Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 4,453

ThomGee

Hm, I don't know why. What is your playstyle? @NaviAndMii

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

Nicolai

@NaviAndMii My favorite is the N-ZAP. It's similar, but you get a narrower stream of ink and a slightly longer ranger. In close quarters, most weapons splat about the same, but because the N-ZAP is so narrow, it's more precise and you get that same splat time throughout its range. Because it's so rapid-fire and low powered, you get about the same amount of ink coverage if you waggle your reticle a bunch. The one drawback is that its easier for inklings to escape your fire, but I still get great results with it.

If you still want that "fanning" ink trail, the Sploosh-o-matic and Splat Jr. are very similar, just with varying degrees of precision and range, with Sploosh-o-matic being the shortest and Splat Jr being the "fanniest." It goes something like this.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ Range - _ - Precision
Sploosh-o _ _ _ shortest _ _ medium
Splat Jr. _ _ _ _ _ short _ _ _ wide
Aero _ _ _ _ _ _ _ medium _ medium
Splash-o _ _ _ _ _ medium _ narrowest
NZAP _ _ _ _ _ _ _ longer _ _ narrow

Weapons like the Gals splat faster, but they require too much precision for me sure to their low fire rate. Plus, their ink coverage and efficiency plummets. Tri has about the same settings as the Sploosh, the standard slosher is as long as the NZAP, but with much more fan.

Edited on by Nicolai

I rise from the ashes!
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Zyrac

Oh, speaking of dualies, I've been liking the Dapple Dualies (Lv. 26 unlock) for close combat. They do more damage than the Splat Dualies and the super quick dodge roll is a real lifesaver. Bit awkward that they come with Beakons rather than any sort of bomb, though, not that Beakons aren't useful.

I think I'm the sort of gamer who's played enough action games with dodge moves that I just sort of instinctively understand rolling. So I'm not sure how well I could explain it, but I will say it's good for avoiding being trapped in enemy ink.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

NaviAndMii

@Nintendoer I dunno, maybe I've just used the Aerospray too much - the Dualies did seem to be quite similar (rapid fire/decent coverage), maybe if I stick with them for a bit I can adjust to the subtleties of them a bit more ..I just noticed that, on Turf Wars, my score just dropped from ≈1000 to closer to ≈650 when I switched to the Dualies - could be just down to a lack of practice I guess!

@Nicolai That's great - thanks! I'll have to get myself an N-ZAP and try it out - I'm pretty good at shooters (generally speaking) but, even so, I wouldn't want the aim to be too narrow - so seems like a good option! ..I'll probably try the Sploosh-O-Matic too but, with an ultra narrow spray, it sounds quite unforgiving!

@Zyrac Is there a dodge roll button? Maybe that's where I'm going wrong..? :/

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 SNES 🎮 N64 🎮 GB 🎮 GG 🎮 PC 🎮 PS2 🎮 GC 🎮 PSP 🎮 Wii 🎮 360 🎮 PS4 🎮 MD 🎮 NSW 🎮

MK8D (R: 8600, B: 2500)
Splatoon 2 (L: 63, CB: A, RM: A, SZ: A, TC: A)
Rocket League (L: 28 - Pro)

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | My Nintendo: NaviAndMii

ThomGee

@NaviAndMii Press B and hold a direction to roll while shooting. You have to be shooting to roll.

I, for one, welcome our new Nintendo overlords.

Switch FC: SW-7745-4331-2226

My Nintendo: Strix | Nintendo Network ID: WakerOfWindsHD

NaviAndMii

@Nintendoer Ahhhh!! Maybe that's why my score just fell off a cliff when I started using the Dualies! ..if I roll, the recticles converge and concentrate the blast on a single spot, don't they? ..might make all the difference - cheers! (..as soon as I learned how to roll in GTA:Online, it made a huge difference - I'll have to practice that when I play Splatoon later! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Sir_Anthony

@NaviAndMii
Don't worry about your score dropping when trying out a new weapon. That's inevitable when you miss the needed experience. Like others said the kind of weapon you use should depend on your playstyle. To be honest my aim is not always on point. My playstyle is more of a strategic manner. I like to ambush the enemy. I often swim around players and shooting them in the back. That's why I prefer weapons such as the Sploosh-O-Matic, Tri Slosher and the Mini-Spatling because of their relative wide coverage.

The Splash-O-Matic is actually the one with the narrow spray. The Sploosh is much better in close-quarter combat.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Nicolai

Zyrac wrote:

@Nicolai Oh, I have that. So you can order it if I play with you while wearing it, right? I can be on about six hours from now if you're free then.

That would be great! If I remember to go online then... lol. I'll check in if I remember.

I rise from the ashes!

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NaviAndMii

@Sir_Anthony Thanks I'm pretty good with the Aerospray - probably about as effective I can be with it - I just don't like having to run away from close-quarters battles...feels kinda cowardly - but necessary all the same given how under-powered it is! ..I was just thinking of changing things up to get a weapon that I wouldn't have to be so cowardly with! I'd much rather front up than run/swim away! Haha!

The Sloshers look super-effective - but I don't really like the animation, so I think I'm gonna avoid using them if I can (same with the brushes - too 'thrashy' for my tastes!) ..but I'll test a few of the other weapons suggested at the weapon shop - stick with one - then hopefully pick up the little nuances as I go

Edited on by NaviAndMii

KirbyTheVampire

The Tri-slosher is my baby. The number of kills I get is usually cut in half when I try any other weapon, although I'm pretty good with the Octobrush as well.

Seems like one of the best weapons when it comes to sneak attacks and ambushing the enemy.

KirbyTheVampire

NaviAndMii

@KirbyTheVampire I've certainly fallen victim to many a Slosher/Brush attack - devastating!

I wasn't meaning to sound like I hate them, or hate the animations or anything (poor choice of words on my part) ..I think these weapons are genius really & I love how they fit with the overall theme of the game - nothing wrong with the animations either! (quite scary when someone's coming at you with one! - glad they're in the game!) ..just personal taste, that's all - more of a 'shooter' guy myself!

Edited on by NaviAndMii

Zyrac

Interesting details on Run Speed Up have appeared on Inkipedia. Apparently there's some compensation for weapons that affect your run speed while not firing, but that isn't too important. What matters more is that we now have exact numbers for the boost you get when you are firing. Plus, there's a chart that shows the speed while firing for various weapons (mostly shooters). Splat Dualies, Dapple Dualies and N-ZAP are the fastest.

This was added a few days ago, actually. Gonna keep an eye out for more juicy stuff like this.

Available for online play around 7-10PM UK time most weekdays, whenever on weekends.
Pullblox levels | Fallblox levels | Fullblox levels | Mario Maker levels | ACNL Dream Address: 6E00 000F 65D2

Switch Friend Code: SW-6987-6502-7004 | 3DS Friend Code: 0044-3085-4333 | Nintendo Network ID: Zyrac23 | Twitter:

NapalmPsalm

@Zyrac Nice information! So if I'm using the mini splatting, I can strafe faster than the dualies and and N-ZAP with either two main and to sub run speed ups or one main and five subs to move the same speed (only if these kids aren't using any run speed up at all).

Not that I would waste that many slots just to have the mini strafing at the same speed of those light weapons when I could be using ink recovery or ink main as well as special main abilities. I'll stick to my gold hi-horses for the extra boost while just running.

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

KirbyTheVampire

@NaviAndMii I wasn't offended or anything lol, sorry if it looked that way. I just saw the discussion about which weapons people prefer and thought I'd throw that in.

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

Playing a charger makes me hate all things yet I want to get better. I fee the salt flowing through me and I despise all Octobrushes.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

NaviAndMii

@KirbyTheVampire Oh, not at all - I just felt the need to clarify what I meant...all good!

Zyrac

@Nicolai Sent you a friend request and I'm off to play Turf War for a while, come join me if you're around.

Edit: Stopping for now but I'll be checking back here. Gimme a shout.

Edited on by Zyrac

NapalmPsalm

So what are our feelings on talking about the data mined weapons? Are we wanting to put spoiler tags on them or talk about them freely?

Switch
Username: NaplmPsalm
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413
Splatoon Ranks: SZ: S+0 | TC: S | RM: S | CB: A-

shani

I just had the weirdest Ranked game...

After reaching 8 players, the game seemed to be stuck in the lobby, until someone left and the match seemed to start with seven players.
But to my surprise, it was a 3vs3.
At the result screen it was still 4vs4, with two players with 0/0 stats. What's even more stranger is that one of those two (the one from the other team) didn't have a rank, it just said '---' where the rank should've been...

My personal game of the year? Legend Of Marina: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant Legend of Zelda: Breath of the SPLATOOOOON!

Wanna play some Switch games together or just chat about games? Join our NL Inklings Discord server!

Youtube | Twitch | Steam
My Mario Maker Levels |

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Nicolai

@Zyrac Sorry, I thought I might have been preoccupied with something today.

I rise from the ashes!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic