Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,721 to 4,740 of 4,769

SpaceMonkey86

@FaeKnight Where do you make the picture? On your Switch? I just looked around everywhere and couldn't figure it out. I must've been missing something. I work with electronics so you'd think I'd be able to make a simple picture and post in a game lol

SpaceMonkey86

FaeKnight

@MilkBone There's a red mailbox (looks like a red post) near the weapon shop. Interacting with it lets you draw/create an image then post said image to Twitter. To be fair, I stumbled across it by accident a couple days before the splatfest while just goofing off in the plaza.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Mikaeru

man!! just played this game.. its so exciting and stressing!!
i cant control it yet.. its so hard.. never been playing FPS game without mouse before..
any tips?

Mikaeru

FaeKnight

Use the motion controls for aiming. Once you get use to it (which happens fairly quickly) it's a bit faster then using the right stick to aim. You'll still be using the right stick for faster turns at times though. Also, hit Y to recenter your aim/camera every so often.

In addition, playing through the single player campaign will both help you get use to the motion controls, as well as make you familiar with the various overall weapon types. Not to mention the single player campaign is just well done. And the "octoling fight" single player missions can give you a chance to practice for online matches in a non-competitive arena.

And finally remember that while splatting your opponants in Turf War is a good idea, your main goal is actually to cover ground in ink. So take out the other team when you can, but keep in mind that you also want to be covering as much ground (and walls) with your team's ink color as well. In fact, in a close match a sudden turf inking blitz in the last 30 seconds can be the difference between winning and losing. As such check the map on occasion to see where you'll be most effective.

Also, Splatoon 2 isn't an FPS. It's a 3rd person shooter

FaeKnight

Dogorilla

Has anyone received the exclusive gear that you get from the 12-month online subscription yet? It's supposed to be sent in an email but I haven't received it yet.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You (Switch), Hollow Knight (Switch), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic)

FaeKnight

I thought that wasn't going to be available till November or December?

Not that I have a 12 month sub yet. Currently it's a 3 month sub that'll run out near the end of December.

FaeKnight

Dogorilla

@FaeKnight Ah, it's coming in October according to Nintendo's website. I was a little worried it had already been sent out and I'd missed it somehow.

Currently Playing: The World Ends With You (Switch), Hollow Knight (Switch), Ace Attorney: Dual Destinies (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic)

toiletduck

@FaeKnight are you sure walls count in turf war? They don't seem to count for filling special gauge in de weapon testing garage.

toiletduck

FaeKnight

Not sure if they count for turf war %, but they do count for moving around. So you'll be splatting ink on them anyway.

FaeKnight

Dogorilla

Yeah walls don't count towards the turf covered

Cynas

Just got my email for the Switch Online gear.

The shoes have Stealth Jump and the jersey has Swim Speed Up. Both pieces of gear already have 3 slots available.

Edited on by Cynas

Cynas

Switch Friend Code: SW-5466-6715-6498

Doublecat

i have American codes for the Switch Online gear, but i need European codes. can anyone help me?

Doublecat

EvilLucario

Finally sat down and marathoned the second half of Octo Expansion, and holy crap is it so good. Easily one of the best DLCs ever made, period.

The secret boss can also kiss my ass though. Finally beat it after like 2-3 hours of constant failure lmao.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@EvilLucario Wow. I collected all the stuff and completed all of the challenges in the Octo Expansion, but I had no idea that there was a secret boss!

Guess I'll be logging back in to challenge it.

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah Yeah it's in the subway near the beginning with an open locker. Challenge it and prepare to die. Like, a lot until you get down patterns.

Unfortunately I'm godawful at aiming in shooters (which is why I main rollers in Splatoon) so I personally had some trouble, but if you know how to aim worth a damn then you'll be perfectly fine.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

-Green-

I really like the current state of Dynamos at the moment. They were absolutely terrible at launch but after many many patchs, they finally brought it back to about Splatoon 1 levels. At the very least, all its kits are good.

Through experience though, rollers could really do with some hitbox and/or damage adjustments as a class in general. Carbon is absurdly bad in damage and rollers overall are notably inconsistent. Except for Dynamo, but even then it has its moments.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

FaeKnight

I've been struggling early in the 2nd line for Octo Expansion. I don't want to just pay to auto complete the stages, and the "pop 50 balloons" one so far is brutal in it's timing.

FaeKnight

Kimyonaakuma

Turns out I received my code for the Online Subscription gear yesterday...I doubt that I'll use it but it's a nice bonus

Kimyonaakuma

Trajan

How is this game these days?

"Although PS2 was a sales success because it had a DVD player function, it troubled me that we had moved to a hardware where the sole function wasn’t playing games,” - Satoru Iwata

MONOLITHSOFT and Rareware (SNES-GC) fanboy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic