Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 101 to 120 of 1,103

kkslider5552000

KaiserGX wrote:

Well there's a ton of characters they can make unique movesets for though but... there aren't really characters people really want or know about... Though that's mostly what I like about Smash is when we get stuff like Duck Hunt Dog or Game & Watch.

I kinda agree with Game and Watch but EVERYONE knows what Duck Hunt is. That's part of my point, they're really running out of exciting characters that non-hardcore Nintendo focused gamers know (and even a lot of them don't care about a lot of the most obscure characters). I mean, Kid Icarus isn't the most popular NES game but at least it had been around long enough and popular enough that being included in Brawl was a huge nostalgia bomb that everyone wanted. Golden Sun would be a good equivalent to that in a way. But even stuff like Drill Dozer or Startropics is kinda obscure by comparison.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Blur_Escalation

Had HAL Lab. anything to do with the development of Smash 4?
It says Original Title: HAL Lab. at the end of the trailer. I thought it was only Sora and Bandai Namco that did Smash 4? So if it is indeed a port, that wouldn't be an original title.. Or not? I'm confused. It seems to me like this is a sequel. Hm..

Blur_Escalation

backup368

@subpopz The Inklings, for one, and not just generic gun and bomb wielding characters that use their likeness.

backup368

Switch Friend Code: SW-3852-6842-9110

khaosklub

@Blur_Escalation
I'm guessing that "original game" refers to "Super Smash Bros" on the N64, as I'm guessing that this game will also simply be titled "Super Smash Bros", thus further suggesting that it is an enhanced port of Smash 4, which is also called "Super Smash Bros". It will probably be the same game with new features, like a subspace emissary.

khaosklub

khaosklub

@kkslider5552000
I really don't think they need too many new characters, though guest characters like Shantae, shovel knight, spyro and crash would be enough to get people excited.

I think that they should put more work into the custom moves feature, and give characters multiple very different and very iconic moves. More like the mii fighters, which had very different alternative moves.

khaosklub

MrGam3andBu1ld

this could in the end simply be a port, but inklings so yeah!
If splatoon gets a bone, then I say that arms is going to get representation as well.
also I'd love to see paper mario, shovel knight, and subspace emissary

MrGam3andBu1ld

iKhan

Evidence towards port:

1. We haven't heard of it until now, and it's launching in 2018. Usually new Smash games have several years of hype cycle.

2. It was announced at a direct with a similar cinematic structure to Smash 4, rather than with big E3 fanfare.

3. It's only been 4 years since Smash 4, and the DLC was coming for over a year, so there wouldn't have been much time for development.

Evidence towards new game

1. New logo

2. Copyright only references the original game, not Smash 4.

3. Sakurai has said the title can't be revealed, as if it's something new

4. New Website.

Currently Playing: Super Mario Odyssey, ARMS, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Steamworld Dig 2, A Hat In Time, (maybe some Wii games over Thanksgiving w/ the fam)

khaosklub

@iKhan
As @BezBot showed, the WiiU game has the same original game copyright reference.
I'm pretty sure this reference to the original is because the title is "super smash bros", which is the same title as the original game.

khaosklub

TheLZdragon

@iKhan: I should point out that Sakurai developed Kid Icarus Uprising between Brawl and 4 so that only gives Smash 4 2-3 years of development

Nintendo Life Community Administrator

Splatoon 2 Rank: Splat S+, Rain S, Tower S

My Eeveeloggery

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | 3DS Friend Code: 2234-7139-4188 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Blur_Escalation

Ah okay, thanks!
It is a really weird move to tease a Smash without specifically stating if it's a port or new game.
Well if it's anything like the jump from Splatoon to Splatoon 2 I'm okay with it. It should feel a little different.

Blur_Escalation

Joeynator3000

Also Smash 4 was originally going to release on the same year it was announced...so yeah, this'll likely be delayed as well. lol

MarioBrax

@Joeynator3000 I hope not. I want to play this game as soon as possible.

#5 Mario fan.
Oh hey a Youtube Channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRzm719-wkEBBvoZ1cf4YfQ
Current Switch games: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, Splatoon 2, Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle, Super Mario Odyssey, The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, Rocket League, Kirby Star Allies.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5307-8087-8408 | My Nintendo: MarioBrax | Nintendo Network ID: MarioBrax | Twitter:

Haru17

Gee, this thread sure is convincing me that Nintendo didn't need to give any additional details about 'Super Smash Bros.' such as 'what is it?'

Anyway, if it is a new game it's another one of those lame untitled sequels with no clear direction or character before the announcement. Modern Nintendo is terrible with those. I can pick out Bowser, Samus, DK, and Wario from the silhouetted line up, probably Ness and Mr. Fire Emblem too. All that says is it's a Smash Bros. game after Brawl, though.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Judi

@Haru17 If we're starting a list, you can find Pikachu and Kirby.

It's not Christmas without caviar!

Switch Friend Code: SW-1341-6334-2439

AlternateButtons

Has it not occured to anyone that this IS a new game but it just uses the same engine and art style as Smash 4? That would explain the quick 3 year development cycle. Reusing assets would make a lot of sense since there isn't much else they can improve on graphically.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

kkslider5552000

I feel like this is gonna be Smash Bros. 4.5, regardless of what they call it. Like, there's no good reason to not reuse the majority of content from 3DS/Wii U. Like look at Mario Kart 8 Deluxe, there's not much they need to do to make a massive hit, let's be honest here.

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic