Forums

Topic: Pokémon Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee!

Posts 2,321 to 2,340 of 2,747

shadow-wolf

@Yosheel @BrainOfGrimlock Another rule that would be fun and make the game more challenging — do an “Ash Ketchum Run” with only the Pokémon Ash used in the Indigo League in the anime. Make sure to use a Pikachu caught in Viridian Forest instead of the starter one.

Edited on by shadow-wolf

shadow-wolf

boyd88

Hi everyone,

Do you guys keep catching duplicates of the same Pokémon or just one of each (what would be the point to catching 50 Pigeys) is it better to build up the strength of the main one instead of having so many?

Also do you evolve them or not? What would be the point to not?

Thanks in advance for replying

boyd88

BrainOfGrimlock

Ugh, only just realised of course that my favourite gen 1 mons need to be traded to evolve - had two systems so was never really an issue on the 3ds versions!

I was going to avoid using Alakazam & Gengar for a change but it bugs me I can’t easily get them regardless - I’ll have to do that weird social thing and stuff if I want them, guess i’ll have to pay the toll too?

Is bank a thing/going to be a thing for switch? Anyone know if it will evolve the annoying xfer mons if so?

Of all the limitations, the ‘one move’ per team one can be the most challenging, especially in gen 1 - there aren’t a whole load of (good) ice moves and Lance becomes immediately more challenging if you wield only one ‘ice beamer’!

Edited on by BrainOfGrimlock

BrainOfGrimlock

DarkRula

@ReaderRagfish It'd be funny if the person you were battling had exactly the same idea.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

HobbitGamer

@boyd88 I know a few of us are going to be going after the Master Trainers, which requires a one-on-one fight with every single Pokémon at a high level.
With that in mind, I catch multiples of one so that I can use Judge to weed out low potential mons. At some point I’ll need a lvl 70 (?) pidgey or metapod to fight their master trainer, so I want one with “Amazing” stats

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Starburst

Looking for someone that has a scyther they are willing to trade

Whats poppin

Switch Friend Code: SW-5982-6570-5215 | 3DS Friend Code: 3583-5718-9476 | My Nintendo: Neko | Nintendo Network ID: Nekokanane

Tyranexx

Yosheel wrote:

Viridian Forest is infested with Pikachus.

And it's also filled with Misty's favorite type of Pokemon. =3

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

darkfenrir

Finally got Let's Go Eevee! Will play it tonight~

darkfenrir

Quarth

Now I haven’t played Sun and Moon, but in the latest Pkmn game I played, X and Y, I thought the online mode was pretty good, minus the obvious hacked monsters. If I remember correctly, I could match a Pokémon I wanted with one the other player wanted, making good trades. Why is the online mode in Let’s Go so barren in comparison? Everytime I try to start a trade I don’t know what the other player has to offer, and the other player always quits before we can even make a trade, which annoyingly throws you out of the online mode.

It sucks!

Edited on by Quarth

Friend code: SW-3941-9887-2293

HobbitGamer

Oi, I just realized you can't play in the Game Corner anymore. Stupid PEGI/ESRB.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

How about those Media Create sales figures in Japan eh.

660k units sold, 200k Switches.

Japan loves their Pokémon.

https://gematsu.com/2018/11/media-create-sales-11-12-18-11-18-18

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,247 games (as of April 15th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@Magician that’s around 1/3 of USUM lifetime, in just 2 days. That’s pretty respectable, I’d think.

#MudStrongs

Ryu_Niiyama

Is that code for battles only or for trading as well? I haven't traded since XY but I think I want a full dex this time around.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Buizel

Anyone got the hang of throwing the Pokeball Plus yet?

It seems whenever I try to angle the thing in a certain direction, it goes flying the opposite way.

I think it really could have done with a tutorial / calibration screen specifically for the motion controls.

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

Eel

I’ve found the best way to get a consistent straight throw is to flick the joycon upwards. Maybe it works with the pokeball too.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Buizel

@Yosheel oh I generally have no problem throwing straight, and indeed find that too.

It's just angling the ball that is the problem...

Such a shame really as I quite like the feeling of the ball, but handheld mode provides the best way of actually successfully catching things.

At least 2'8".

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic