Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 181 to 200 of 483

NEStalgia

If you buy the digital game you get Fox, the regular starter and some bonus "parts". Digital deluxe gives you all the current toy "parts" digitally. The physical starter pack comes with an Arwing, fox, weapons, and one other pilot. You may or may not actually get a game with it.

@Octane You want everything on a disc. Right now I'd settle for a cartridge with nothing on it Not looking forward to that debacle.

Yeah the game is still worth it without fox, the Arwing isn't special or necessary. The Fox banter and characters, to me, set so much of the reason to play, but it doesn't actually change anything. I think he adds more to the story, with extra events in cutscenes and such and the idea of two crews operating out of the hub ship is kind of cool, but the story doesn't actually involve fox beyond the DLC missions he's just helping out with his crew.

OTOH, I can't really imagine why any Switch owner wouldn't get it on Switch since you still net the bigger game out of it with another ship, pilot, and extra DLC type missions. It's prettier on other machines, sure, that's something, but there's a bigger game here. Plus it's not like many other space sims are coming to Switch

NEStalgia

Quarth

I think the Switch version will outsell the other ones.

Got my physical copy today. I don’t care about the toys, but the game is cool!

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

Octane

@NEStalgia I may buy it digitally in that case (no point in buying half a physical game IMO). But I'll definitely wait for a price drop; I don't like to pay €60 for digital games.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

Between Star Fox content and the Switch lineup being much less packed than the other consoles, I also think the Switch version will outsell the other versions.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SwitchForce

FaeKnight wrote:

@Switchforce That's only a downside if you were planning on trading in the game. If you're willing to spend a few hundred dollars on the physical toys, can you really say you're planning on trading in the game? My return investment for a digital game purchase is the time I spend playing the game. Then again I've never really subscribed to the 'disposable game' mindset. As such I don't trade in or sell games very often. In fact I haven't done so in 20 years.

Lest you forget digital are 12.99 and the physical is 7.99 figure and 9.99 weapons and 24.99 for extra ships the idea of a few hundreds of dollar are off here? Also I got GCU and got them even cheaper so Digital is far more expensive than Physical here. So buying them has no downside to the physical here.

Now I'll have to wait the xbox/ps4 ship to come out by itself to get or I might have to order the ps4 version to get the ship.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

NEStalgia

@Yorumi It's a bleak day when we can legitimately say "we're counting on Ubisoft to prove it can be done right!

@Grumblevolcano Releasing the same day as BLOPS 4, and within a week of Soul Calibur, RDR2, and NBA, pretty much made sure nobody on any other platform knows this game exists. It didn't even show up on the front of the XB/PS sites, and official Ubi pages showcase Odyssey to no end.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Ugh Best Buy has no email or chat support of any kind? Now I have to find time to sit on their phone hold queue. And this is why we let Amazon take over Earth.....

I might try to hit up Ubisoft instead. It's their mess after all, not really fair BB is paying for it anyway.

NEStalgia

NEStalgia

@Yorumi Next we wait for Bethesda to show us the way to a strong QA process.

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Do they at least have good hold music? Hold music will make or break a phone call for me

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer I'm not looking forward to finding out If I were to bet it's muzak interspersed with obnoxious commercials.

Still better than the last time I went to my (hour away) BB store and creepy camera lady was following me around..... She named her camera. She feels the need to tell customers this. I'm not sure when BB became Walmart, but it did.... The PC department staff is better....but it's always awkward when you're an extremely tech entrenched person near the BB PC department and you try to be nice, and you try to tell them that politely and they still keep trying to sell you computers as though you don't know what a scroll lock key would do.

Update: Emailed Ubisoft by creating a case....not much will come of it, but it presented me with "related issues" about AC:Odyssey Deluxe Edition codes missing from Collectors Edition boxes and content missing from For Honor: Marching Fire. So....apparently not one of their 3 October releases actually shipped correctly. Funny, it's not just the games that are broken, they operate that way IRL too!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Todd Howard must have been consulting with them...

You said you also got digital, right?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer Yeah, fortunately I can play the game just fine digitally. It's a game I wanted on my Switch, and the Deluxe Edition kind of pushed me over the edge on it since it's better for handheld play and includes all the virtual figurines I don't need sitting around. It was excess, but an open world space sim is a game I want easily handheld available. Freespace and I-War were two of my go-to games back on PC

NEStalgia

SwitchForce

Well finally found Scamble pack and purchase the PS4 starter pack for Zenith. Then I will sell the PS4 game back for GameStop credits. What a lousy way to buy just to get Zenith ship and weapons and pilot. Now I will have to buy extra joy-con ship dock to have second player.

SwitchForce

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia I liked Freespace. But I really like StarLancer on my Dreamcast. (Don't think I've mentioned that ) I'm finding this harder to put down in short bursts than some other titles, haha. I love that you can keep spawning quests, too. I'm after mods.

@SwitchForce I hate to bring it up if you haven't already thought of it, but the current toys are just the first wave. All the DLC on the eShop lists them as Collection 1. So there might be more of those "exclusively at Jim's Toy Barn Emporium" type of situations coming.

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

@HobbitGamer "So there might be more of those "exclusively at Jim's Toy Barn Emporium" type of situations coming."

Oh don't tell me I need to buy Totino's pizza rolls........

(In case you're not in on the joke, that's an actual think for AC: Odyssey....DLC you can only get from Totino's Pizza Rolls. It's Ubisoft. I wish I were making it up. I'm not. )

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

@NEStalgia Ubisoft is so late to the party, though. I was getting things off Totino's for ME3 way before.
Protip: those codes are on the outside of the packaging

#MudStrongs

NEStalgia

Everything about that paragraph is so, so wrong....

Edit: "Why Ubisofts infuriating DLC policy is encouraging me to copy DLC codes from frozen snack foods"

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

HobbitGamer

Ain’t no shame in my N7 game.
That said, hopefully this doesn’t go the same route.

#MudStrongs

SwitchForce

HobbitGamer wrote:

@SwitchForce I hate to bring it up if you haven't already thought of it, but the current toys are just the first wave. All the DLC on the eShop lists them as Collection 1. So there might be more of those "exclusively at Jim's Toy Barn Emporium" type of situations coming.

It's already coming in GS, Amazon, and BB and Target so your limits has been broken already. I doubt they will do that now that they know which retailers will be the best bang for their bucks to sell at.

Edited on by SwitchForce

SwitchForce

HobbitGamer

@SwitchForce Ah, good point. Might not be as many exclusive store things after a quarter of numbers come in.
How do you like the game so far?

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic