Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,101 to 1,120 of 4,508

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano Oh yeah, I was talking about Peach's Castle from Melee. I should've clarified that earlier, my bad. Mushroom Kingdom II (based on SMB2) is in the game, but no announcement about Mushroom Kingdom I (based on SMB1) making the cut

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

veeflames

I’m calling it now.
The blurred mode is a Fortnite-style battle royale. 100 players are placed randomly in a very large maze and fight each other to become the lone survivor.

I’d actually be interested in this, to be honest.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

ArapaiMatt

I'm a little disappointed that Final Fantasy still has only 2 songs in Ultimate. What a shame, I was hoping we would get at least a remix or two.

ArapaiMatt

3DS Friend Code: 0602-6785-3494 | Nintendo Network ID: SuperSmashMiis27

Eel

Oh. Welp.

It's not like final fantasy has hundreds of good tracks to use.

I bet square enix did everything they could with what little options they had.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

PuzzleMaster7

The censored word on the main screen could be "Spirits".

Edited on by PuzzleMaster7

There is no puzzle without a solution!

3DS Friend Code: 4055-4399-6605 | Nintendo Network ID: ThePuzzleMaster7

Grumblevolcano

@MarioLover92 Oh, I was wondering about the top right stage of the stage select screen in the Direct. It's either Mushroom Kingdom (64) or Mushroom Kingdom (Melee). Both are SMB1 themed.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano I believe all stages confirmed are shown on the official SSB website, and the only Mushroom Kingdom for SMB1 confirmed is the one from SSB64.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

veeflames

@Yosheel What, you don’t think the constant lag is part of the Smash Bros. experience?

@DarthNocturnal No, let’s not go too far. The default Fortnite character looks really bland. I do see a Fortnite stage where the stage moves to different places on the island a là Delfino Plaza and Prism Tower, though.

But please, no Fortnite character

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Grumblevolcano

@Harmonie I didn't recognize from the image but yeah it's 64 from the clearer image on the site and placement makes sense too as it was the only unlockable stage in 64.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Luffymcduck

I'm going to continue that closed topic, which character should be killed next in a trailer. With Mario, Mega Man and now Luigi gone, the next one should be... Wario... killed by...
dundunduuun...
WALUIGI!?!

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Eel

Don't forget King Dedede died at the end of the direct.

Hits like that to the back of the head are not good when you have the bone structure of a bird.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Toy_Link

I don’t understand the love for the Subspace Emissary, if there is a story mode I’d want something similar to Adventure mode from Melee mixed with a silly story with lots of fan service (no not DOA type fan service)

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

TuVictus

A story with tons of fan service is what SE was. To me at least. I'm glad public opinion seems to be swinging backwards for Subspace Emissary, was always confused by people hating it

TuVictus

Haruki_NLI

@Mrtoad Basically its a theme, like the various features of the Wii U or buying retro games individually. People hated it but now want it back when its gone.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Enigminator

@MisterPi Same here. I remember a time that a friend of mine used De De De to suck up Bowser and suicide-plunged him.

Edited on by Enigminator

Enigminator

Toy_Link

It’s been a few years so I might be remembering wrong, but what I remember the fan service mostly just being “hey it’s Ness and Lucas together ain’t that cool!” some of the bosses, and like three enemies not made specifically for Smash. Half of Smash is the stages and placing the characters in this boring, trying way to hard to look gritty World was a missed opportunity. I want more than just hearing Kid Icarus music in the cloud stage. I want Snake to sneak into Bowser’s castle, I want Kirby and Yoshi to have an all out fight in Dedede’s wrestling ring over something ridiculous. I want all the characters to be important to the story and not feel like they were put in last second (Toon Link and Jigglypuff, even Sonic felt like a last minute addition)

Edit: I thought the gameplay for Subspace was okay and I definitely want something a bit longer than Adventure mode, I just really hate the story

Edited on by Toy_Link

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Haruki_NLI

@Mrtoad Sonic WAS a last minute addition

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Luffymcduck

The biggest problem I had with Subspace Emissary was the setting. It was just so lifeless and boring. I much the settings from Nintendo games in Melee's Adventure mode, even if there were only few of them. I have nothing against creating original settings and enemies but you have to make them more interesting.

It would be great if David Wise made soundtracks to all future Nintendo games.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic