taco Bell in Florida with Zombie Elvis as his Echo Fighter
Random Moaning Anime Girl with Your Mom And Dad's Disappointment as her Echo Fighter
A Troll Face with a Sad Troll Face as his Echo Fighter
Okay you get the idea

Discord: JunkosBoobies#5379
Backloggery
MAL
DeviantArt
Avatar: Junko Enoshima (Danganronpa)

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

TOUGHDUDE94

but anyway do you think they add yo-kai from yo-kai watch in this game it is a game on nintendo platforms it is a 3rd party level-5 i know i be kind of weird also gunvolt from int creates

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic