Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 3,087

Maxz

@ACK I was generally in favour of the nerfs to the rollers and blasters, but this is a really good post about dialling some of them down. They've been wiped out from online play so heavily that even I've been sad, as a non-user.

I hope we get some slight alterations to the Tri to make it feel a little less one-dimensionally powerful. Most other weapons seem to have some damage fall off which promotes accurate play. The Tri just seems to have this very flat area of unchanging damage (64) where you just need to turn up and throw out two sloshes in quick succession. I've been having less of a problem since I've switched to longer ranges weapons, but I still feel it stands considerably taller than a lot of other close range weapons.

One of my problems against the old Dynamo was that you could tell you were dead pretty much as soon as someone had initiated their jumping fling; the OHKO area was almost inescapable and decent users could repeatedly pull it off with enough finesse not to get splatted beforehand. The Tri doesn't feel nearly as bad, but I still feel the flat 64 output and decent range/fire rate mean it stifles a lot of similar weapons from being used.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: S+ | TC: S+ | RM: S+
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly

Zyrac

@Sir_Anthony Oh yeah?

I've actually seen a decent amount of Sploosh-o-matics in Turf War. I sympathise with "hope it stays under the radar", though. I hate doing what everyone else is doing. I wouldn't use the Everywhereospray if you put a .96 Gal to my head.

Although I think the weapon variety in ranked matches has been pretty good, so there's nothing I'm particularly averse to trying out there.

Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels
ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

erv

I like salmon run way more than I thought I would. Perhaps - now I hope - we're going to see even more stages in it in the future.

The anatomically awesome evello is bringing the fame and glory!

Switch code: SW-0397-5211-6428

Nintendo Network ID: genet1c

Spoony_Tech

I would like to see the splashdowns hit window done more accurately. I swear I'm outside of it's attack range and still get killed.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

WHAT IS RETRO DOING??!!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

-Green-

@Spoony_Tech it does 70 Splash damage out of its kill zone. It seems to work similar to how bombs do.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

I thought the new Salmon Run stage "Lost Outpost" was supposed to be available today?The next 2 rotations are both for the Spawning Grounds.I've been looking forward to playing that all day.

Edited on by OorWullie

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

OorWullie

@Zyrac Ah alright cheers. It should hopefully appear over the weekend then along with the other new map.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6101-8403-1640

Nintendo Network ID: Ar_Tee_Es

NapalmPsalm

@OorWullie It is available at the shoal for local play, but we'll have to wait for it to get in rotation. This was pointed out to me yesterday. The wait continues

Edited on by NapalmPsalm

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

Operative2-0

Ill try it out in local play and see how it is. I'm super glad theres gonna be better weapons in rotation too. Salmon run is my favorite mode

Operative2-0

Nicolai

Eh, I'm still having major trouble with the Dynamo. I can't even tell the difference in range, and it doesn't really solve any of its problems.

I mostly just want its horizontal fling to ink better. I miss being able to clear most of a zone in just one swipe. It's not just that the range is shorter now, but even within its range, it produced thinly-scattered ink like a drizzler. It really doesn't help anything. Any weapon can cover a path in front better than the Dynamo's horizontal fling.

I feel like if you can't put the horizontal fling to good use, then the weapon is basically a much-worse version of a splat charger. It "charges" the same time and lays a similar ink trail, but with a much shorter range, a much slower swim speed, way worse ink efficiency, and draws way more attention to itself. All of that just for a slightly wider hitbox that is even wider at close range in case you're ambushed (which a splat charger with the right sub weapon can handle even better anyway).

Is ANYONE having any better luck with it? Is anyone else even using it? Has anyone had any worse luck against it?

Edited on by Nicolai

I found @Haru17: https://youtu.be/c0Xtv8OAvYU
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00) - || - Splatoon 2 Rank: SZ A+ ::: TC S+0 ::: RM S

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Sir_Anthony

@Zyrac impressive score, congrats

Untitled

I'll be sure to beat it one day, somehow... So, challenge accepted

Sir_Anthony

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

-Green-

I don't think they actually buffed the Dynamo's maximum range. What it seems that they did is increase it damage range.

Edited on by -Green-

Nicolai

@-Green- That's what I mean. I was using the word 'range' in a general sense.

Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: EST (-5:00) - || - Splatoon 2 Rank: SZ A+ ::: TC S+0 ::: RM S

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

The Dynamo is a very tricky weapon to balance simply due to it being what it is. A roller with huge range and coverage. If given too much it can become absolutely disgusting similar to how it was in Splatoon 1.

I'll never forget how they originally planned for it to also be able to deflect shots.

Edited on by -Green-

Nicolai

@-Green- It never felt overpowered when I used it in Splatoon 1, personally. It relied so much on your teammates, that it could really only turn the tide of battle if we were already in good standing. It was one of those weapons that was totally helpless when the other team was winning. The fling took so long that it was easy to take advantage of if you knew what you were doing. I splatted many Dynamos back in that day, even when I managed to scrape S rank.

Right now, I feel like a huge detriment to my team. (Not that I should have been playing rainmaker, but) the last Rainmaker game I played, the guy with the RM literally walked right around me and went straight to the goal and landed it, just because there was this tiny ledge preventing me from abushing him. Each slosh wasn't capable of inking that path. Just before he landed it, someone found me and put me out of my misery while I flopped helplessly around the ledge and couldn't even aim at him.

That wouldn't have happened with any other weapon, let me tell you. The dynamo doesn't need any boost in range or damage, it just needs to ink a little better.

I've been using sub power ups, though, and I have yet to get a really good set of ink savers. Maybe I'll do better when I can manage a few more flings before I run out.

Edited on by Nicolai

Zyrac

I think there's been some overreacting to roller nerfs in general; I mean, I've seen some moaning about the Carbon, but I've been doing fine with it. The fact that I never really used it (or any roller) in the original probably helps me enjoy it now, since I'm not missing what was lost.

But the Dynamo does seem like it may have a problem. That giant horizontal fling was kinda its whole purpose. I'd think it would work OK if they gave it the original range, but didn't allow it to one-hit-kill from much of a distance, with the vertical fling being better for that.

Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels
ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

-Green-

They nerfed it too much in and since Splat 1. Which honestly seems to be somewhat of a trend in the beginning of Splat 2.

As for whether it was dumb in Splat 1, I was referring to it at the beginning. It got toned down significantly over the course of the game's life.

Edited on by -Green-

Sir_Anthony

The Dynamo Roller appears to be totally irrelevant mainly thanks to the Flingza Roller (Lvl 24 unlock) Which combines the long range vertical swing with the fast horizontal swing. It also has the same movement speed as the Carbon Roller but unlike that weapon it still insta kills when you roll over an enemy! Does any other Roller in Splatoon 2 even compare?

EDIT: Its speed is between the Carbon Roller and Splat Roller. Did not meant to say ''same speed''

Edited on by Sir_Anthony

Sir_Anthony

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Nicolai

@-Green- Oh, okay, yeah, it was way too OP the first day it came out. But later on (and probably still, if you go back to Splatoon 1), I felt it was perfectly balanced. It's range wasn't too crazy, and its 100-damage hitbox was only in the center, so you needed aim, but it still had that terrifying presence of inking an incredibly large area from high points. Now if I try to ink areas from high points in Splatoon 2, I either don't get anything done with the horizontal fling, or waste my whole tank of ink (and time) with the verticle fling. I feel like there's nothing redeeming the detrimental amount of time you spend reeling back like a sitting duck this time around.

Edited on by Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic