Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 3,861 to 3,880 of 3,900

StephanDLW

@Edelgard
LOL, love your picks!

Nintendo Enthusiast

Switch Friend Code: SW-2630-6765-8506 | My Nintendo: StephanDLW | Twitter:

Euler

While I think Piranha Plant already filled the novelty character spot, it must be pointed out that Navi is not a spirit or Assist Trophy. If those things deconfirm a character, that means she's still in the running.

Euler

Grumblevolcano

Next spirit board event is Daemon X Machina. It is interesting that both Fire Emblem Three Houses and Astral Chain got completely skipped. Of the Nintendo published retail releases since Smash so far:

NSMBU Deluxe/Super Mario Maker 2 - Plenty including returning stages, characters, spirits
Yoshi's Crafted World - Yoshi alt, spirits
Labo VR - spirits
Dragon Quest Builders 2/Dragon Quest XI S - DLC pack
Fire Emblem Three Houses - Nothing
Astral Chain - Nothing
Daemon X Machina - Spirits
Link's Awakening - Spirits
Luigi's Mansion 3 - Change to Luigi's moveset

Would be really cool if Edelgard and the Howard twins were DLC fighters.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

DAEMON X MACHINA fighter deconfirmed huh?
Well, if Marvelous had a chance, we'd probably get the Harvest Moon Farmer as a fighter.

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

StephanDLW

Which rules do you guys and gals prefer to Smash in?

I love stamina mode with 2 stocks and a 3 minute timer, no items but with the Smash meter turned on.
It makes the game play like a regular fighting game and I love that! It also means I can turn the CPU difficulty all the way to max and you've got to be really good at shielding and grappling with this rule set.

I've always been a big fan of the franchise but now that stamina mode is an actual proper rule option, I like it even more. It has become my all-time favorite fighting game because of it. Before Ultimate, that distinction was reserved for Capcom vs SNK 2.

Nintendo Enthusiast

iKhan

I like items on with low-medium frequency. 3 or 5 stock, hazards off with stage morph on.

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

Bankaj

2 stock with low-frequency items. Golden hammer, star etc are disabled. Smash ball is active, no FS meter. All stages in all forms go.

Guys, what are your thoughts for Little Town Hero to become a smash fighter eh?

Bankaj

StephanDLW

Bankaj wrote:

Guys, what are your thoughts for Little Town Hero to become a smash fighter eh?

@Bankaj
The protagonist's name is Axe. I'd be fine with it, but I doubt his chances.
If the game ends up selling really well and becomes very popular somehow, maybe he has a chance in the next Smash game. In Ultimate though... I think he's too new for that to happen.

Nintendo Enthusiast

link3710

Axe is almost certainly not going to happen, given Game Freak would probably refuse to allow it, wanting another Pokemon in the game instead.

link3710

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 I don't think Game Freak would refuse to allow it but rather as Nintendo's still picking the characters, Nintendo would choose a Gen 8 Pokemon instead if a Game Freak character.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

andrew20

My List for pack 2
5.Nate(female alt skin) from yokai watch with wisper as gide(like snake or pit in brawl) and using diffent yo-kai(like pokemon trainer)
6.Gunvolt(coplen as alt skin)
7.Monster Hunter fighter(male and female skins and different weapon options)
8.Rex and Pyra from xenoblade 2
9.steve from minecraft(alex as alt skin)
10.Spring man(ribbin girl is alt skin)
11.Ms. pac man added as echo to Pac Man

Edited on by andrew20

andrew20

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: toughdude | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

SKTTR

Just collected the four DAEMON X MACHINA spirts.
Woohoo, I have all of them. 1350/1350!

MY TOP 10 HIGHLY UNLIKELY CHARACTERS

Untitled
Purple Tentacle from Maniac Mansion (1987, Lucas Arts)

Untitled
White Belt from International Karate (1986, System 3)

Untitled
Jon Hawking from Project Firestart (1989, Dynamix)

Tetromino from Tetris (1985, Alexey Pajitnov)

Untitled
Walker from Lemmings (1990, Psygnosis)

Untitled
A GTA character (Rockstar Games)

Untitled
Fulgore from Killer Instinct (1995, Arcade/SNES/GB/N64, Rare)

Untitled
Jumpin Jim Rivers from Excitebike 64 (Nintendo, Left Field Productions, 2000)

Untitled
Wonder Boy Shion, one of the popular heroes of the Wonder Boy series.

Untitled
The out of juice robot Jak from Tetrisphere (Nintendo, H20 Entertainment, 1997)

And is this true :

12 Reasons why PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale failed:

12. No Alucard
11. No Digimon
10. No Oddworld Abe
9. No Croc
8. No Sora
7. No Spyro
6. No Crash Bandicoot
5. No Lara Croft
4. No GTA character
3. No Chris Redfield
2. No Snake
1. No Cloud

12 Reasons why Super Smash Bros. was a success:

1. Mario
2. Donkey Kong
3. Link
4. Fox
5. Kirby
6. Pikachu
7. Yoshi
8. Samus
9. Luigi
10. Jigglypuff
11. Captain Falcon
12. Ness

Edited on by SKTTR

backloggery.com/SKTTR

iKhan

So, I've been getting really hyped over the small possibility of Lloyd being in Smash. I've made movesets for Lloyd back in the old Smash 4 speculation days, but their approach makes it clear Lloyd would need to be able to stand out, so here's my "stand out" moveset.

Specials:
For Lloyd's moveset, the variant of the move depends on how you chain it. Each special will chain to the previous one if you have the right timing, and that will vary the move. For example, you could use Demon Fang -> Sword Rain: Alpha -> Hunting Beast or Beast -> Double Demon Fang -> Psi Tempest.

B: Demon Fang/ Double Demon Fang/ Demonic Chaos
Up B: Tempest/Omega Tempest/Psi Tempest
Side B: Sword Rain/ Sword Rain: Alpha/ Sword Rain: Beta
Down B: Beast/ Raging Beast/ Hunting Beast

Other moves from based on Tales games:
Dair: Rising Falcon
Upair: Tiger Blade
Side Neutral: Sonic Thrust
Technically Lloyd can't learn them, but I think it would be appropriate to make Hell Pyre and Kick Attack moves as well (Since they are part of Cress's moveset). Not exactly sure the best button commands for them.

Other unique mechanics: Overlimit- after tacking a significant beatdown, Lloyd will have superarmor for a short period of time.

Final Smash: Falcon Crest (duh)

Currently Playing: Steamworld Heist, The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask

link3710

@SKTTR I'd be genuinely excited for Jumpin Jim Rivers if he got announced.

link3710

sanya_exe

lol @ Navi...

At this point, I don't know who will be the last fighter in the pass...or who will show up after that. But I want something from Monster Hunter...mainly for the Stage and music. lol

I feel like a Palico would be more fitting (with Cha-Cha and Kayamba being either alts or Echo Fighters at some point), plenty of moves to choose from due to Generations Ultimate. (same situation if they do decide to go with Hunter) If they do go with Palico, I just hope the Final Smash involves opponents being thrown into the Jungle and then Nargacuga shows up and takes a slash at them.

I have tons of characters on my wish list, but Monster Hunter is the most likely. I highly doubt my other wishes will happen...sadly. :c

Pokemon Stream Clip
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZmNX5mNuNc

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/joeynator3001

rallydefault

Hey, sorry if I'm not exactly offering anything mind-blowing, but I just caved and got the DLC characters. I LOVE Banjo/Kazooie! Just feels right to me. A little disappointed half of the B moves revolve around eggs just coming out in different directions, but whatevs lol

rallydefault

cryptologous

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Nintendo has a partnership with Mercedes via the Mario Kart crossover.

So, uhhh, a Mercedes GLA as the next announced DLC fighter for Smash? I'm personally keen.

cryptologous

DarthNocturnal

Well, if Fighters Megamix can get the Hornet...

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

SKTTR

cryptologous wrote:

I'm not sure if it's been mentioned but Nintendo has a partnership with Mercedes via the Mario Kart crossover.

So, uhhh, a Mercedes GLA as the next announced DLC fighter for Smash? I'm personally keen.

Mercedes GLA is not a videogame character. But it's a great one for Mortal Kombat 12.

May I suggest Stunt Race FX 's 4WD instead? This googly-eyed monster truck was just re-released for the first time in SNES SWITCH ONLINE. He is one to stand easily on his back wheels to throw punches. He was in the second SUPER FX CHIP GAME! Back then Starfox's closest brother, and the only good real 3D racing game on the SNES. Unfortunately the game never got sequels.

backloggery.com/SKTTR

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic