Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,341 to 2,360 of 2,747

HobbitGamer

Hard to explain, but this is the baseline I started with and tweaked from there;
If your elbow is the pivot, and a karate chop towards the middle of the tv throws straight, a chop to put your pinky in the bottom corner would give a side through.

Now I've got Parappa stuck in my head...

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

farrow000

Completed the Pokedex didn't even need Pokemon Go. I got the Eevee version and got the rest of the pokemon from trading online. For training to level 100 I catch loads of Chansey in Cerulean Cave that give you lots of experience by using 2 joycons. I found 2 shinies doing this training a shiny Lickatung and Graveller which I haven't traded to evolve because I doubt i'll get him back but I have the complete pokedex so ain't too fussed.

What I don't like about the game is it's too easy. During the elite 4 I noticed if I was struggling I could just go into my pokemon box and switch out. I also don't like online battles its timed and I can't use the pople from my switch contacts having to use that dumb code

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

HobbitGamer

Did you already fight the 151 Master Trainers? I'd imagine Elite Four aren't any harder between battles now than hitting up the gates with tons of potions and revives back in the day.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

farrow000

@HobbitGamer only my main team of 6 I used to fight Red. Raichu, Fearow, Gengar, Omastar, Hitmonlee and Porygon.

I saw a video on youtube of the metapod fight at level 80 only using tackle 1% damage each time took ages. Haven't got the patience for that.

farrow000

My Nintendo: SW-3219-1520-3721

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel That's where I found my first one. Ran around zubats to get to that sucker in time.

@farrow000 Yeah, I'd imagine some of those are gonna be rough. Especially when moves for the pods and karp run out and it's reduced to the "Struggle"-bus lol

#MudStrongs

bixente

They really need to add a hard mode. Somehow I doubt it...

Friend code

SW-0378-6005-8904

Anti-Matter

Eh, are the Legendary Pokemons (Zapdos, Moltres, Articuno, Mewtwo, etc) can be captured Without Pokemon GO ?
Who has Complete Pokedex ?

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Yosheel That happened to me in Lavender with a Haunter when bestie and I were hunting Ghastly, 'twas a good laugh.
@Anti-Matter Yep, the 4 Legendaries are in their same spots. I got Zapdos yesterday. You have to actually battle them, then after they hit 0 HP, you can attempt a catch. It's been said that they can also spawn outside at random, though.

#MudStrongs

Anti-Matter

@HobbitGamer
And how about Pokemon Evolution ?
Should i need Thunder Stone to evolve Pikachu become Raichu ?
And what about Vaporeon, Jolteon, Flareon from Eevee ?

Anti-Matter

HobbitGamer

@Anti-Matter All the stone and trade evolutions are the same as Red/Blue.
BUT the Pikachu or Eevee on the case that you start with CANNOT evolve. You can catch other ones and evolve them, though.

#MudStrongs

Mountain_Man

bixente wrote:

They really need to add a hard mode. Somehow I doubt it...

That's my only concern. Getting rid of the tedium and random battles is a good thing. Making the game mindlessly easy is not. Still not sure if I want to buy it.

Edited on by Mountain_Man

The Mountain Man

BrainOfGrimlock

@Mountain_Man that was my biggest concern too; happy to say that as a long since lapsed/jaded player this does feel pretty fresh & exciting again. Using some self-enforced restrictions is giving me a bit of challenge too - appreciate I shouldn’t have to do that but it’s certainly helping my enjoyment.

If im being honest, i’d say i’m having more fun now using mons i’d never normally touch than if they’d added a hard mode & I was rocking my usual clutch of Alakazam/Gengar/Jolteon/Charizard/Vaporeon etc? It’s making me fall in love with a new bunch of pokemon i’ve never really used before/overlooked in all the years i’ve been playing in any case!

BrainOfGrimlock

Eel

I haven't had many problems with overleveling so far. Seems to be on par with a regular file of Pokemon red or blue.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Octane

@Yosheel Chansey is on nearly every route from what I've seen, just very rare, because no Safari Zone.

Octane

-Green-

I really like that you can actually see Pokémon now. I like it when Pokémon games try new things even if they are somewhat limited.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Jarester

-Green- wrote:

I really like that you can actually see Pokémon now. I like it when Pokémon games try new things even if they are somewhat limited.

was trippy af, thought their would still be random battles but it's literally just them. it's awesome.

All the way out of pallet town I was unable to battle the pokemon so I thought they were just teaching me how to catch pokemon a lot. after like 5 pokemon I had a moment I was so scared that this game was just about catching pokemon and having nothing to do with battleing. but I mean it's a nice relief that finally I battled gary as usual and it was somewhat back to normal. I literally thought somehow it was just about catching them and i was like damnn I didnt want pokemon go I waited a long ass time for this.

but either way I like this game sofar not far in and I'm a pokemon red guy in the past so this is good. looking forward to the actual pokemon game but this'll do for sure atm.

/e the only real problem I have with it being a remake is still only 1 save file

Edited on by Jarester

Jarester

Heavyarms55

Okay is there some hidden RNG value that just locks you out of catching a Pokemon? I've been sitting here for 2 hours catching the Pokemon I transferred from Pokemon Go, and then I found the Exeggcute FROM HELL I must have thrown more than a dozen "Excellent" throws, with ultra balls and razz berries and I could not catch it! Ran out of balls and berries, had to leave and come back and I finally got it. What on Earth happened?! Did Game Freak just RNG screw me like none other?

Nintendo Switch FC: 4867-2891-2493
Switch username: Em
Discord: Heavyarms55#1475
Pokemon Go FC: 3838 2595 7596
PSN: Heavyarms55zx

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic