Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 161 to 180 of 483

FaeKnight

Mason seems rather good for land battles due to his Orbital Bombardment ability. Although Fox's ability to call in support from his team helps in space battles. Those are the only two pilots I've used so far.

@Switchforce That's only a downside if you were planning on trading in the game. If you're willing to spend a few hundred dollars on the physical toys, can you really say you're planning on trading in the game? My return investment for a digital game purchase is the time I spend playing the game. Then again I've never really subscribed to the 'disposable game' mindset. As such I don't trade in or sell games very often. In fact I haven't done so in 20 years.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

HobbitGamer

@FaeKnight Oh yeah, I forgot about that Orbital. Might switch to making Calista and her pod racer my scout and use Mason with the tank I built for land battles!
How do the mods work with the toys? Does it just remember the most recent equipped for that piece?

I rarely trade games anymore. If I do, it’s because I feel I’ve already gotten all the entertainment from it. I figured I wouldn’t get rid of this because of all the customizing and build work. (Something that kept me playing Mass Effect 1 for a years was continuing to build an OP Shepard and play on Insane)

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Just swapped out my copy at BestBuy, the new one was actually sealed with clear round stickers on the top and wasn't ripped. Game was inside.

Started playing and ya, I'm really liking this game. I've been craving a good space game for many years. Probably since I played Starfox 64 3D on 3DS about 6 or 7 years ago. This is definitely the one I've been waiting for. And while I love displaying the box on my shelf, digital is where it's at. Switching weapons is so easy. I should start using the joy con in the grip though so that I can actually shake the controller to get enemies off my ship, assuming that's how you do it anyways. With the pro controller it just tells you to press A. Maybe it tells you to press A on all controllers, Idk.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FaeKnight

I would imagine that the game tracks what mods are slotted into each weapon and ship rather then the toy.

One reason I'm reluctant to get the physical toys is because once you use the physical toy the first time, it basically negates the fact you bought a digital version of said ship, pilot, or weapon. Which in turn means that they are just a waste of money if you bought the Digital Deluxe version. Granted, a cool waste of money. But still a waste of money.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

@FaeKnight Ooooh, you mean the toy’s digital version takes over and does that 7 day thing?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

Yeah, if you buy a digital edition of the game then get and use the physical toys it removes your permanent digital copy in favor of the toy's 7 day copy. Either do all digital, or all physical. You're wasting money if you try doing both at the same time.

FaeKnight

sr_388

Has anyone done the Outlaw Hideouts? I finally beat one, destroyed all the turrets and fighters, went inside and got the salvage and then ... nothing happened. When I look on the map it still shows the rewards. Am I missing something?

sr_388

FaeKnight

I don't think so. They stick around on your map because various upgrades let you use them for fast travel

FaeKnight

AndyD

Think I will pick this up digital deluxe this weekend when I get paid. I loved the video. Me and my son need a good spaceship lite-rpg game. From all these posts and reviews, this is definitely a must have.

SW-3806-8055-1317
DIY Needs list
My ever growing backlog
Switch:Minecraft Dungeons,Borderlands 2,ACNH

Nintendo Network ID: devineministry

HobbitGamer

@scubydo it sure would!! Absolutely no toys are required to play this game, solo or co-op!

Keep in mind what Fae said about combining digital editions with a physical toy down the road, though.

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

Yep my physical copy is missing the game . I'm not going anywhere near any best buy, ever at least not for the next 8 months or so so they or ubi had better handle this all shipping at their own expense.

Glad this isa game i double dipped on and can play anyway....

NEStalgia

FaeKnight

I'm considering getting my brother Starlink for Christmas, but am not entirely sure. It will depend on his reaction when I head up to visit over Thanksgiving when I let him try the game.

FaeKnight

chardir

If you have the physical edition can you then buy individual items digitally? Or is there only the two options for digital - standard and deluxe? Are you stuck buying the toys once you've started?

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

redd214

@chardir yes you can buy individual ships/pilots/weapons digitally from the eshop

redd214

Octane

@NEStalgia ''It's a Ubisoft open world'' Like I expected anything else from them

If I'm getting this, I'm definitely getting a version that has everything on disc, but since this is mostly reviewed as a Star Fox game, I wonder if it'll be even worth it without the SF content... The physical copy is a lot more expensive too because it always includes the physical toys. Maybe I can find a second hand copy in a few months from now...

Octane

HobbitGamer

@Octane I'd say it's still worth a go without Fox, as the other characters have their own skills that are good too. And depending on your play style and what you upgrade and mods you use, you could even have a ship that is faster and handles better than the Arwing.
The Arwing has transitioned from a space fighter to an all-purpose ship for me right now, with my tank as a heavy fighter and my pod racer as a scout ship. Switching your loadouts between A, B, and C (ship, pilot, weapons) in digital is still fast. Pause, A, L (or R), Pause.

#MudStrongs

FaeKnight

Fox isn't even the central focus of the game. He and his crew are guest characters. In fact they aren't actually part of the main storyline for the most part due to the story saying they're off on their own mission while the story's major events are taking place.

FaeKnight

FaeKnight

If you bought the game for Switch, you get the Star Fox additional content. Digital, physical, it doesn't matter.

FaeKnight

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic