Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,741 to 4,760 of 5,014

MarioVillager92

@Northwind Huh, okay. Thanks for telling me!

@WoomyNNYes I first learned about that when I was looking up Splatoon tips. I used to paint the walls quite a bit as a result, since I thought they would count.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

ok1

@Northwind All I've found were some Japanese people earlier. I honestly think Star might lose since it seems all the lower levels are on Star.
Also, what Power do you need even to get close to Top 35?

hello

Snatcher

I need to get this game at some point, probably when the price drops lower then 40 smackaros.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

(My friend code is SW-7322-1645-6323, please ask me before you use it)

Sorry for not being active much recently, but I’m very much alive!

crashcontrol

@Northwind Sorry to tell you but it is technically your fault as that’s what happens when you disconnect from the game everyone but one person leaves and that one person seems bugged.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Snatcher

@crashcontrol OMG I didn't have the balls to tell him that but you did LOL, I was like what the heck is he talking about thats not a bug, your internet just sucks.

Nintendo are like woman, You love them for whats on the inside, not the outside…you know what I mean! Luzlane best girl!

crashcontrol

@Northwind Idk why Nintendo wouldn’t just tell you since in the original Splatoon it did right away.
But yeah Nintendo online does suck for most games it just works differently in each one.

Currently Playing: Genshin Impact, Honkai: Star Rail, and whatever else I feel like playing

Switch Friend Code: SW-7941-0589-4299

Maxz

@Northwind I believe the rankings are based not on total clout, but on Splat Power obtained in pro mode. This shifts up and down depending on how often you win/lose (and is scaled against the opposing team’s strength). So medals shouldn’t just go to those who sacrifice the most sleep over the weekend.

Also, the popularity only effects one of the three metrics, so no matter how one sides the numbers are, it should be the overall skill that wins out.

Sadly, my prospects of nabbing a medal are looking pretty slim. I’ve only managed to get in the Top 100 once, and that took over 2400 points. I haven’t pushed over 2150 this time around.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Snatcher

@Northwind Switch online just sucks.

kkslider5552000

I stopped playing today mostly because I got teamed with THE WORST player, who I think was trying the roller to paint every tiny thing near the base instead of focusing on anything else. But then they would like paint over where everything was painted. They might as well not be there.

So after that match, I left the whole multiplayer menu and tried again. I got paired with the same person. Haaaaaaaate.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

MarioVillager92

ok1 wrote:

I honestly think Star might lose since it seems all the lower levels are on Star.

@ok1 Yeah...I lost against Mushroom in quite a few matches. But I did win some for Star as well. Some of the Mushroom players are on crazy high levels.

It'll probably be like the Heroes vs. Villains Splatfest, where most players picked the Heroes side but the Villains won more matches in both normal and pro modes. But we'll see what happens.

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

Snatcher

@Northwind Idk you say its a bug but it looks like you lost your internet, It could very be wrong, I never heard splatoon having this issue.

BenAV

@Northwind Usually it'll come up with a communication error straight away when you disconnect, that's just something that can happen occasionally but regardless it's something on your end. The game tends to be pretty stable most of the time with any half-decent connection though. My connection has never been great but I've only had a handful of disconnects in 1000+ hours with the game. One of my friends doesn't have Wi-Fi and has to play using a terrible mobile connection, it disconnects frequently in some Switch games but could play Splatoon with no issues.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

BenAV

@Northwind Different games would be coded differently but that doesn't necessarily make it worse. Splatoon 2 is infinitely more playable online for me than Smash Bros. which often lags like crazy. Just something about your connection that it doesn't like I guess.

BenAV

Switch Friend Code: SW-4616-9069-4695 | 3DS Friend Code: 3652-0548-9579 | Nintendo Network ID: Ben_AV | Twitter:

vio

This is maybe the worst Splatfast I've taken part in because it so ridiculously one sided. Hardly anyone went with Mushroom! 95% of my games have been mirror against another Super Star team. I gave up after reaching Champion. Just wasn't worth it anymore. Mirror matches are worthless. You're basically just playing plain Jane Turf War at that point.

"Tingle is the very reincarnation of a fairy!"

Snatcher

Dam I haven't gotten the game but from the sound of it its pretty bad I thought it was good, whats with all the hate?

gcunit

I've had Splat2 for a long time, but have never been able to fully engage with it and improve my knowledge and technique. What difference does it make if you're playing against other Star teams - is it just that it doesn't count towards the final Mushroom v Star score?

I was playing Splatfest last night. I was spending quite a lot of time in the matchmaking process, with it fairly often failing to find enough players.

As someone who's not very good at the game, and therefore gets splatted quite a lot, I find the wait before you respawn, and then the lost time as you try to get back in the action or squid jump, increasingly frustrating.

I kind of want to get better, but at the same time, I've always found it hard to play for more than an hour at a time because of the frustration and repetitiveness.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MarioVillager92

Well, the Splatfest is over. I played in the last hour and I've been beating the Mushroom guys every time they showed up. (In the normal battles.) I mostly faced off against other Star guys too, lol. We'll see which power-up is better.

ShreyasPFSVK

@MarioLover92 Same here. Excited to see who wins tho!

ShreyasPFSVK

Switch Friend Code: SW-4090-3184-6540 | My Nintendo: ShreyasK

MarioVillager92

@ShreyasPFSVK Yeah me too! I like both power-ups, so it took me some thought to pick a side, lol. Some of the Mushroom guys were pretty good.

Mr-Fuggles777

Tried playing tonight as Mushroom and it was horrible, got completely wiped out every single match. Im not the best player but one round we couldn't get off of the spawn without getting sniped, I've never played a multiplayer game so one sided - I used to think trials of the nine was sweaty in D2, it doesn't even come near to splatoon this weekend.

With no Power, comes no Responsibility!

My Nintendo: Badger | Nintendo Network ID: SW-7629-6884-5091

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic