Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,501 to 2,520 of 5,014

NaviAndMii

@meleebrawler Yeah, that's true ..I do kinda wish that AI would just take over if someone dropped out - and maybe if other players could join mid-match (taking the AI characters place) - when one team out-numbers the other the result is almost inevitable, so it's definitely not as fun - at least some rudimentary AI could help keep things a bit more balanced! (..but that's not really a problem with the internet service, more with this game specifically - which I can understand, to be fair)

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

-Green-

@Blue_Blur I played against you last night in Turf War. I was Alio and we were mostly on the opposite team. I was the dude using the Rapid Blaster and we did about the same I think. Although, I think you and your Sloshers generally did slightly better than me. It was fun seeing you in the lobby.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

meleebrawler

@Operative2-0 The game kind of already does so indirectly. In Turf being on the losing side gives more opportunities to ink and gain points, and in Ranked they waive losing results from short-handed teams. Mid-match joins wouldn't work well since they're much shorter than the average shooter, and nobody likes being dropped in immediate hopeless scenarios.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

TuVictus

I dunno if I would really count losing badly at Turf War to be a handicap for losing teams, though I see the point you're trying to make. As for Ranked, that's better at least. It would suck to lose rank because someone left you hanging. I don't really agree with your last statement though, in that I think it would still be worth it, of course assuming the player dropped in isn't punished/compensated as if they were there the whole time. Of course, that's logistics I don't know enough about to suggest a solution to, but I think the general idea of it is still sound

TuVictus

Blue_Blur

@-Green- I thought that was you! It was a shame that we weren't on the same team more often, but it was still fun regardless. I think we were evenly matched; you're really good with the Rapid Blaster, too! Hopefully we'll get to do some more turf wars soon.

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

ultraraichu

I swear these Ranked matches are getting my adrenaline pumping way too much, it's exhausting. I'm an overall A+ but the past 3 day most of my matches have been won or lost by overtime or close calls. It's way better than losing in a <45 seconds KO but the excitement is too much. Starting to remember one of the reasons why I sticked only to Turf War in the first game.

I always wonder how effective Tenacity is when your teammate disconnect in a middle of a match (3 vs 4). I used it a couple of time in Turf War since that's where DCs happens more often in my experience, but it doesn't look like the special gauge fills automatically, or maybe real slow.

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Nicolai

@ultraraichu I know what you mean. I've always personally wished for more wait time between matches, so that I can cool off more. I usually just don't continue when prompted and wait in the lobby, but when you're on a roll, it's tempting to hit continue; or if you're playing with friends, you have to to keep playing in the same room with them.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

meleebrawler

@ultraraichu Tenacity's buildup is very slow with one player down by itself, but it's better than nothing. Turf isn't always readily available to ink in order to charge, so every little bit of help Tenacity provides counts.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Zyrac

A patch to the first game made Tenacity also give a Special Charge Up effect, so it actually increased the charge from spreading ink while it was active, in addition to the automatic fill. But I don't know if they kept that in this game...

Zyrac

Twitter:

ultraraichu

@Nicolai Yeah, I need to start doing that when it comes to Rank Battles. Win or lose I keep pressing continue. I would say in hope of ranking up but tbh I'm just breaking even with the gauge.

@meleebrawler @Zyrac Thanks for the tips, I'll keep a better eye on the gauge. I remembered it was a lot more noticeable when it was activated in Splatoon 1 with the glowing icon and all. Tried playing a couple of matches with it to see but most of my matches have all 8, except for 2 which the other team was short. When you look to be unlucky

A dying animal struggles, thrashes and howls in protest as its life torn from it. To see this in action, watch Animal Planet. The same thing happens when a video game is or isn't released. To see this in action, stay here.

Switch Friend Code: Sw-6105-4873-7122 | 3DS Friend Code: 1848-1733-3257 | My Nintendo: Ultraraichu | Nintendo Network ID: ultraraichu

Maxz

@Nintendoer I'm fairly sure this mysterious 'Ibuki' fellow is a figment of Google Translate's imagination. The reason for him being translated into existence is likely down to the fact that both the ARMS and Splatoon Twitter accounts have a habit for writing the word 'weapon' (武器/buki) in katakana instead of kanji, making it ブキ (also pronounced 'buki'). Katakana is commonly used for names, and it seems that GT has taken the final 'i' from the preceding word (新しい/atarashii) - which means new - and tried to create a name by attaching it to 'buki' to form 'ibuki'. So whenever the phrase, 'new weapon' (新しいブキ/atarashii buki) is written on a Nintendo account, GT will likely interpret it as being about someone called 'ibuki'.

The rest of the tweet should be pretty farmiliar for anyone who knows their Sloshing Machines. The mouth of the device resembles a washing machine, which fires off spirals of ink. These arcs can be inked over obstacles and differing gradients, and a direct hit from the centre will deal big heavy damage. It comes with Autobombs as the Sub and Stingray as the Special.

In fact, it's out now, so you can find out for yourself. But there's the Legend of Ibuki put to rest at any rate.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

GoldenGamer88

Played quite a few matches on Manta Maria thus far, and certainly will continue to do so over the course of the day. I gotta say, I like it thus far, they've definitely played around with the masts and overall height difference. So be careful when facing a wall the opposition can climb up and you can't. Also the central area has a mast with small grid platforms on top so that's definitely a fought over area, especially for the likes of snipers and sloshers and where I'll spend most of my time. What do you guys think of the new map?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Maxz

@GoldenGamer88 I like it so far, but need a bit more time to figure out how it works across the various modes.

Mainly I'm in love with the whole 'feel' of the place. It really feels like a set piece. You're on a boat, mother slosher, and it's gonna be wet!

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

LzWinky

I felt the same way with the last game. I got lost so many times on the museum stage with those stupid turning posts

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bluedogrulez

Manta Maria reminds me of the Warehouse. Love its tight quarters!

Asphalt 9 / Siege Engine FTW

GoldenGamer88

@Maxz Haven't tried it out on anything but Turf War (mainly because I've never touched Ranked, plan on doing so once I reach level 50) but I definitely agree with it feeling more like a set piece of sorts and not a simple location like many stages in 2.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Rafx

I picked up Splatoon2 a couple of days ago. I by no means am an OG Pro at shooters but I'm not as bad as I seem to be at this game. Any tips for a noob?

Also I did play a little bit of the original and I have to say I do not like Pearl and Marina. Don't know why but I like the Marie and Callie much better.

3DS FC: 3755-0786-2046

shani

Zyrac wrote:

@Sir_Anthony Yeah, I got a 7-player start in ranked the other day:
Untitled

Interesting, I had a similar experience on Thursday, but in my case a 3vs4 turned into a 3vs3 (but the win/loss screen still showed 8 players). At least now I know what that --- in the rank column means, because I was really wondering how a lvl1 player with no rank could've participated in a ranked match. I even considered this to be a hack. ^^

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Blue_Blur

I love the new stage. It's much different than any of the other Splatoon 2 stages so far, and the layout feels very balanced. I'm looking forward to trying the stage out in ranked battles.

I had a weird glitch while waiting to join a friend's turf war yesterday. Instead of showing how much time was left and the countdown, it said 8:10, and never started to count down. They were definitely in a regular turf war, the green icon was by their name. I tried exiting and trying again, but the same thing happened. Then I tried joining a different friend, and the countdown was like normal. I have no idea what happened! XD

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Nicolai

Splatfest Tees are now up!
Untitled
Uh...

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic