Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,481 to 2,500 of 5,014

GoldenGamer88

Manta Maria comes tomorrow! Check NOE's Twitter!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Zyrac

Sloshing Machine confirmed for tomorrow, apparently? Inkipedia says so, at least, but they didn't cite a source. Anyone know where this came from?

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

ThomGee

@Zyrac Maybe check the Splatoon Tumblr or Nintendo's Twitter.

Edit: The Splatoon Tumblr, NOE's Twitter, and NOJ's Twitter said nothing, so I have no idea where Inkipedia got that info.

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

My Nintendo: ThomGee | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

-Green-

It's on the Japanese Splatoon Twitter Account.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ThomGee

Oh yeah, it is. According to the tweet, with some help from Google Translate:

"Tomorrow new 8/26 11:00, Ibuki is added "screwsloscher".
Draw arc spiral ink fired out from the washing tanks like ejection port will give great damage across bumps and obstacles, hit the center of the. Sub's special "robot bomb", "hyperpressor"."

I am very excited for the Screwsloscher. Hopefully they buff it to make it actually viable, though that's hard to do with the Hyperpressor as a special. The Robot Bombs will make it more useful.

Also, WHO IS IBUKI?! They're mentioned in ARMS tweets and Spla2n tweets!

Edited on by ThomGee

ThomGee

Zyrac

"Sloshing Machine" was a fortuitous localisation, incidentally.

I think I quit Splatoon before this thing came out, so it'll be interesting for me to see how it works.

Edited on by Zyrac

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

Wow, I was actually expecting it to be the sloshing machine. After all the other weapon updates I figured it would be this or one of the blasters. I should quickly buy a lotto ticket before me luck runs out (or maybe a drink ticket from crusty sean instead)

Sooo, I decided to try out the goo tuber after thinking it was trash from one salmon run experience and based on other peoples hating on it... but this thing feels great. I bought it and went straight into tower control (why would I take a first time use weapon in rank? hey, it worked out). I was surprised by its mobility and was digging the suction bombs. Most of my goo splats didn't even come from full charges. Just got get them in enemy ink and get a half charge on them and it can splat 'em. This thing really needs ink storm though. That would help with having to not worry about getting a full charge off too, but alas it is not so.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

ThomGee

@NapalmPsalm They did recently buff the Goo Tuber, so maybe that's why you did so well with it.

ThomGee

Zyrac

@NapalmPsalm That doesn't sound like you're using the long charge hold, though? In which case it's just a charger that's slow for no reason.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@Zyrac Sorry, I kind of lumped the charge hold into the mobility part of my comment. Not having to jump out of the ink every second to keep my charge made me feel like a torpedo. Heck, as soon as a match started I would just go ahead and charge up and then follow someone else's ink so I could have a fully charged shot ready for the enemy team as soon as we met in the middle. Just with the range of the goo tuber and how tower control works, as soon as I took a shot someone would be on top of me so I would have to get creative.

Now that I think about it I was also using the comeback ability, no that helped a lot as well when we needed to push the tower and no one else seemed to want to do it. I did mange to pull a 180 and get an aerospray that snuck up behind me as I was trying to get on the tower with a full charge, so there is that.

@Nintendoer Now that you say that I remember them buffing it. I don't remember how, but I'll take a look.
EDIT: "Reduced amount of time required to fully charge a shot by 5/60 of a second
Reduced amount of time between losing a stored charge and being able to fire again by 5/60 of a second"
I don't know if this is really a big enough buff to make it feel that good to me compared to when I used it in Salmon Run. Still charges really slow.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

TuVictus

Finally reached past 99 profreshional in salmon run!! I love that they opened the weapons up

TuVictus

Zyrac

@NapalmPsalm Ah, okay then.

Apparently the "losing a stored charge" bit is something of a mistranslation; what they meant is that they reduced the time it takes to fire a held shot after coming out of squid form, which should certainly help a bit.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Skid

@Zyrac Oh my gosh, I've read that so many times and I just didn't think it meant how I was reading it. It made it sound like you lose the charged shot faster, I just didn't think I was reading it right. It was just poor wording. Yeah, if that is the case I don't think I would have pulled off that turn around splat pre update.

Edited on by Skid

Switch

Namco

I witnessed the weirdest disconections today. I was playing tower defense when the ''connection is unstable'' message showed up mid-game. The timer suddenly stopped and all the players froze except for me. I could just walk around and splat the enemy, which I enjoyed to the fullest. When I conquered the tower it didn't move and a moment later I was thrown out of the game. (Another crack yay!)

After that I decided to play some turfwar. I was really surprised when the game suddenly began with just 7 players in the room. Ofcourse I happened to be part of the minority team... However my two comrades were pretty good and we won anyway. Then this replacement ???????? player showed up in the results:

Untitled

Anyone had similar experiences?

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

meleebrawler

Hm, Sloshing Machine is released this weekend... the plot of Mario + Rabbids which releases soon afterwards kicks off with a time-travelling washing machine... coincidence?

Edited on by meleebrawler

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Zyrac

@Sir_Anthony Yeah, I got a 7-player start in ranked the other day:
Untitled
Still haven't been kicked from a match myself or seen that sort of lag, though, although I know of it from the first game.

Zyrac

Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Zyrac I have had a few disconnects myself, but nothing out of the ordinary - pretty much in line with what I experience in other games or on other consoles I'd say...

I don't really get this general criticism levelled at Nintendo for their internet stability - I've played GTAV on two different consoles (X360 & PS4) in two different houses with two different internet providers/routers/speeds - and had similar issues (my PC has a wired connection, so slightly better, but that's not perfect either) ..I think that people just notice disconnects more in Splatoon 2 because the lobbies are generally that bit smaller (eg. Splatoon 2 - 8 player, GTAV - up to 30 player) - the more people, the less you're gonna notice if a player or two drop out - that's how I see it anyway (from my experiences)

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

meleebrawler

@NaviAndMii Other online games tend to allow players to join mid-match as well. Even Monster Hunter World apparently allows one to do so (and even request others to do the same).

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

That's one of its biggest failings. No compensation for short-manned teams and for some reason no way to join active matches.

TuVictus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic