Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,121 to 1,140 of 4,508

Late

I'm a bit late with sharing my thoughts but I thought the Direct was great. I didn't expect to see this many characters. I was expecting like 5 newcomers in total since they are bringing everyone back. All the characters are great additions. I don't have as big of a connection to King K. Rool as others since I didn't play DKC trilogy that much but he looks like a fun character that has all the iconic moves from the games he appeared in. And Dedede was great.

I was mostly looking forwards to new game modes but I guess they'll show more of them next time. I liked the new multiplayer modes they showed, though. The mention of Classic mode was pretty brief and quite unnecessary since I'm sure they'll be talking about it more later.

@Mrtoad I'm the opposite. I really liked Subspace Emissary but can't really figure out why people like Adventure Mode. That said, I started with Brawl even though I really wanted a GameCube and Melee as a kid.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Aozz101x

Not everything that, i predict came true.
all i can say is.. wow! they reveal 2 new characters and 3 Clo- er, i mean Echo Fighters. i predict new stages. but, im curious if will ever see Stage Builder again (hopefully that's in Games & More.)
happy that tournament mode has return as an offline mode again.

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

jtmnm

Anyone know the song that plays during Dark Samus's unveiling?

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

jtmnm

@Yosheel Sounds like you're right. Thanks for that. Now to wait for a track to drop.

jtmnm

Switch Friend Code: SW-4706-4065-3902 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

I'm sort of hoping that in the next reveal, Waluigi's assist trophy is killed. And then all references to him in the game are removed. And there's no alts in his colors. Then Sakkurai drops a gamecube controller like a mic and walks off camera.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

Honestly, I'd rather they not acknowledge the meme at all. it'd only get stronger

TuVictus

DarkSim01

So the ending video and reveal of King K. Rool got me thinking...

It began with the original characters fighting one of their main villains in Smash Bros.
Mario vs Bowser
Link vs Ganondorf
Samus vs Ridley
Kirby vs Meta Knight
Fox vs Wolf

Then we get Donkey Kong and Diddy Kong lying around with no one to fight, leading to King K. Rool's appearance. I feel like that was intentional.

That led me to wonder... Who's left?
Luigi and Yoshi
Pikachu and Jigglypuff
Ness
Captain Falcon

Could we see more pairings? Were these left off intentionally for future reveals?
There are a slew of Mario/Luigi villains that could be added
We could possibly see another Pokemon edition
I'm not all spun up on the Earthbound/Mother series and who could pair with Ness
But could we get Black Shadow???

DarkSim01

HobbitGamer

Ness and Lucas would have to fight Porky. It's the only feasible common fight.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

HobbitGamer

Giegue!? Then they'd have to have EVE as an echo for R.O.B.! I'm down for that haha

#MudStrongs

Haruki_NLI

Porky, pick an Ultra Beast for Pokemon, Black Shadow...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

HobbitGamer

Instead of Black Shadow, what about Silver?
Edit: Robotnik!

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

Mewtwo kind of counts for Pokemon already.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Grumblevolcano

@DarthNocturnal Well Wolf is arguable unless you use the Star Fox Zero meaning everything after 64 doesn't exist logic.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Eel

They just put some of the current playable characters in groups of villain vs heroes.

It doesn't really mean every hero will get a villain, or that those are all the possible examples found in the game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Joeynator3000

Oh yeah I almost forgot, after Ditto being removed from the final version of Melee...he's actually in for real this time. Heh...

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Yeah Wolf doesn't count, since Krystal is in it. She's the real villain, anyway.

#MudStrongs

Eel

Mewtwo in smash is heavily based on the Mewtwo from the first pokemon movie, which is kind of a sympathetic villain. But a villain nonetheless.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@DarthNocturnal Villains can still be misunderstood, redeemable, or have some sort of explanation for their behavior, they don't just have to be evil for the sake of being evil.

Quit trying to justify taking your neighbor’s paper. We all know it was you.

We know who you are and what you do!!

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic