Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Online Subscription Service Thread

Posts 481 to 500 of 2,232

Alantor28

subpopz wrote:

@Kinoen Did you just start listing games without even checking first that half of those were actually supported. I have no problem with legitimate complaints. But making stuff up without even bothering to check is not legitimate.
Are you on a crusade to spread misinformation? People replied to you and you didn't even correct yourself or admit fault in jumping to conclusions without bothering to check facts. Your response is instead on the attention these misinformed posts are getting, rather than that they were correcting you. You've gotten the attention of my ignore list though, so there's that

Yikes. If Kinoen does spread information, you can bet Nintendo will sue him for spreading false information and he would lose the case easily.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

1UP_MARIO

Although would’ve liked local backup I think cloud saves is ok fine. It’s more of a lot of people are not understanding how it works. When you subscribe you are backed up just as all cloud based service. You can take a break from the subscription as all of your saves are still there and not gone from your switch it’s still there no panic. Only panic if a shark or tiger or snail eats your switch. Now if you were to subscribe 2 months later or 3 you are backed up again wooohooo

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

HobbitGamer

If a snail managed to eat my Switch, I'd be more concerned for my safety than video games

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

FaeKnight

I've found $20, $50, and $100 cards. I'll usually buy a $50 card or a set of 3 $20 cards, depending. Speaking of which, my SD card is starting to get full. Maybe I should buy a bigger one, and transfer this one to either my 3DS or tablet. Think it's bigger then one of the ones currently in those devices.

FaeKnight

Switch Friend Code: SW-6813-5901-0801 | Twitter:

Ralizah

@Kinoen The wording on the website about how cloud save data is treated after a sub lapses is ambiguous. And Nintendo, as ever, doesn't seem keen on clearing things up. Let's not quite rush to judgment on things we're not fully sure of yet.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Kinoen

@Ralizah
Fair enough, but its looking to be that bad, and I will be viewing it as so until Nintendo clears it up.

Kinoen

FaeKnight

Let's say that Nintendo does delete your cloud saves the second your NSO subscription lapses. Would this actually make any difference what so ever? I mean, think about it for a moment. Cloud backup saves is a part of the paid service. Which means that you couldn't access them anyway while not a paid member. Even if they kept the saves, they would probably be out of date by the time you resubscribed. And when you do resubscribe you'll automatically be making new cloud backup saves anyway.

FaeKnight

Ralizah

@Kinoen I'll admit it's not encouraging. I think I'll cool my jets a while before subbing. I need questions answered first.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

veeflames

Not to be a devil's advocate of sorts here, but..

FaeKnight wrote:

Cloud backup saves is a part of the paid service. Which means that you couldn't access them anyway while not a paid member.

An interface could be created so you could access the cloud saves before they finally get deleted.

Even if they kept the saves, they would probably be out of date by the time you resubscribed.

True, but recovering a out-of-date save is better than not recovering a save at all. Of course, it's all subjective anyway. It might not be worth it to retrieve a save if it's TOO out of date.

And when you do resubscribe you'll automatically be making new cloud backup saves anyway.

Yes, but what happens if the Switch breaks before resubscribing (after the subscription ran out)? If the saves are deleted, then since your local saves are in the Switch there's no way to get ANY saves back. If the saves aren't deleted, then... well, we wouldn't be having this discussion.

At the end of the day, I'm not expecting Nintendo to keep my saves for an indefinite amount of time when my subscription runs out, anyway. Minor inconvenience, yes. But hardly nothing to freak out about, in my opinion. If you don't pay for something, you don't get it.

Edited on by veeflames

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

HobbitGamer

Little more than five hours now....

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

1UP_MARIO

FaeKnight wrote:

Let's say that Nintendo does delete your cloud saves the second your NSO subscription lapses. Would this actually make any difference what so ever? I mean, think about it for a moment. Cloud backup saves is a part of the paid service. Which means that you couldn't access them anyway while not a paid member. Even if they kept the saves, they would probably be out of date by the time you resubscribed. And when you do resubscribe you'll automatically be making new cloud backup saves anyway.

That’s exactly how I see it

GrailUK

Out of interest. Anyone concerned about cloud saves. Do you buy warranties for your electronics too?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Grumblevolcano

Enjoy the last 2 hours of free online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

1UP_MARIO

Then the 7 day free trial

HobbitGamer

@1UP_MARIO can I guess by your profile pic what you’re gonna play first?

#MudStrongs

SpaceMonkey86

OMG! Are we really making this big of a deal about a $1.67 a month service? It’s not as good as the other guys, but it’s a third the cost. People spend more than $20 to go to a movie they don’t truly know they’ll like and even if they do it’s for just a couple hours of fun. I just don’t get it. It seems so petty to complain about.

Edited on by SpaceMonkey86

SpaceMonkey86

FaeKnight

Hell, I often spend $35 a month on pizza. A year's subscription costs less then what I typically spend on ordering pizza in one month.

Doing a quick search of the prices of physical copies of the 20 initial NES games and the ones being added so far, they range from $6 for just the game to $100 for just the game. A copy of Legend of Zelda that includes the original box could cost you up to $270 depending on which version of the cart it is. So that service alone provides quite the bang for your buck. If you don't care for retro gaming you might not think so, but it does provide a great value if you enjoy retro gaming. And that value will only go up over time. Especially if SNES games come along too.

FaeKnight

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel Now looping on my Bluetooth turntable (for that extra ominous tone)

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic